So who is from Germany playing on UK Servers?!?

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I know/knew alot German Player who play/played Hib. Tell me why the hell do you play on those Servers and not the German ones...

I started my first Char in beta and had alot fun.Met people like Novamir, Tzeentch/Saadyst, Balnor, Gray, etc,etc, 12000 other people...and at the release day i started Excalibur because it was the Server where almost all of the people i knew from beta went.And i didn't knew there would be German Servers!

So here iam...still :D

Necksnapper

Fledgling Freddie
Heya all

So youre lookin out for germans who're playin on uk servers? Here is one :) I'm currently on Excalibur / Albion, and I did not regret my decision for a second!

My story: I played daoc since the beta too, and after the release I started on the german server Avalon, and played the game for 3 years. But the game started to fuck me up, lvling was boring as hell, RvR was not nearly as great as promised, and the people were quite, well, unnerving.
So I left doc and started WoW a year afterwards. Again on a german server. And I've never seen so much insanely stupid kiddies in one game!! AAARGH!! I was a guild leader with 70+ members, but even that couldnt hold me, I had to leave the game after 3 months, that was really too much for me.

Then, after a while, I thought back at my daoc time, and somehow I got quite nostalgic :p So i decided to give daoc another go.

So I bought the game again, and when I had to choose a server, I began to think: In almost every game, every forum I know, the germans are a bunch of strange morons, not able to communicate friendly with their fellas, always crying about something utterly unimportant, where the english people were always quite relaxed, funny, polite and generally a nice bunch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm born in germany, and although I'm no german, I live here and that not to bad, but I just cant understand the people there. How is it that there are so devastated in their minds?

So I've chosen Excalibur, and after the first 2-3 days, even on an almost deserted server, I had the fun of my daoc life! :england: and even when my old friends wanted me back on Avalon, I will never play on a german server again.

Mal im ernst, ich versteh echt nicht wie die deutschen nur so abgefuckt sein können. Ich sag das echt ungern, aber des ist ma sowas von kein vergleich zu den menschen in englischen spielen... werd auch bei warhammer online wieder aufn englischen server spielen und bei so ziemlich allen serverabhänginen spielen werd ich das selbe tun. Bist herzlich eingeladen mich auf Excalibur zu besuchen und dich davon ma zu überzeugen :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Necksnapper said:
Mal im ernst, ich versteh echt nicht wie die deutschen nur so abgefuckt sein können. Ich sag das echt ungern, aber des ist ma sowas von kein vergleich zu den menschen in englischen spielen... werd auch bei warhammer online wieder aufn englischen server spielen und bei so ziemlich allen serverabhänginen spielen werd ich das selbe tun. Bist herzlich eingeladen mich auf Excalibur zu besuchen und dich davon ma zu überzeugen :)

Translation according to babelfish...still reads like shit to me :)

Time first leg, I only so abgefuckt do not understand be can really like the German. I won that really unwillingly, but the ma is play will play such a thing of no comparison to the persons in English... also in its hammer Online again aufn English server and play will do in so rather all serverabhänginen I the same. Are sincerely invited to visit me on Excalibur and to convince you ma

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
translate.google.com did a better job.

what i gather people play better on english servers and he will play english in war also.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
The real question is:

Who is from Germany and willing to admit it?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
The real question is:

Who is from Germany and willing to admit it?

/mememe

not playing anymore though. ;)

played on Excal during beta, then moved with the people I met there to Prydwen on release.
Checked Avalon briefly and didn't know if I should laugh or cry at that translation :p

Necksnapper

Fledgling Freddie
allright allright I will translate it :)
Honestly,I really dont understand how you germans can be so fucked up. I really dont like to say that, but that is somewhat of no comparison to the people in english games... I will play on an eglish server again at Warhammer online, much like in every other serverdependent game... You're sincerely invited to pay me a visit on excalibur to see the difference ( yes I know hat he's playin already on excalibur, maybe he stopped playin hibbies and is in Albion now? )

Mal im ernst, ich versteh echt nicht wie die deutschen nur so abgefuckt sein können. Ich sag das echt ungern, aber des ist ma sowas von kein vergleich zu den menschen in englischen spielen... werd auch bei warhammer online wieder aufn englischen server spielen und bei so ziemlich allen serverabhänginen spielen werd ich das selbe tun. Bist herzlich eingeladen mich auf Excalibur zu besuchen und dich davon ma zu überzeugen

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Necksnapper said:
the english people were always quite relaxed, funny, polite and generally a nice bunch.

Which strange game and server do you speak of to behold such a sight?

;)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
The guys in <Pandora> on Hib/Pryd are germans, don't think they play much lately though. Played some with them and they are very nice people.

Necksnapper

Fledgling Freddie
most of the germans who're playin on english servers think mostly alike as me.
The words "game" and "fun" are not known on german servers, only competition and bein the leetest

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
/mememe

not playing anymore though. ;)

played on Excal during beta, then moved with the people I met there to Prydwen on release.
Checked Avalon briefly and didn't know if I should laugh or cry at that translation :p

Do come play again you lazy bum. Make a group friendly char this time. :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
A good m8 of mine is german, and has no chars on german servers because he thinks they are just no fun to play with. He also drinks in an English bar and refuses to help me learn german unless its various ways to ask for beer and tell people to suck goats.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I`m from GER
Started playing DAoC in beta together with a couple of people of my Quake3 Clan (which was UK based... hi Baz :)). Don´t ask me how I ended up playing Q3 in UK leagues... it´s kind of a long story.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Its odd that the Germans who play UK servers are really nice people, who say the Germans on German servers are idiots...is that irony?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
well.. not really.
Thing is, germans who´re playing on a UK server are usually a bit older than the average player on a german server, simply because it takes a certain age (and some confidence) to communicate in a foreign language. So the language barrier is some kind of natural selection thingy, filtering out all the 12 year old BattleNet punks. :)

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
So the language barrier is some kind of natural selection thingy, filtering out all the 12 year old BattleNet punks. :)
i was 12 year old when starting daoc and i live in belgium so normally i shouldnt really know english but i could speak already very good english 8)
so your 'theory' isnt rly right :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
For Germany, it is. :)
You start learning English in School at 10 (5th grade), so at 12, you have had 2 years of English and that´s not enough.
Maybe you´re having a different system in B.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
For Germany, it is. :)
You start learning English in School at 10 (5th grade), so at 12, you have had 2 years of English and that´s not enough.
Maybe you´re having a different system in B.
we start learning english at 2nd grade of secondary school ;) (14 years old)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
I played Hib Avalon and i had no problems with Germans. It is easier to get a good group there then on English cluster

It is impossible to say something generic about German / French / PvP / English servers. It all depends on what people you meet. Culture and habits may differ (f.i. On Avalon people don't respect artifact camping which i find very nice. Some people might consider that rude) but has nothing to do with how nice people are.

Tomwyr

Fledgling Freddie
i played beta, i live in france & iirc release was a day or so earlier in france, then when they put up english & german servers i tried avalon a bit but went straight back to english servers, i hated the (imo bad) translations.

and to say something generic about the german /french servers : translations on release were bugged as hell :flame:

Valini

Fledgling Freddie
I started to play daoc when i was 11, on camlann.

my english skills increased a lot, because i played on english server, helped a lot at school. :)

btw. im 15 now, and yes german :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom