So what do you think!

N

)nick(

Online game developers are the drug dealers of the internet, and we are the hopeless addicts. Most of us would sell our left arm for the perfect game, as long as it could be played using only the right.

Discuss!

PS. Spare me the 'Only someone from holland could come up with that analogy'!

P

painman

'Only someone from holland could come up with that analogy'

but seriously. since i startet playing theese games i have been waching less tv. u really can watch alot of bs on tv when u bored--> i dont any more.

i dont see "us" as addicts.. u can meet new people have a laugh and kill stuff. its good fun

and aslong as u remember to go out and drink EVERY weekend, then i see no prob.

"all peeps are addictet to something"

F

frogster

/em beats Nick to death with his one remaining arm

X

Xeanor

Game addiction are a tad different imo... at least that's what I think, because I could easily do without them oO But if you got the option of watching tv or any other way to waste time then games are the best way of wasting time :p Tho once you start playing you keep playing until you really have to stop to eat/sleep/whatever. :p While a smoker goes totally nuts I think :p

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Xeanor
Game addiction are a tad different imo... at least that's what I think, because I could easily do without them oO But if you got the option of watching tv or any other way to waste time then games are the best way of wasting time :p Tho once you start playing you keep playing until you really have to stop to eat/sleep/whatever. :p While a smoker goes totally nuts I think :p

agree here actually, I´ve never had a problem not beeing around a computer/game, but IF it´s available and there´s nothing else to do I might as well use it :)

Z

Ziva

Nice statement hehe. I don't think it's addictive as long as you can keep balance, meaning... if you play too much and leave other things that need to be done because of it... i think the word addiction comes into mind. But that goes for all things.

However looking at it like that i'm not only addicted to smoking but also to sleeping, eating, working :D

And like said by many others, somehow some people call people who like gaming for a long period of time geeks/nerds/addicts or whatever while the same people watch tv for hours and hours or read books. Can't see why that would be so much better then gaming :)

J

Jonaldo

I don't think it's addictive, more to the point have you got anything better to do? When I was bored of DAoC I had no trouble quitting and doing other things whilst waiting for a better and more interesting mmorpg to come out.

O

old.Dillinja

The difference is that computer games can only harm idiots.

Drugs can harm anyone.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by painman
yeah right u think :p

Hmmm someone who's really addicted to smoking goes crazy without tbh :)

Computer games is not really something you can get so addicted to like smoking/drugs/acohol, it's different in some way. :p

Oh, and only someone from Holland can come up with this analogy! :p

C

Cush

Originally posted by Addlcove
agree here actually, I´ve never had a problem not beeing around a computer/game, but IF it´s available and there´s nothing else to do I might as well use it :)

And all the smoker and drug addicts can quite when ever they feel like aswell. They just dont feel like it ^^

P

painman

yeah

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Cush
And all the smoker and drug addicts can quite when ever they feel like aswell. They just dont feel like it ^^

unlikely as drugs gives you a physical/mental addiction.

if I didn´t have a computer I wouldn´t miss it, I´d find something else to do (had a period of 3 months a while back where computer was not working, spend those 3 months without a computer at all, well almost, checked my mail once a week at a mate so I did get a 10 minute fix :p)

C

Cyradix

Went on a holiday for 4 weeks. Never missed the pc. When I came back I even had problems moving the mouse. Like a complete noob :D

O

old.Tohtori

Why are you wasting valuable gametime with posting stuff. Go back to the game and make us money you lovely ...no wait...monthly subs...post along.

C

Cush

unlikely as drugs gives you a physical/mental addiction.

if I didn´t have a computer I wouldn´t miss it, I´d find something else to do (had a period of 3 months a while back where computer was not working, spend those 3 months without a computer at all, well almost, checked my mail once a week at a mate so I did get a 10 minute fix :p)

Well. You maybe aint addicted. But there is for sure people out there that will have problems without having access to a computor. Silly as it might sound im quite sure thats the reality we live in these days. Games dont give you an physical/mental addiction it prolly go under a different class. Sure it dosent happen to many but still think the number is way higher then we would think. Just ask people here how many times they been asked by friend to come by and go out or something only to say "naa.. i got somethings ive got to do" only to stay at home playing, or calling in sick to work only to be able to play.

P

painman

Originally posted by Cush
Well. You maybe aint addicted. But there is for sure people out there that will have problems without having access to a computor. Silly as it might sound im quite sure thats the reality we live in these days. Games dont give you an physical/mental addiction it prolly go under a different class. Sure it dosent happen to many but still think the number is way higher then we would think. Just ask people here how many times they been asked by friend to come by and go out or something only to say "naa.. i got somethings ive got to do" only to stay at home playing, or calling in sick to work only to be able to play.

tbh. i think its far worse to be addictet to chatting with other peeps.. thats so fubar.. so people play this game couse they have a few hours everyday to spend on it. and they like it..
i dont see the big deal here..
so some people get addictet to it.. so what, better for them to get addictet to this then something ells..
aslong as u dont loose touch of RL who cares..
u have to consider what u are actually doing when u play! ur not just playing m8's! ur building cumminty, chatting, helping others, killing others, and learning new stuff. :) and u are doing it with real life people... not just some stupid single player low budget computer game where the only thing to look forward to is the end.. the end btw :p

C

Cush

Did i say it was good or bad?

Tought i just said it was.

B

Brynn

Yea - but my wife doesn't :p

this is just a joke before i get flamed for cheating

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by vestax
Whats wrong with drugs? :(

well I think we both know how bad your spelling got when you used to play stoned ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom