So WoW eh ...

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ive been playing daoc for years and its about on its last legs and 2 of my friends want me to play wow with em so much they xped me a rogue to 60 and made my trial acc a full one , my questions are ...

1. Is it fun to soplo pvp on a rogue if only 1 account ?
2. Should i stay undead or pay the fee to become a dark elf thingy <im horde btw>
3. Is it hard to get to 80 ?

Thanks for the replies :worthy:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its easy to get to 80 and actually quite good fun. There the fun ends. 80 is boring, there is virtually no world pvp and any there is is just a bunch of randoms running around like headless chickens. Arena is a minimum of 2 which could be ok, except its an endless grind to get decent gear. You may get lucky and get the odd 1v1 in the battlegrounds, in the same way you might get lucky and get a 1v1 next to the hastener outside of beno doors.

Syri

FH is my second home
If you like nothing but pvp, large scale battles, really involving fights and all that, wow is not for you. If you like a mix of pve and pvp, then it's decent enough.
Wintergrasp is quite fun, I find anyway, on a populated server. Can get some nice fights going, shame it's only every 2 hours.
Battlegrounds aren't too bad, some can be a pain, and that counts double if you've not got any proper pvp gear yet. Some are good fun though, and you can get decent scraps at times.
Arena, not tried it at 80, but at 70 at least, it was ok if you like small fights and working your way up a leaderboard.
There isn't a whole lot of world pvp, hasn't been for a while. Most attempts at low level world pvp end up with a high level player just killing and corpse camping low level ones. rarely get anything other than that really. Occasionally get some decent fights, including some decent ones when doing the achievement to kill all of the enemy faction leaders, but it's really battlegrounds, arena and wintergrasp that dominate the pvp side.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Stay as Horde, Alliance almost always do wank in PvP. You only need one acc, and can get 80 quite quick these days.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Stay as Horde, Alliance almost always do wank in PvP. You only need one acc, and can get 80 quite quick these days.

Alliance only do ok in wintergrasp and alterac valley on my server :)

any pvp that involve less then half a raid they lose by default because their hive mind stops working...

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
what server ya on is really a non issue these days as battlegrounds (and dungeons for that matter) are cross realm. I've been playing wow for about three years now, maybe 4 and I'm not bored of it yet. Faction wise Horde doesn't really dominate Alliance overall. (I have chars for both at a variety of levels). You simply find that at a given level bracket Horde might be doing well some days, Alliance others. If Solo PVP is your thing just find a high population PVP realm with a good population balance... UK Based? Outland perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom