So what have I missed?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Not played any PC games really since HL2 and CS.
Been a PS3 couch potato for years. ED has given me the impetus to build a fairly reasonable new PC though.
On PS3 I've been pretty much hooked on the Battlefield series, though not so much the latest. I've got a thing similar to labyrinthitis that means sometimes I can get travel sickness in fps games. Some games I'm OK for a while others 5 minutes sees me going outside for some fresh air. I think its a head bob thing though I'm not sure. I'm fine with ED and FSX as nothing is moving fast.
Any suggestions for other titles I should try. I do like "flighty" games :)
I'll not be getting a PS4 anytime soon. Its never used anymore, don't own any media discs, smart TV plays media files so the console is a waste of space.

PS. going to download the latest CS games and give them a go.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You will find a lot of the properly ported games come with FOV sliders that help with travel sickness. Its something I suffer from in some FPS games too. Something to check before you pick a game.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I only started playing PC games again recently (August last year) and I've been enjoying CS:GO immensely. Also have ED but not a fan of flighty games so I can't recommend much more.

I'd say Tomb Raider as it was surprisingly really excellent fun... A complete reworking of the concept. It just works really well. Can usually be picked up for a song on Steam now. In a similar vain, the new Batman series is quite awesome (with the exception of Origins which is just good).

Then there's Skyrim.. I've lost too many hours and I don't regret any of them.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd add state of decay(zombie smashy 3rd person) to that list too. Honestly if you look at the "gaming backlog" thread you'll find mroe then enough to keep you occupied, especailyl considering we haven't done those all yet either :D

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Thanks for all the suggestions, plenty to go at there. These steam sales do they happen often?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most holiday seasons but they also have the odd weekend sales on particular publishers games.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Thanks for all the suggestions, plenty to go at there. These steam sales do they happen often?

December/July for the big ones and stuff like easter/halloween as well.

Grab http://www.enhancedsteam.com/ ( browser addon ), and then browse www.steampowered.com ( click the links I posted tbh ), and the browser plugin will show you the current price, and the historical lowest price - so you have an idea of it it's a good buy, or where to buy it that's similar price to its sale pricing.

For eg, Bastion is £10.99 on steam atm, but on sale on some rando site for £2.87
Lowest price was £1.99 on steam 7 months ago ( summer sale ), and it was on sale last week on gog for £3.99

leggy

Probably Scottish
December/July for the big ones and stuff like easter/halloween as well.

Grab http://www.enhancedsteam.com/ ( browser addon ), and then browse www.steampowered.com ( click the links I posted tbh ), and the browser plugin will show you the current price, and the historical lowest price - so you have an idea of it it's a good buy, or where to buy it that's similar price to its sale pricing.

For eg, Bastion is £10.99 on steam atm, but on sale on some rando site for £2.87
Lowest price was £1.99 on steam 7 months ago ( summer sale ), and it was on sale last week on gog for £3.99

That, my friend, is amazing. *downloads*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom