So whats Hib _actually_ like?

Velveteen

Fledgling Freddie
I'm thinking about buying two new lisences and playing on Hib....

this means leveling up from 1 to 50.... I know its not so bad with the new camp bonuses and such, but it is still a long drawn out affair... I can deal with that if I know the places.

But what I really want to know is, is it as greed orientated as Mid? are prices so high that you have to sell your left (and right) testacle to buy fine alloy weapons?

Are there many guilds that do active PvE stuff? What sort of prices do scrolls go for? and whats the general sort of rules for artie Camping? same as Mid? or do you guys have a sense of common respect?

Just wondering before I spend money and realise it was a mistake hehe =)

Many thanks for any replies

Aardwolf

Loyal Freddie
well you write examples of items and scrolls on mid and ill write you prices for same stuff on hib

Funkybunny

Banned
ill actually say 2 more words and ill have you a hibby (i dont even play exc so much so i dont actually care ) :p

BASELINE STUN!

Velveteen

Fledgling Freddie
Battler?
GoV?
Malice?
SoK?

ehmmm just the usual stuff I'm really interested in tbh

And what classes duo well? I was thinking Bard/Eld? Or perhaps Shade/Druid

Dunno atm, haven't totally made my mind up but any advice would be great =)

Aardwolf

Loyal Freddie
Battler and malice scrolls are oki, battler scrolls are 1/3 1p 2/3 1p 3/3 about 5-10p
malice 1/3 100g 2/3 4-5p 3/3 10-15p(overpriced)

gov scrolls 4-9p

NS istnt really a duo class maybe with 2 Ns bu i guess you mean druid/NS duo as Druid being BB than yeh. I am not really sure about best duo coz it all fits on the way you play.
p.s. use FH trading posts to find prices overall

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Velveteen said:
Just wondering before I spend money and realise it was a mistake hehe =)

Many thanks for any replies

hm I think if ur going to hib it will never be a mistake .. well thats how I see it

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Velveteen said:
are prices so high that you have to sell your left (and right) testacle to buy fine alloy weapons?

Don't fool yourself that we'll allow you to keep anything in between :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Rerolled from Mid/excal about 6-7 weeks ago, haven't regretted it for a moment. Wasn't easy getting my first 50 since I had to mostly solo BUT it's generally a much friendlier realm though.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Generally speaking the realms are very similar in the player base, it usually depends what crowd you fall in with as to your experience.

The only generalisation i can make from playing all 3 realms is that Mid seems a bit more realm-oriented than the other two, but hibs tend to rise to the occasion better than mid and alb when their borders are threatened.

Won't be agreed with by everyone, but its my opinion for what its worth.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
In hib u must never buy scrolls, the most of the good and a little rare ones goes for :eek2: 5 to 20plats :eek2: .. much easyer to make a char and go farm them your self. Except for the housing prices is the most of the ppl very friendly and very nice persons..

Velveteen

Fledgling Freddie
so whats a good duo combo then?

You guys nearly have me completely sold. And where's the hip hib locations to level?

I do prefer to Melee cause of less downtime from power....

however, Hib is the casting realm.....

And bards do have power songs..... hmm decisions....

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Fuaip said:
In hib u must never buy scrolls, the most of the good and a little rare ones goes for :eek2: 5 to 20plats :eek2: .. much easyer to make a char and go farm them your self. Except for the housing prices is the most of the ppl very friendly and very nice persons..

prices the same elsewhere too

vintervargen

Banned
i'd suggest a ns/ranger + bard, and then exp a bb to 40/50 later, just spec a ranger high bow and you can chain yellows/oranges without any downtime at all (probably)

fortunefish

Banned
okay, well first to clear something you said earlyer

Alb - Caster realm -sorc fiz cabba thrug necro
Mid - tank realm - Zerk Savage Skald Warrior and new catas one
Hib - healing realm - Druid Warden Bard (ment)

anyway onto duos:

best ones are

PVE:

Ench +bard
Ench +Druid

Verd Ani +druid
Verd Ani +bard

Hero +Bard/warden
Champ +Bard/warden

RVR:

NS+NS
Ranger + Ranger
NS + Ranger

Bard +BM/Vamp/Champ

Voidy+voidy - (tried and tested with toa, rocks so hard)

Ive seen a nice Bard +Hero duo, they were very toaed and buffed but were doing nice dmg, hero was hybrid LW and had BG on bard

Hib is expensive so here are some solutions:

Roll a fecking ANI like the rest of us <--- easyest one imo, and u can pl with it

Bite the bullet and farm some plats and buy the stuff

Ebay plats are very reliable and quick.

Find a ncie guild:

Iron Phooka Wolves
Ilfrin Aarda
Chosen
CBH - (slightly inactive i think :twak: )
Celtic leaf armt are nice

unless u want RVR pwn and 50 then go for

LA
Dem hibbies
VGN-inactive
(tons of rvr guilds in hib atm)

yeh

regards and good luck

fotunefish

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Druid + Warden is another good pve combo if the druid isn't just a bot.

Vampiir + shield tank (bm/hero/champ) sounds interesting

Vampiir + bard is another

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Auriel said:
Vampiir + bard is another

Oh yeah!

Tho I'd go for the Chanter/Ani + BB solution.

edit: leveling hotspots: I don't know with Catacombs now (task dungeons are pretty nice), I used to start from domnann and make my way towards Necht. Mobs scale accordingly.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Oh yeah!

Tho I'd go for the Chanter/Ani + BB solution.

edit: leveling hotspots: I don't know with Catacombs now (task dungeons are pretty nice), I used to start from domnann and make my way towards Necht. Mobs scale accordingly.

from level 22 to 35 (maybe even higher) you can exp in NF behind the relic walls. Druim Cain towards scath are mobs lvl 22-32 then switch to druim ligen towards ailine and you get mobs ranging from lvl 35 to 40+. Exp is nice there and very rarely camped plus you get outpost bonus which is very nice (and you dont risk anything since you are at the relic side of NF).

Best thing is probably to start with an animist or light mentalist as main char and druid as buffbot. Both ani and menta are excellent for farming ToA. Maybe you know someone in hib who can borrow you a fop bot else it will be a bit slow.

Funkybunny

Banned
you can xp from 20 til 40 in frontier no problem..

@ lvl 20 you go from druim cain, go down to the right and there should be alot of mobs yellow to red ... trees have a damageshield though

then its just to check right outside keeps for mobs after that.. i think i did 25ish @ behn t1 or sumthn.. the keep on the coastal line with water around it..

there you can stay til over lvl 30

at 32 or so you can think about closing around til the relic keep .. think its ailinne theres a few trees wich provides good xp and has decent pop rate for a duo..

at 39 i was xping behind relic gates, just pull "towards" the relic gate coz then you get 20% xtra xp:p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Chanter + Mentalist is a nice option too, know a mate who's doing this. Sure you lose the buffs but the Mentalist HOT and mana regen seems to make up for it.

HOT is frickin awesome :)

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, vampiir + nature druid? 44nat/31reg for the new fotm vampiir buffbot spec! :p

non-shadow mastery vampiir + mana ment...

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Roll a chanter/druid and focus pull you self to 50.. They are PVE gods aswell so you can farm scrolls/artys etc aswell later on.
Just my advice.. gl :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
1-50 and almost ml3 in free month that came with the new account, grouping and help from some friends I made from the other side of the golf course.

Free Level every 2 days means you only need to do half the work that it used to be, also with the new exp bonuses, its easier then ever for leveling the normal way. Now Catacombs has come long, theres many rolling the new classes from level 1, so lots to group with if their feeling social and not "I must be the 1st catacombs char to 50 so I solo" type. :)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Just go hib for the simple reason that it is in landscape and in its people ..the nicest enviroment of all the 3 realms ..our classes are reasonably good ..and scroll prices wont matter in the next patch or so ..and if u need money u can always farm yourself a band of shadows or something - my druid can kill that mob so whatever u roll should be ok .. ;)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
fortunefish said:
okay, well first to clear something you said earlyer

Alb - Caster realm -sorc fiz cabba thrug necro
Mid - tank realm - Zerk Savage Skald Warrior and new catas one
Hib - healing realm - Druid Warden Bard (ment)
Who said that? or where is that written ? :p
and best duo(trio) is chanter+warden+radar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom