So, who is already set for the RP server?

Abriael

Fledgling Freddie
And what faction?

I know I am, Arthurian of course.

After all, I'm from Guin :D

Michael N

Regular Freddie
I know I am, and a properly run for a change would be nice. I hate having L33tpwnorznubinstuffz seen as a character in game.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Viking because all the corrupted stuff must like die and stuff and i like playing with axes and making snowmen (and then slaying them)

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Viking because all the corrupted stuff must like die and stuff and i like playing with axes and making snowmen (and then slaying them)
Wasn't it all about Green and Tree hugging, when did you change sides and became an ally of the barbarians ?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Wasn't it all about Green and Tree hugging, when did you change sides and became an ally of the barbarians ?

We get SNOW like all the time and they give us axes for free, need i tell you more ?

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Won't you get cold having your belly exposed to the cold environment of those brutes, come and chill in the beach with some hawt Elfs(or Lurikeens if they are more into your liking).... DO I NEED TO TELL YOU MORE???

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I will play the underdog realm, just have to wait and see ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh I dunno, depends what the classes have to offer I guess :) MJ did say no class would be a mirror of any other realm so hibs may have some really broken stuff like vanilla DAOC *cough* group purge & baod *cough* :p

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
Not sure about a RP server... Although I hope one is added... I shall be a VIKING!!! :)

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie
RP Server, sure... Realm... Where the cool people go. You know who you are, so I'm counting on you all to work out your differences and pick the same realm.

Seehawk

Fledgling Freddie
I have always played in the Arthurian settings/realms in games mostly due to their history. This time though I'm really considering going with Viking. Reading Beowulf probably helped a lot. :)

RP server, I don't know if I can do that and not spoil the immersion for the others around me.....

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
RP, for sure, and two wild guesses on the Finn and his choice of faction :p

Nomans

Can't get enough of FH
Started as Midgard on DAoC and will probably once again go down the Viking route, but very tempted by the crafter as a standalone class. If that fails, like the good old days go for the archer class.

Played RP on many MMO's so unsure whether or not to go that route, as it seems people don't get the concept of RP.

Everz

FH is my second home
May play a RP server again. Nimue it's in prime was a brilliant community, with the naming rules and the weird talking (remember Shadowklan anyone?) made it enjoyable.

That and some of the fights were pretty immense for a such a small population server.

rynnor

Rockhound
RP servers have not really worked in other recent games - they can attract griefers who just want to annoy people and additionally have been perceived as a soft touch so 2nd rank guilds un-interested in RP have moved to them for hopefully softer fights.

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd give RP server a try, as Viking. Same way i started Daoc so many lifetimes ago..

Vallikor

Fledgling Freddie
Always RP servers (even if lately it hasn't meant a damn), and so far, the Viking concept art is what I like. But we'll have to see the races and classes, won't we? If we get Dwarfs, it will be no contest for me.

And regarding RP servers attracting griefers, at least in CU we will be able to cut their demons tongue from their heretical mouths ;) First target in any fight I'm in will be "Bobguy Stabbytits"

TheIceQueen

Fledgling Freddie
I wanna say I will be Viking since I loved Midgard on Guinevere, but I really gotta see the race and class choices first to ultimately decide. But Roleplay server all the way for me! :)

boxfetish

Fledgling Freddie
I will almost certainly be on the RP server. Not too much of an RPer, but I simply do not want to see any leetspeak names or chat. And will hopefully see less e-peening as well. I will play a Viking Crafter. Dwarf or Troll if they have those races.

Tanos

Regular Freddie
Always for RP. People seems a bit more relaxed there and the setting feels just more ... RPG with naming and habit of the people. Realm, well depends on some buddies and the classes. But it tends to become viking based on the last 12 years' experience.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i was tricked by irl friends in starting playing albion all those years back.

life sucks.

Vallikor

Fledgling Freddie
MJ had this to say on the Kickstarter chat the other day.

@Sagart - Well, that is one of the things we discussed during the KS. A more expensive RP server, with events, more GM involvement, strict naming/chat/etc. enforcement.

I admit, I missed any talk of dedicated RP servers during the KS campaign, but I do love the idea of having an RP server with some level of enforcement on it. As for the events, I think if you give the players the place, they'll make the events themselves, but maybe he has some good ideas that would be a lot of fun for those of us looking forward to RP.

boxfetish

Fledgling Freddie
If they do the more expensive dedicated RP server, I think that's a great idea. I would like to see them add to the list of extras that they will hunt and ban botters as well.

Vallikor

Fledgling Freddie
I admit, having a nominal extra fee for RP servers is a great idea in my mind. I would happily pay it if it meant that naming restrictions and chat were enforced. Social activities and events would just be a bonus perk (unless they were horribly boring and detracted from my game).

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Mark Jacobs said that he was interested in doing a enforced RP server, names, rules, lore, ect, which I've not heard of. I nominate Pam to be the Enforcer. :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
More companies need to enforce RP rules on RP specific servers to be honest, most MMO companies only label them as RP and don't enforce any of it... making it rather pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom