So what do you do when you hit lvl 50?

H

heilel

My main character (Excal/Albion) is very close to hitting lvl 50.
I have been playing mostly PvE, about 70% of the time.

So I'm wondering what people do in DAOC at this point.

There are a few things I can do for a bit.
Like finish my epic quest, I've done up until the lvl 38ish quest I think, so I don't expect it to take too long.

Other things I can think of is:

Concentrating on RvR? But I never really enjoyed that huge amounts, maybe that'll change when I hit lvl 50.
But then I get to increase my RAs, which will be cool I guess.

Crafting? But that's pretty boring.

Going on Dragon hunts, Sidi raids for better magic items?
Yeah, that'll be fun, until I get the ideal items for my class, unfortunately, I nearly have all items that are very suited for my character, but you never know.

There's housing I guess, but that just means staying in AC cash farming and I'm not sure I can be bothered to do that just for GPs.

There IS of course the new expasion coming out, but that's ages away.

I'm a little concerned I'm just gonna think, well, that's it, time to play another MMORPG.
What to YOU do with your lvl 50 chars?

F

fl3a

since i dinged 50 with my shaman i have had less time to do RvR than i had before - most of the time i am helping my guildies, trying to get the items for my SC set (damn you invaders who kill me when i am farming BoI!!) and farming money for my SC set. after i get my SC set though i am going to RvR a lot more.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Farm cash as much as poss, crafting when I can, RvR a little, then roll sommit else for a change of pace and to have a little choice and experience.

F

Flimgoblin

since I find the emain race-track pretty boring... what do I do with my level 50?

Theres a little RvR... I sometimes need to remind myself ;) or if the frontier needs defending - that's good fun.

Helping guildmates level up their chars (or alts), levelling alts of course (still only got the one 50 ;)) but that's not really playing with my level 50..

but probably mostly Guild Hunts - invading Sidi/Krondon/Avalon wherever is great fun :)

H

heilel

Well, Guild hunts sound like fun and yeah, helping out guildies sounds good too..

Hmm, maybe I'll just be more active in guild stuff then.
ATM, I don't really do much with the guild activities, as I've been working on getting to lvl 50.
A while back I went on a Multi guild dragon hunt and died so many times I lost about 3 bulbs of XP, so I vowed noit to do that again until I would reach lvl 50.

S

svartmetall

High-lvl SI dungeon hunts are great fun - I like to explore the lesser-known bits of Midgard and just stop and smell the flowers, you know? Also farming cash (50s can farm awesome amounts of cash :) ) and helping guildies/friends do their Epics and THEIR hunts...it's great fun, trust me.

E

Ekydus

Go exploring! :D

I finally started looking around Caldey yesterday and if you go with a freind and you're all alone you really can feel an atmosphere. It is so quiet there and it's really interesting to explore again. Capturing that feeling you had when you first started the game pretty much. :)

E

etaew

take someone with spd :) then u can see everywhere fast

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Ekydus
Go exploring! :D

I finally started looking around Caldey yesterday and if you go with a friend and you're all alone you really can feel an atmosphere. It is so quiet there and it's really interesting to explore again. Capturing that feeling you had when you first started the game pretty much. :)

...what he said, he put it better than me.

Oh and also a lot of fun is to do as many low-lvl quests as you can, to equip your low-lvl alts with uber gear free of charge :), also give them to guildies/passing strangers. Philanthropy can be fun.

K

kinag

Go RvR for a bit and after you have gotten bored of the zergs etc. you just lvl a new char

K

kain_pravus

TBH I stopped playing :-( but I'll be back when the /level thingy is in game... get a head start on my mend healer :)

RvR's a tad dull

E

Easy

Originally posted by heilel
My main character (Excal/Albion) is very close to hitting lvl 50.
I'm wondering what people do in DAOC at this point.
Plan your retirement ;)

A

acei

Quests
Krondon/Sidi/Dragon raids
Crafting
Farm cash
Get a fully SCed set of armour/weapons/shield
RvR (Including Emain zerging, keep takes, relic raids)
Role a alt

T

tripitaka

I've been here since release ... What's Level 50 ? ;)

Highest ive ever had is 45... :(

B

Brevis

First few weeks after I dinged 50 I went exploring. All the little places you have never really seen, visit the low lvl dungeons just for fun, saving the occasional low lvl from an exp death, stuff like that ;)
Still havent had the time to explore all of the new SI zones but have been around in most of them.
RvR and guild hunts is also great fun. And when I dinged 50 it was like everything slowed down, now I have time to smell the roses and just do whatever I feel like without feeling the exp treadmill bore :)

N

Nairyk

Originally posted by tripitaka
I've been here since release ... What's Level 50 ? ;)

Highest ive ever had is 45... :(

lol :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom