So who is trying out Foundations?

M

minstrel_kyra

Just got all the update.dat stuff sorted and about to launch it.

Looking forward to something new :)

So who is trying it? What do you think of it so far??

M

minstrel_kyra

Just tried to log in but got an error message. I know a little French so I understand (I think) that the error message said I couldn't connect... guessing the server is down or something?

But just for the heck of it, I ran the message thru babel fish... always a source of entertainment.

The original:
Impossible de terminer la mise a jour.
merci d'essayer ulterieurment.
si vous n'arrivez pas a vous connecter, verifiez your parametres internet.

Babel fish's interpretation:
impossible to finish the update. thank you to test ulterieurment. if you do not arrive has to connect you, verifiez your parameters Internet.

:clap:

R

razorboy

patch to french servers first, then patch to gorre.

J

Jaem

Rather try out new RvR stuff or ToA tbh, Foundations just fluff.

O

oldnick

i have tried it over the past days.

have to say im very impressed with the setup, easy to use etc even in french (which i dont speak)

but i am dissapointed with the houses and villas.

Huge amounts of space wasted considering the amount your going to pay for it.

I know they want to stop people macro crafting and thats fair enough, but in the villa top floor the forge hook point and merchant hook point are separated by 2 lots of stairs :/

I think they should have made dedicated merchant hook points and then seprate teleporter/healer/hastener hook points. so that at least you wouldnt have to keep swapping them all the time.

The general layout of the lands is good tho.

A

amazingsteve

Like oldnick said, it´s very easy to use and to understand, even in French. I´ve only tried the Hibbie houses myself, when i went to Albion all the lots were taken :( But especially the mansion is great for a guild, u can have a guildofficer-dining room and a guildmeetingroom:D

O

[Oo]Escape

Originally posted by minstrel_kyra
Just tried to log in but got an error message. I know a little French so I understand (I think) that the error message said I couldn't connect... guessing the server is down or something?

I posted this up on ally forums... it's all you need to get started ;)

- Copy your DAoC(SI) folder to another part of your hardisk
- Download Foundations(SI) and unzip it into your copied DAoC folder
- You need to download the french 1.62 patch, so open your update.dat and replace everything with this:

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/french/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/french/isles/mpatch.dat

- Run daoc and let it patch
- Now patch to 1.63, open update.dat again and replace everything with this:

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.9:1280/updates/french/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.9:1280/updates/french/isles/mpatch.dat

- Run daoc again and after the patch, log in to Gorre!

Links:
French/English translations
Housing zone maps

O

[Oo]Escape

The beta on Gorre is definately worth trying if you plan to buy a house. You can save yourself cash by experimenting with the options/furniture/garden now.

It'll be fun for a while, but in the long run I'm only going to keep a cottage for the vault space.

O

old.Belorfyn

As for myself, I've decided not to try it so not to spoil anything.
I've seen hardly any screenshots or anything (apart from ones on EU Foundations site and Herald) either so it'll all be new :)

I really hope they patch next week, can't wait! :)

After we get them housing and prices go down bit so we can buy ours, don't expect to see me outside our house for few days :)

O

old.Morchaoron

arghhh its driving me nuts how the hell can you lock things down, and how the hell can i access my own chests (the ones with the special hardpoints in the basement)

and when i add a friend they still cant come in (or is that because its me?)

O

old.Belorfyn

and when i add a friend they still cant come in (or is that because its me?) [/B]

If you're doing it right, like said in Herald manual or something, then it may be that you've found a bug. It's beta after all :)

See the manual and try again, and perhaps ask if others can do it. If it doesn't seem to work, better report it :)

M

minstrel_kyra

thank you Escape, but I did do all of that. I read it a couple times and then followed it step by step.

Found an extra Mythic file in the same d directory, and although that shouldn't effect it, perhaps that is what is messing it up.

Will erase everything on that drive and start from scratch.

thx for the help though :)

O

oldnick

Its tricky , but adding friends does work

I had a bug with my vault and consignment merchant, which i only fixed by selling the house to myself (2 accounts)

You cant fix stuff down, then again only you can move it.

A mansion would be great, but its hellish expensive in live patch and no free 100 plat either

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom