So, this flight shit.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thankyou

One thing i have learned in life, dont make assumptions on somthing you know nothing about.

Many individuals associated with the air-travel industry are perturbed by what they perceive to be a one-dimensional overreaction. Ulrich Schulte-Strathaus, secretary-general of the Association of European Airlines, observed that ‘verification flights undertaken by several of our airlines have revealed no irregularities at all’. He believes that ‘this confirms our requirement that other options should be deployed to determine genuine risk’. Giovanni Bisignani, director-general of the International Air Transport Association, describes the ban as a ‘European embarrassment’ and a ‘European mess’.

Everz

FH is my second home
Good couple of flights from North America and Canada are inbound to Heathrow, good news :).

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
My mate has been stuck in LA and BA were paying for food and hotel at LAX, but he is so bored that they have hired a car and drove 4hrs across the desert to Vegas and booked into the Vdara hotel. He is loving it, he has a flight booked back to the UK on the 27th, so he has a week in Vegas

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have been watching French tv for 4 days, they think we've over reacted too. Why on earth did we close all southern airports when the ash had only reached the Orkneys?

Everz

FH is my second home
Yup, just heard and told the missus, happy days :).

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
There's a whole world of difference between flying right through the plume as all the aircraft did with failed engines and flying 1500 miles away through air so thin with ash it's like throwing a teaspoon of talcum powder at the plane.

The Americans are laughing at us, they have loads of volcano plumes and only shutdown in the immediate vicinity.

You seem to have caught quite a bit flak for writing this. Your also totally correct. Take it from something who has been working for over 20 years in Aviation. What the EU did was total overkill. They know it and all the airlines know it. The exclusion zone was far too big and the reason airlines sent up test flights was to prove that point to the authorities.

Had meetings with three airlines this week and the subject comes up in coffee breaks quite a bit, the sum of money lost because of this is massive. Bigger than 911!

If the airlines can prove the EU exclusion zone was inappropriate they could open the doors for legal action and compensation. The test results from flights by BA, AF, KLM and DLH all proved the point.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Lmao at Gordon Brown

"This solution has been reached as a result of the close working between the government, the Civil Aviation Authority, airlines and the manufacturers"

I think the airlines will be sayin "Close working!? GO fuck yourself gordon brown. Only close work was you ignoring us till you knew you would be fucked after we ignored the restrictions and went for our own flying tests to prove you were being complete over-reacting twats"

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Lmao at Gordon Brown

"This solution has been reached as a result of the close working between the government, the Civil Aviation Authority, airlines and the manufacturers"

I think the airlines will be sayin "Close working!? GO fuck yourself gordon brown. Only close work was you ignoring us till you knew you would be fucked after we ignored the restrictions and went for our own flying tests to prove you were being complete over-reacting twats"

They were being safe, ITS NOT WORTH THE RISK.

Corran

Part of the furniture

Wtf you on about. Im talking about Browns comments, not what happened. So Brown was being safe with his comments and it wasnt worth the risk of him telling the truth? :p

Gordon Brown came out with an absolutely rediculous comment that I dont think a single airline would agree on.

Infact they constantly been complaining that the governments have not been paying any attention to them, or their data etc. So how can Brown state he been working with them?

But if writing in capitals and totally ignoring what the post actually says makes you feel better then please keep it up.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The story deepens, it seems the Government are saying they have been asking the aviation industry for years to give them an ash level that is safe to fly in and they wouldn't commit for fear of being blamed if anything went wrong.

The whole thing is a symptom of blame culture, fed and watered by the 'first against the wall when the revoultion comes'

Fuckin lawyers!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yo momma so fat, when she was cremated all flights in europe got cancelled!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

4 European airlines put up test flights at varying altitudes to prove the risk was being overly exagerated. The BA chairman embarrassed the Government by flying on one himself. Then Brown has the audacity to say they've been working closely with the airlines. Nothing but a bare faced lie!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
4 European airlines put up test flights at varying altitudes to prove the risk was being overly exagerated. The BA chairman embarrassed the Government by flying on one himself. Then Brown has the audacity to say they've been working closely with the airlines. Nothing but a bare faced lie!
4 Airlines who is loosing cash, thats just like when the tobaccoo companies said, no tobaccoo is not unhealthy, smokes dont cause cancer.

Did they take their aircrafts into the ash clouds? Sure some routes would be absolutley fine to fly some would be dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom