So we all tested our new minstrel specs..

H

hotrat

What do we think?

I tested 50 thrust, 43 inst, also dodger 5, will try with dodger 2 tonight.

I do around 80 dmg no style (or tranquilize), 150 dmg with Wyvernfang and 170 dmg with Dragonfang.
I really own in duels if i evade, and the 3rd best dd is fine cus i do so much more dmg with sword.

How did other ppl get on?

50 slash?
44 slash?
44 thrust?
50 instruments?

O

old.LandShark

anyone even try the AEmezz? lol
The camelot.exe in my copied Daoc folder just WON'T run, so i haven't been able to get on gorre yet.
From the infiltrator and merc i've tried, diamond slash does about 30dmg more than amethyst. Seeeems to get parried more than ameth? And uses higher end. I think slash's ideal template would be more like 44/44/21 than 50/43...
On the other hand, diamond = converts end into damage more quickly, which you could argue is a very good thing for a minstrel.

K

Khalen

Demezz is funny :) and the ae mezz is funny as hell, mincer does a /vic with that spell and see a green pbaoe wave around him, rofl I can't wait till enemies see all mincers go /vic with the ae mezz ;)

P

Purefun

50thrust 43instr worked fine for me with dodger2 only, even if I did not evade I would have a chance to win. Most problems arise when fighting left axe / celtic dual users :)
The aemez worked nice when I had to run from some hibs, but probably because they never saw the castanimation and expected me to get out a flute.

S

-Steph-

I tried 44 slash 45 ins 19 stealth. Good to do some damage compared to the crappie damage i did with 35 thrust. Even tho my weapon was not the best. I like the slash styles.

I think the last ae mezz is worth it too cos i use mezz mostly from stealth, casting time wont be too big of a problem then.(Annimation is very gay tho :) )

Specced my ra's pure passive and it was great! Shame cant use it on the normal server cos i'll miss sos, ip and mcl. I could even beat skalds with this spec.

Stealth was really crap so i wont go for 19, that's just too low.

H

hotrat

Seems to me there is 2 options

50 weapon and 43 inst, this basically makes us skalds, we are like light tanks who provide speed and some cc support. 50 thrust means if we do evade in any one on one we are much more likely to win. 50 slash is more reliable but i heard diamond slash is not a great deal better than amethyst. This minstrel would spec for IP, some mastery of blocking, dodger, maybe avoid pain.

Other option is more of a support minstrel, i was thinking 29 slash, 45 inst and rest stealth (about 38). In any battle we would try and stay out of melee and rely on our mezz//stun and dd's. The high stealth would allow us to quickly move into position without being noticed, assasins are probably more interested in our casters. 29 slash gives us ok melee if we need it, and 45 inst for the last ae mezz of course. RA's would be mcl, aug acuity, SoS, possibly even raging power. Very important to cap charisma as well.

I love the sound of both and wish i could switch between them on a daily basis.

D

Danya

I wouldn't want a minstrel with 29 weapon spec at 50. I have 39 atm and damage isn't exactly great.

O

old.Anarki

38 stealth is a waste i got 30 now and almost NEVER been noticed 30+10 i mean. And also i didnt like my 44 thrust 19 stl 45 inst spec, cause 1)Tranquilize - wyvrenfang combo does not THAT good damage. Its only good if u go for 50 thrust cause it has high chanse to defence. And 19 Stl is also a waste, cause u move VERY slow in it and being detected from a large distance
I'll make 45 instr 28 stealth, 39 thrust to be good in grps and still do good in mele

D

Danya

I'm 44 ins, 39 thrust, 29 stealth atm... do yourself a favour, go slash. Thrust is utterly crap for styles unless you have 50. Personally I'm doing 44/44/21, not like I use stealth for more than making mages detarget anyway. :p

H

hotrat

Indeed high stealth is relatively pointless but from testing it seems that 10 more points in weapon will only buy you about 15 more dmg per swing.

Also i fear that 21 stealth will only be slightly more useful than 4 stealth.
If anything is even remotely close to you it will say enemy too close to hide, and i dont think 21 is high enough even to evade non assasins.

For me im 90% sure it will be 30 or more stealth, or none at all :)

Anyone else confirm only a minor dmg increase when increasing weapon from 3x spec to 4x spec?

A

Alpha Male

some ideas

Ive been ill all night so head not screwed on straight yet, but here are some figures i got from testing..increasing weapon skill - works out to be approx 3-4 damage per level gained in skill +any extra style bonuses you may get from the new styles.

Of course it was hard to test this, but i did it with a 100 quality legion sword on blue conn mobs which i charmed to make sure they were all same level first =)

Stealth under 30 is totally useless, you need to choose either 35+ or dont bother at all - main reason for this is that you will always be too close to an enemy to hide with any less than 30 - and unless you intend to load yourself up with +stealth items you are seen too easy by passing traffic.

So you are left with 2 basic options : high melee (if your gonna raise it take it too the top otherwise you wont really benefit) with 43 instruments (unless you auto trained inst) OR 3x+ stealth 3x+Melee and 44 or 45 instruments.

Of course you can go any spec you like..=)

Oh and to add, if your gonna max weapon skill, Dragon fang Owns Diamond slash in a big way - personally DF would be my only reason to spec to 50 in a weapon skill.

H

hotrat

Glad me and Alpha are pretty much agreed on the stealth thing :)

3-4 dmg per point is better than i thought, but that is on blue con mob which you are hitting for a higher percentage than you would be to a yellow invader.
Example 150 dmg going to 154 dmg is like 75 dmg going to 77 dmg, same percentage increase.

Also like to point out the 45 inst//29 slash rest stealth build would really try to avoid melee against anything except mages//stealthers and would mostly rely on their shouts for good damage, hence getting mcl, aug acuity and perhaps even raging power. Trouble is of course everyone has high body resist, but not long till everyone has high slash//thrust resist as well (spellcrafting).
Of course you still do nice melee damage if your buffed, and their should be at least one cleric in your group.

O

old.BJ|Bored

dont really see the big increase in having slash up high when using amethysts tbh, but atm i hardly ever use stealth apart from to check if theres an assasin there so am fine with 45 inst 29 stealth rest (38?) slash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom