So... Resident Evil 5

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Now the demo is out on both systems, who tried it? Does anyone actually like it?

I think the gameplay is pretty fucking awful :|

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i was gonna pre order not so sure

cumbersome controls at best. how the fuck could they not have looked at mgs,gear of war and unchartred and not mproved the controls. also in the midst of gang fuck wepon switching is pants, menu pops up select item and select if yer wana equip or not. same for ammo

even the crap that was army of two looks golden compared to what i just played

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeh - given the number of enemies and close quarters the controls were awful. Looked great tho.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully they'll listen to criticism and change the controls/cameras, just like they did with alone in the dark via the patch on 360 and prebuilt in on ps3.

I dunno if i was doing something wrong but it was rather bizarre that you can only shoot by aiming first and simply hitting right trigger without aiming spun you around 180, pretty much the last thing you wanna do when just about to shoot somebody.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
It was a pretty poor demo, glad it isn't just me that thinks it. Last Res game I properly sat down and played start to finish was Res 2, haven't really liked any since, though I did like some of the ideas in 4 but the controls in 5 are terrible, just makes the game unplayable.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah the controls and response of the characters annoyed the crap out of me. Anyone could aim and shoot faster than these so called 'agents' or whatever the fuck they are. I can maybe understand that they've done it to heighten the tension but there are a million and one better ways to do it.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah the controls and response of the characters annoyed the crap out of me. Anyone could aim and shoot faster than these so called 'agents' or whatever the fuck they are. I can maybe understand that they've done it to heighten the tension but there are a million and one better ways to do it.

That's the problem -- I never felt tension, just frustration. It feels like an action game and it should control like one.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
They should have copied the control scheme from dead space.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
theres a number of games they could of taken a look at for controls. even very short but fun kill switch had decent 3rd pleb conrols. not bad for a game from 2003

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom