So what games are people looking out for?

As topic is, I was curious on to what diffrent games people are currently waiting for or looking out for ( Alphas, Betas, open betas etc ).

I was quiet excited by Warhammer, but the more info I simm through the more thoughtful I become.

I also found this Funcomm game, ( makers behind Anarchy Online amongst other games ) Ages of Conan ( www.agesofconan.com ). This game seems to be quiet intersting, realistic, mature and clean and dark :)

Anyone else who looked into this game ? In my opinion it seems to be a more grown version of DAoC wich I find Warhammer ( at this stage ) not to be :( .

So bascially what games/projects are you ppl looking forward to/have followed ? What are you views of the games etc?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
I was looking at Dark and Light before the "prequel" (spelling? oO ) came out end of last year, but one look at that made me scrap the whole sheebang...
I'm keeping an eye on Darkfall every now and then. But it never seems to even get near Beta so dunno really... :|

P

Pretarded

yeah, i sure hope Darkfall will come out before i ding 30 y.o :S
10 years to go >.<

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Warhammer by a long shot, atm it looks a nice from what ingame stuff ive seen (a bit WoWish but alot better) and if they stick to what they have promised the game will offer, it will be a great game.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Fefner said:
Warhammer by a long shot, atm it looks a nice from what ingame stuff ive seen (a bit WoWish but alot better) and if they stick to what they have promised the game will offer, it will be a great game.

will you enjoy it playing against ppl on an xbox360?

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
rampant said:
will you enjoy it playing against ppl on an xbox360?
they should just make it as complex as daoc, so its just gimped playing xbox. Or as a friend said, make it so you can only play it on xbox with keyboard and mouse

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
warhammer sadly looks a lot like WOW but ill still be trying it 100%

but before then ill be playing age of conan and i think ill even try pirates of the burning sea! YARR

naic

Loyal Freddie
Definately Age of Conan here. WAR looks less and less interresting by the day...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Think im gonna play guild wars again, purely for the fact I cant afford subs for anything else :)

DAoC has had Its day with me, only thing that I come back for is Talsars dragon raids.

Before it was an achievment to get rr5 and ml10 and fully toaed, usually took a lot of effort. That got screwed over with the patch making toa easymode

grizzy

Loyal Freddie
Warhammer for everyday MMO
Unreal Tournament 2007 fro slaughter when im pissed
Quake Wars: Enemy Territory will 100 % be the best teamplay game and will stay that way for a very long time

Also, Heavy Rain and Assasin's Creed on PS3 has raised my eyebrows alot :eek:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
I also found this Funcomm game, ( makers behind Anarchy Online amongst other games ) Ages of Conan ( www.agesofconan.com ). This game seems to be quiet intersting, realistic, mature and clean and dark :)

this is the game i'm looking at to. mainly because of the combat system. theres no pre set styles afaik, u acually invent your own styles using diffrent click and drag moves with your mouse (if i remember correctly)

sure beats smashing that anytime style on the QB..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Pretarded said:
wow, people whine that TOA is easymode now ~~

its only easymode if u have a buffbot ;)

wich i dont have so i'm still playing it hardcore! :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
gona try out open beta on cabal online in 10 days, other than that, will give warhammer a go ofc. Really really bored with DAoC now sadly :/

www.cabalonline.com for those who wonder, it looks v consoleish but who knows, might be fun with a diff game for a while.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
From a non MMORPG perspective I'm eagerly waiting Medieval2:Total War! I cant wait to play as the Scots :worthy:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik said:
this is the game i'm looking at to. mainly because of the combat system. theres no pre set styles afaik, u acually invent your own styles using diffrent click and drag moves with your mouse (if i remember correctly)

sure beats smashing that anytime style on the QB..
Wrong wrong, you use the numpad to define the direction of your attack. Which are still pre-set styles but gives different animations for different combinations etc. Timing plays a role aswell

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
LordjOX said:
Wrong wrong, you use the numpad to define the direction of your attack. Which are still pre-set styles but gives different animations for different combinations etc. Timing plays a role aswell

oh, all of the sudden that game sounds alot less appealing now, thanks! :(

:twak:

:fluffle:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I'm waiting for Lord of the Rings Online...Watched some movies, looks very daoc-ish :)

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Huxley mainly :] Big fps fan, loved planetside for the first few months.

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
Jeremiah said:
From a non MMORPG perspective I'm eagerly waiting Medieval2:Total War! I cant wait to play as the Scots :worthy:
same also waiting for W.A.R.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Atm just Gears Of War. Something that will give the old GFX card a work out.

Pretty much steering away from any MMORPGs until Warhammer Online, they just soak up to much time.

I am interested in the new DAOC addon. Intrigued by the concept of an Frontiers based Add On, which still has work for people who don't buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom