So whatever happened to /level 30??

O

old.Glendower

I suppose that GOA has enough problems focusing on any one issue, so to hope that they are actually tending to the other game concerns is totally pie in the sky?

Population imbalances on the english servers are totally out of control.

S

ssera

Originally posted by the_smurflord
So are people's over-reactions.

:clap:

I reckon Pryd/hib will probably get one, but the rest no chance. Think about it, do you really want all the French and German players coming onto the UK servers...

H

hercules-df

gif more spanish crazys!!!!!!!!!
fuck the french and jarmans, they got enough stinking servers of their own :)

G

Graknak

/level 30 in any realm will give an even great unbalanced server as all the ppl from realm x server a go to realm y server b because you can /level 30 there instead of /level 20 in yer own real. /level 30 on any realm will just shift the majority to there making the other ones imbalanced. might aswell give each realm /level 50 ><

N

ning

Originally posted by ssera
:clap:

Think about it, do you really want all the French and German players coming onto the UK servers...

There are more French and German on UK servers than you think.

M

Mid_Blejsarus

gib 200ppl more online primetime pryd/hib pls

O

old.Gillaien

Originally posted by ssera
Think about it, do you really want all the French and German players coming onto the UK servers...
Too late, we've been here from the start :p

O

old.Zarff

tbh /level 40 or 50 wouldn't hurt at all on hib/pryd.

S

ssera

Originally posted by old.Gillaien
Too late, we've been here from the start :p

I know (I'm one of them ;) ) but in this case you'll just get everyone else... This would probably die down quite quickly though, as people soon realise that leveling to 30 isn't a big deal, and it's at 40+ that it becomes really slow... I'd rather they had a /fastxp command, or ofc /level 50 ;)

E

Erethan

omg /level xx is pathetic, so make it /level 50 while you´re at it, so this game really can suck big time

O

old.Glendower

Population stats show both english realms in hib as having about the same %...very low.

And that is the POINT of /level 30, to get people to go there (duh!)

Frankly, I play on the Euro server to meet folks from other societies, and I would welcome players from anywhere. :)

I would prefer they speak a bit of english, however, as it is all I know :(

Iregardless of all this debate as to its value....there has been no word from GOA for several weeks now on the issue, and they said they were going to "take a decision" (lol!) soon.

E

Erethan

since the /level and the spellcrafting entered the game lots of people (good ones) have left for good and I dont think thats a good point though :)

F

Flimgoblin

I think having their servers hacked and the process of auditing, cleaning, reinstalling and reorganising their network may well have disrupted their other work somewhat.

T

tripitaka

Nerf all /level commands imo.

that way, level 20's wont keep coming up to you asking for cash. ;)

O

old.Glendower

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
I think having their servers hacked and the process of auditing, cleaning, reinstalling and reorganising their network may well have disrupted their other work somewhat.

I am certain you are right. This, however, again raises the issues:

1) Service is CRAP, and shouldn't take WEEKS to sort.

2) GOA, like any company of even moderate quality, needs to be able to address it's main goals separately from any incidental issues that crop up. Note they have their lamo event going...well fine, is it SO difficult to look at pop numbers and flip the /level switch???

Maybe the cheap bastards need to hire more help?? Monkeys are getting tired I am sure :(

A

allnewdave

Check the stats on duskwave. Server/Realm population, xp per week characters etc.

Hibernia need new RVR people on both servers, this means people starting new chars on a hib not existing hibs making alts. I personally doubt level 30 will help here.

Regardin GOA:

Imagine that, they're taking a few extra months to implement something. Next you'll be expecting them to do stuff on time. Sheesh.

F

Falcon

Half of us on Hib/Pryd have moved/are moving to the US servers.

Sick of waiting.

O

ormorof

Originally posted by Falcon
Half of us on Hib/Pryd have moved/are moving to the US servers.

Sick of waiting.

all 5 of the 10? ;)

on a more serious note, gifv /level 30 so i can play hib/excal :eek:

K

kallora

From my experience on US servers, particularly Galahad, we wondered before the /level came in who would get it on Galahad. At that point, the RvR on the server was pretty well balanced, there were more Albs as usual but Mid and HIb did well pwning Alb, so generally it was thought Galahad was a balanced server, so we'd all get /level 20.

What happend?
Galahad Hib got /level 30
Galahad Mid got /level 30

At that time Hib had 3 pow relics so they had a huge influx of overpowered chanters camping every xp spot.

3-4 months later, Mids now own 4 relics, BG3 is a middie zerg fest and the overall realm populations haven't changed.

They totally misjudged the way /level 30 would affect the population balance. They naively thought that giving /level 30 to all the low population realms would get more people there. What acutally happened was certain realms got huge influxes of noobs playing FOTM classes in BG3 then going back to their old servers and people fed up with the population imbalance on their regular servers went and /level 30 on one of the better servers.

The only Albion realm to get /level 30 was Bors and within a week they had 5000+ new level 30s! So Mythic "We need to give /level 30 time to see if it works or not" pulled /level 30 on Alb Bors, saying "Alb Bors population is now fixed!" Of course it wasn't because most of those /level 30 were people wanting to try out infis or necros and once they had satisfied their curiosity, went back to their home servers, so Alb Bors is no better off apart from having a bunch of "trash" invade their server for a few weeks.

Overall, the /level 30 is a fiasco. Mythic will NOT admit it hasnt worked, rather they want to give it "More time" to work. Bollocks! They should drop all /lvel 30 and give everyone /level 20 and let PEOPLE decide where they want to play.

This was a very very crude attempt at population control and it totally failed.

Edit: bah! please excuse my typing... I think someone moved the keys around on my keyboard!!!

O

old.Glendower

Can't say as I disagree with you.

There has been dozens of much better ideas to deal with imbalances, but Mythic, in thier eternal cheapness and pursuit of the quick/shoddy fix, have instead gone this route, which, while sucking, is all we have atm.

So i would like it to be implemented.

My wife, who enjoys grouping and pve very much, would be happy to play with all the new alts/imports regardless :)

A

amazingsteve

monkey language inc!
GoA giving banana
Bad man hit GoA
GoA rubs head
GoA kicks bad man
GoA gives banana.

translation: /level 30 delayed because of hacking, hacking done, they´ll announce it soon, stop asking.

O

old.Glendower

They wont do squat unless it is being rubbed in thier face (and even rarely then), so at least keeping the thread up and visible is a viable strategy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom