so what mobs are possible with a 50summoning SM then?

C

-chancer-

i know they go in to TG an kill mobs there but where else can they kill high lvl mobs? an how many healers / shaman etc r needed?

S

SilverHood

everything except the dragon

Legion might be tricky with 1 sm cos of the adds.

C

-chancer-

gifv mob names, i presume a sm couldnt take the GG down for example .......maybe the Doden's Thane altho he hits damn hard

O

old.Jable

Originally posted by SilverHood
everything except the dragon

Legion might be tricky with 1 sm cos of the adds.

i think thats sarcasm. everyone knows an sm can handle the adds.

B

Brunore

GG could be interesting as he sometimes throws people about.

A

Aoami

I think Zorena took down GG with an SM grp thing.

F

Flimgoblin

not very much above orange in a couple of patches ;)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
not very much above orange in a couple of patches ;)

Thank-god. I don't have anything against Summ teams except for the arrogent pricks that decide to ignore public raids and farm mobs regardless, or worse, try to farm them while theres a public raid going on!! (yes, i have seen it sadly :()

It probably wouldn't have been nerfed if it hadn't been for that sort of stuff. And don't worry, i intend to cry myself to sleep over this. So no need to tell me to cry more or anything like that ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Adds are fine so long as they attack the pet, however this isn't always the case. If they go for the SM the focus is broken and the SM still has to wait a few secs before he can cast anything else.

Also, Summoning SMs won't have any decent mez abilities and will have to rely on root - a dodgy form of CC at best especially up close.

However, given that any of these types of effort always have healers close by a healer can CC a bit to buy time while the pet tries to get the agro but if you're attempting extremely high level mobs good luck with any CC attempts :D

From 1.65, as said above, it won't even be an issue as FDS in all realms is getting nerfed. All SMs will get a single line respec in that patch.

Generally when peeps ask me, I tell them that unless they are going to have their SM to 50 soon not to bother speccing Summoning other than as a secondary line if their preference is for a tough pet rather than some suppression tricks.
EDIT: Oops made an assumption of Dark SM there, but you know what I mean :D

At the moment, you can do stuff like DF Knights with 1 SM + Healer and also things like the mini summoners in Dodens if you know what you are doing. I believe someone has done WoWs with this setup. Blackbyrd Family have done one of the TG Council with this lineup though it took an extremely long time to do so.

The pet buffs are on par with shammy buffs and you can use a healer for baseline buffs. However, I believe shammy baseline buffs delve higher than healer so you get a bit of benefit there if you have at least one shammy along.

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Brunore
GG could be interesting as he sometimes throws people about.

pets on passive aren't affected by things like these

M

mavericky

I havent farmed in TG, but with 2 seers you can take out about 3 hulks/knights in a pull, thought sometimes you will panic about the seers power. The more seers you have the more mobs you can kill at once. All WoWs are ok, thought the GG WoW can cause problems. All in all though its pretty boring and am looking forward to the nerf so I can respec

O

old.Belorfyn

Some of the things we've managed with our PvE guild group which is one spiritmaster and one healer, no bots, +some potions handy:
- Minisummoner
- Glacier Giant
- Council Hord
- Issorden

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Blackbyrd Family have done one of the TG Council with this lineup though it took an extremely long time to do so.
Actually, Hord himself took about 7-10 minutes, it was getting to Hord from entrance that took 7 hours :)

We've also tried Grand Summoner with spiritmaster and two healers but it didn't work. After the changes form to the flying lizard thingy, he hits way too hard.
I'm fairly sure this would be doable with 3 healers.

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by old.Belorfyn
Some of the things we've managed with our PvE guild group which is one spiritmaster and one healer, no bots, +some potions handy:
- Minisummoner
- Glacier Giant
- Council Hord
- Issorden

Actually, Hord himself took about 7-10 minutes, it was getting to Hord from entrance that took 7 hours :)

We've also tried Grand Summoner with spiritmaster and two healers but it didn't work. After the changes form to the flying lizard thingy, he hits way too hard.
I'm fairly sure this would be doable with 3 healers.

what are minisummoners? (do they drop stones?)

an your saying
- Minisummoner
- Glacier Giant
- Council Hord
- Issorden
can all be taken with just 1healer 1SM ?an ofc some power potions to help

wondering if its possible to do WoW's with 1SM 150shaman and power potions ?

C

Carlos Bananos

with summoning SM + Pachealer i can solo wows/issodorn np running both clients on 1 comp :p

tbh, the hardest part is actually finding a mob thats not already camped by 11000000 other Sum SMs ;P

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
with summoning SM + Pachealer i can solo wows/issodorn np running both clients on 1 comp :p

tbh, the hardest part is actually finding a mob thats not already camped by 11000000 other Sum SMs ;P

now that's what i wanted to hear thanks :D

A

-ag-bometal

Originally posted by -chancer-
gifv mob names, i presume a sm couldnt take the GG down for example .......maybe the Doden's Thane altho he hits damn hard

Soloed the thane with a 50 bb

Nah :p

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by -chancer-

dude, you can FS mobs up to.. say lvl80 or smth. just make sure u got mcl2/rp and shitloads of pots + mana regen

and 1 pac healer and 1 mend healer should be enuf together with a bb

R

Rulke-RM

GG is surprisingly easy with FDS.
Most TG mobs arent to tricky, all the councils except Vagn (hes immune to FDS) are simple and agmundr isnt too bad. Steer clear of Kvasir though, nasty bugger :/

You can take grand summoner if you have a few healers and lots of mana pots, as it takes a while and he likes to occasionally 1 hit the pet. Mini-summoners are pointless though as they don't drop stones or the nice cloak.

O

old.Belorfyn

Minisummoners are the three, well minisummoners in Summoner's Hall, one for each realm. They all have unique abilities and it's pretty tricky to take down one of those, requires trial and error method :)
We got wiped out two times before we managed to take out one, but since it seemed possible, we kept going back there :)
And they have change to drop RA respec stones. We've got one from minisummoner so far and killed one four times I think.

I think WoWs are pretty easy, we have those yet to try.

G

Glorebard

We've done Grand Summoner a couple of times in Clan Chaos. No problems at all as long as you bring pots and lots of them and are ready to heal almost constantly for a couple of hours :D

E

eynar

GG easy? We've tried it a couple of times, and every time the sm got thrown away by the GG, so the focus shield was broken, and then he turned on the seers...

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by eynar
GG easy? We've tried it a couple of times, and every time the sm got thrown away by the GG, so the focus shield was broken, and then he turned on the seers...

I think I know what he meant by "surprisingly easy" :)
I would had expected him to be really really hard, but we could do it so that was surprise :)
We got thrown too on one go, but it doesn't happen every time.

Edit: But no, I wouldn't call him easy. But easier than one might think, yes :)

R

Rulke-RM

As graknak said, put the pet on passive and he wont get thrown, after that the GG hits like a sissy and 1 pac healer is more than enough to heal.

You also need to have the pet in passive so he doesn't parry, and to get off MCL :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom