So, where does this stuff happen then....

O

old.Ramas

A comment from Lum about DAoC, on another board, where it was suggested that quests which allow players to actually change the environment would be good.....

We have all these things you have already mentioned.

Merchants that activate only to people based on faction - several towns in Shrouded Isles for each realm.

Large sections of an old world dungeon flip flop from "live, working temple of evil" to "dead, abandoned temple of evil with extra bitter remnants" based upon player interactions.

Armies that spawn and attack towns - not only does this happen in several places in SI (the Hibernia version wiping out a fairly major town, I think), a variant in Albion actually allows the player to "take command" of the NPC guards and reinforce various parts of the battle based on player input.

The fact that the great majority of players, like you, don't know about this content says much for the playstyle of players and how they digest content.

OK, I recognise the 'NPC areas that function as towns if you have good faction' stuff. But I have no idea what the rest is.

Old world dungeon, I can only assume is barrows? I have no idea what parts of it we can affect though?

But commanding NPC guards in SI?
:eek7:

P

pinball

Shes talking morea about hibi campaign but well we use to have a guard patrol to control in last years campaign(merc army)

O

old.Ramas

The merc army was a GOA event, not mythic content - seems unlikely that Lum would be refering to GOA only content.

In the context of the rest of the thread, this is permanent features of SI/Classic DAoC.

L

loxleyhood

Theres a quest where u are supposed to take over the guards of the forts guarding Caer Gothwaite and the drakorans attack, but, like most Mythic creations, it doesn't work. :D

L

Larik-

"Merchants that activate only to people based on faction - several towns in Shrouded Isles for each realm. "

-Clifton, I guess for albion and lammia factions

"Large sections of an old world dungeon flip flop from "live, working temple of evil" to "dead, abandoned temple of evil with extra bitter remnants" based upon player interactions. "

-Might be referring to the Willing Sacrifice (think thats the name)quest in Mithra where the 'live' priests spawn. Is an overstatement to some extent about large sections of the dungeon effected. (if it is that)

No idea about the rest of it - armies could be the orc/ogre armies but I've never seen them do anything but stand around looking at each other.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Larik-
"Merchants that activate only to people based on faction - several towns in Shrouded Isles for each realm. "
There's the barbarian town where you get some SI quest. Called Little Haven if I recall. That's faction based.

F

Flimgoblin

someone mentioned something about drakoran attacking the forts outside anniogel at night...

C

carky

u have to kill guards at caer gothwaite keep sum1 sed :S

D

Draylor

Originally posted by old.Ramas
But commanding NPC guards in SI?:eek7:
Hes seriously overstating the 'Under Attack' quest. Its a little different, but not as good as he makes it sound.

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
someone mentioned something about drakoran attacking the forts outside anniogel at night...

Thats part of a quest but Ive done it twice and only ever found the Draks in there camp they never seem to actually attack the fort. There again I may have been unlucky.

G

grebneklaf

Actually ive participated in a Ogre versus Orcs battle once, at the time i thought it was a fairly common event, but i am beginning to think its not.

So to anybody who hasnt seen it. It started outside Krondon(the old entrance), ive always been on good terms with the ogres, since ive killed like a gazillion Orcs, well anyway had walked in the area just minding my own business, having a look around. Well theres this broadcast stuff going about, an Ogre speaker or something i seem to remember he is called, well he goes on about humans deserting them, not helping them in their time of need, that the Ogres now will start fend for them selves, becomming powerfull and stuff. Ok he then says that they have learned from humans that acces to water gives power, the Orcs are in the Ogres way to the water so they are gonna remove the Orcs.
Ok next thing that happens is that some Ogres patrols form up, 4 or 5 teams, about 10 Ogres in each team with an Ogre squadleader in each. They then proceed out towards the water where a bunch of Orcs coastguards(not finguards) have teamed up and they have a go at each other. Ogres gets badly creamed, well so did i, but was loads of fun. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread