Socket 939 AGP ?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Im about to buy a Athlon 3500-64 cpu but most of the motherboards to suit it seem to be pci-express. Now I have a 9800pro which isnt quite dead yet, and to be honest I dont want to spend another £250 on a video card, as well as the cpu / mobo.
Ive been looking at the Asus A8V rev 2 Deluxe as a possible agp motherboard, does anyone know if there are any problems with this ,or indeed do any 64bit AMD owners out there have any other suggestions ?
Cheers all :)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
I recently built a pc with just that chip and used an Abit AV8 with the 3rd eye guru thingy. Excellent board matey, really very good (and very overclockable too)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
.Wilier. said:
I recently built a pc with just that chip and used an Abit AV8 with the 3rd eye guru thingy. Excellent board matey, really very good (and very overclockable too)

aye after i built my rig i saw that mobo, and wished i bought it

Clown

Part of the furniture
When I was looking into getting this, I was going to get the 3rd Eye too. I decided to spend the money on watercooling instead, as I hadn't done this before.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
I am using an A8V with my old Radeon 9800 pro - works just fine.
The agp card needs to be 1.5V with this board btw.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh, well I have a 9800pro too, and as I assume you're speaking of the 64 Athlon cpus, then all is well :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I got the 939 Asus k8v deluxe I think, its the one with the wirless kit built into the mobo. With my nice 64-FX and a GF 6800 GT. Everything runs like a dream, one of my mates said I would get a problem with the Graphics Card, but they were wrong. Mind u I got a stonking 550W psu I don't really need that powers everything smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom