Soft mod.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Quick question.

I plan on chipping my box in the near future but I would like to softmod it until then. Once the bios is flashed is there anyway that it will still be accepted on live? Can I reflash when I want (i.e. to the original xbox dashboard)? How often can I reflash? etc.

Thanks for any helpus maximus.

leggy.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Not *too* up on this, but you can reflash the bios as many times as you like (I think). However, if you have a haxx0red bios don't go near Live! as it will ban you and kill your pets/friends.

I trust you know www.xbox-scene.com - source of all funky info on xbox related shennanigans.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
If you're planning to chip it, it'll be easier if you haven't modded it before that (I'm assuming by softmod you mean do the two solder points and flash the onboard TSOP).

Yaka

Part of the furniture
think you may well be banned on live. if you use anything other than standard xbox bios when signing on for live games.

Jopasc

Fledgling Freddie
If you install a new dashboard or put other unsigned code on there then reflashing with the kosha MS bios after will cause problems. You would have to backup the original harddisk content before you softmod, then when you want to return to an un-softmodded state you would have to restore all the original files first, then re-flash the internal bios with the original MS bios.

You can't use Live! while its softmodded, you can however use it again once you have restored everything back to its original state.

If the game supports systemlink then you can play online with a modded xbox using xlink kai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom