So sad...

S

syri

The other day i went to caer diogel, to try and get a suit of armour for a guildmate, who's levelling a paladin. i put a call out on broad asking for a suit of af80, min qual 96%, and i was shocked to hear that some people would not do this craft as they would only craft af102 suits for people who want to rvr!
alb is getting far too eliteist now, and it's really offputting. i've given up on getting a set done for my cleric now, i'll just keep the current set which will be green soon....
Anyone else noticing the same trouble getting crafters to make lower level items?

N

nuitari

Nay mate, got friends that helps me (Yes i have friends!!)

Ask Freewheeling :)- if its chain or up

<hides from wacco>

J

Jiggs

the only way for this is to ask for a random qual suit imo.

dont waste crafters time with '96%' minimum bull

i had no problem getting a level 40 set of chain, just ask nicely and buy all the metal and take random quality.

tbh 94%+ is totally fine for leveling up on..

B

Belsameth

high level crafting takes a LOT of time, so some LGMs have indeed decided to only do level 51 stuff.
the solution for you would be to find a lower level crafter who's able to do AF80, I am sure those crafters are more then gratefull for the other, I know I am when I get an order from within my skill limit as it breaks the tedium of simple skilling a bit :)

B

bahamuts

I would never make a quality order on a lower then af 102.

B

behatch

if your are aged from 20 and bove us mid excal peeps allow u too re reoll on mid

but yeah how lame,also happened to me on alb pryd....probly just albs,nvr happened else where,yet.

N

nuitari

Re: if your are aged from 20 and bove us mid excal peeps allow u too re reoll on mid

Originally posted by behatch
but yeah how lame,also happened to me on alb pryd....probly just albs,nvr happened else where,yet.

Well thats a little harsh dont you think?
its not like albion players are some rare type of breed that are evil and rude :)

M

medowind

Personally to alleviate the boredom of crafting sometimes do theses kind of orders (I’m a tailor though), on either a one try or 99% deal, sure my prises are a bit on the harsh side but then again its because I am having to buy materials I don’t regularly use,

Now I have it easy because I can make all my wares by myself, an armour crafter would need to find a tailor of 900+ skill to buy the linings (af 80+) for the chain/plate and with a stupid figure like 96 probably 3 retries a piece, so that’s 3 full suits of leather/cloth before the crafter can even begin on your items, then the crafting plus any additional retries your looking at a cost of 400g - 500g for the plate set and 400 450 for the chain,

Most people of that level just use drops and df stuff and tend to save up, not to mention i have had low orders where I have lost a rather large amount of money on bg2 orders because of bad luck (then again I have a habit of 1mp per bg1 set, that makes me happy) ;p

So in summery most people don’t do low orders because the time and risk isn’t worth the money, if you just ask for one retry or get the linings for them already your more likely to get a yea sure il do that,

It all goes back to the bogus mathematical theorem (time x effort) / cost = crafting joy

P

Pin

As it's for your cleric, just get your level 50 SC armour now. It won't wear out as you won't be taking a beating.

If it was for a melee character I'd recommend just using drops. The hassle is just not worth bothering with and the difference is negligible for PvE.

O

old.Zeikerd

I think we all should go find things we dont like in the game and blame them on the eliteist players in the game!

S

sugah

I'm an LGM AC and will only do work for the guild at the moment. This isn't because i don't like or want to do orders for lower levels out of guilds its just simply because finding a willing tailor to help with making the base pieces is almost impossible. I'm skilling up a tailor at the moment so hopefully soon i'll be able to offer both tailoring and AC. Like was said before its often easier to find or use drops.

P

parlain

I'll open an offer; anyone who brings me ALL the materials I need to make armour sub 102AF such that all I have to do is click on the icon to make it then I'll combine it for free.

Thus you too will see how much effort it takes to make your request; can't say fairer than free use of my skills-all you have to do is find the recipe, soruce the materials, get a tailor to make the linings and repeat until the quality you want comes out...

Anything else and I only do sub 102AF for friends and guildies because I have limited time.

G

glorien_

Still looking for AF102 99% chain hands :( went to diogel and nobody had any / wouldnt make me any.

I talked to someone who only made MPs i didnt get mad as its his choice what he crafts - if he spends all that time getting LGM then its his choice. Im only buying off him as i cant be arsed to go into a craft myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom