Games So Spellborn who's gonna try it?

Aada

Part of the furniture
What makes it different to other MMORPGS out there?

Might give it a try if it has something different.

Syri

FH is my second home
I was thinking of trying it. Then I found that the UK is no longer part of europe, to them at least, so we need to wait for the US release. Apparently they'll be using an ip block according to some, to prevent anyone playing in the "wrong" territory... unless that's changed in the last 3 days.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Just looks like every other fantasy mmo out there with a few different fluffy bits.

Theres a few nice touches, but the targetting system looks a bit dodgy. The skill deck idea looks nice, but tbh it's nothing much more than an automated scrolling QB.

While it looks kinda nice, i can't really get excited about a game that doesn't seem to have anything new to offer.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just looks like every other fantasy mmo out there with a few different fluffy bits.

Theres a few nice touches, but the targetting system looks a bit dodgy. The skill deck idea looks nice, but tbh it's nothing much more than an automated scrolling QB.

While it looks kinda nice, i can't really get excited about a game that doesn't seem to have anything new to offer.

I agree it really is a struggle these days with MMOs to actually find the effort to download, install, play it and then realise it's exactly the same as any other except it is new and has a ton of bugs/content gaps that just don't seem worth the hassle for sticking around these days.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Cant even look at the webbie, to many mysquel errors.

Syri

FH is my second home
just a quick update on this.
It is possible for anyone outside of the "released" countries to get the free version of spellborn at least by using a web proxy. I'm told once you have the client and have created an account, you don't need a proxy to actually play it, I'll update on this once I have the download completed. I don't know if this will work to play the retail version, however, as I don't know if they'll be blocking credit/debit cards registered in non-serviced countries, and this is one thing I can't try myself, as I lack a supported card to attempt a purchase or subscription.

The other option to those unable to get the "released" version, is to wait for Acclaim to release in their territories. They were supposed to go into beta at the same time the game launched in parts of Europe, which was the 5th of December.
Acclaim's beta is yet to start however, with no reason why other than a post on the 2nd of December saying that they hadn't yet recieved the game code. There's been nothing new since, and no further details on what they're waiting for, why they've been kept waiting or anything.
Acclaim's website is VERY unprofessional. It consists of a gigantic jpeg image, with all of their "news" written in the picture. There's even hyperlinks in the picture, that don't work, cause it's a picture! They have a phpbb forum, which is getting a lot of posts asking what's going on, and all they're saying is "we're not witholding any information" when they've given none. So either the company itself doesn't know what it's doing, or they're doing a bad job keeping people informed.

Anyway, that's the options as it stands now, I'll post any updates from either side in here, in case anyone else wants to follow this.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's all a bit dodgy at the moment, but a lot of pre-release games websites are often buggy and unfinished, especially the beta set-ups.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
played to lvl 10 then i gave up :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

what new MMO's really DO have something new to offer nowadays? i cant think of a single one thats been released in the last 7 years that doesent feel like "been there done that".

sure, every now and then u find the odd twist to something but at the core its still the same old same old...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
what new MMO's really DO have something new to offer nowadays? i cant think of a single one thats been released in the last 7 years that doesent feel like "been there done that".

sure, every now and then u find the odd twist to something but at the core its still the same old same old...

EvE and Planetside spring to mind, but for the fantasy rpg type mmo's, no, nothing really groundbreaking for many years.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well anyway, downloaded it and installed it today but i cant get the stupid thing to work :/ keep getting "sb_client.exe has stopped working"

tried every compatibility mode vista has but no go :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Horizons maybe?

atleast they had playable dragons ;)

I gotta say i really enjoyed Horizons it had the best crafting system ever in any game.

I loved the community building aspect of it and finally becoming an Adult Dragon and taking to the skys is always something i will remember.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i never got past the subscription page for that game lol... for some reason it wouldn't accept anything i wrote down.

still have the box somewhere, might give it another try someday when i'm really really bored and cant find something else to play.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
right, managed to get it to run some weeks ago, and the first thing that struck men were that its EMPTY, i was playing that game for a good 9 hours and didnt see a single other player, even on screen or on the chat. hell i'm not even sure there is a zone chat in this game.

so suffice to say its now uninstalled :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom