So much has changed!

Mendark

Fledgling Freddie
Hey hey guys, been 1,5 prolly 2 years since i last played and serisouly SO much has changed. Still these forums are still active, thats something :)

Saw the new server, asked a bit and was told it's a non-toa server. Any links to an official site with info on this serv, or someone who could give me info here.

More or less i'd like some hints on what to do once im back in.. had some chars but dunno if i wanna play them on.(friar,merc,wiz,inf). If i decide to roll new char i have to pl again? (on excal anyway) or i could lvl a new char.. either on excal or on the classic serv(guess there its easier to get to 50 since some peeps should be lvling). Aw and what about rvr.. the island makes the whole setting zergy or can u enjoy fg fights (or even better solo-duo fights)

Anyway general info would be great..

:m00: thx :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
basically it's what it says on the tin.

A server with no Trials of atlantis (so you can't get MLs or complain that everyone else has friends and managed to get through the MLs/get artifacts ;)) and ranges on buffs so that buffbots are hidden in nearby towers or dragged along rather than all idling at the PK.

They're making ToA stuff much easier next patch anyway so there's not an awful lot of point in classic server imo. Still, some seem to like it :) check out the glastonbury boards.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Flim is correct about the ranged buffs. but still bare in mind that you cant get buffed outside a grp ( only with Aoe buffs). so buffs are ranged and only for the grp the buffer is in..

atm alot ppl are doing Champion levels on their toons to get a special Weapon and to make themself able to subclass ( get abilites from another class).

there should be some nice and fair FG vs FG fights around in frontiers atm on pryd/excl and Glastonbury.

Solo/duo fights are VERY rare atm, ppl simply add wayy too much compared to 1½ year ago.

so my advice: get your toons templatet ( or wait untill they nerf toa :D , get the CL's done, and get some regular rvr grp ( unless you wanna get zerged as solo/Duo for hours)..

GL and WB ;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
basically it's what it says on the tin.

A server with no Trials of atlantis (so you can't get MLs or complain that everyone else has friends and managed to get through the MLs/get artifacts ;)) and ranges on buffs so that buffbots are hidden in nearby towers or dragged along rather than all idling at the PK.

They're making ToA stuff much easier next patch anyway so there's not an awful lot of point in classic server imo. Still, some seem to like it :) check out the glastonbury boards.

Such a biased view on classic servers lol xD

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bugz said:
Such a biased view on classic servers lol xD

well if you ask on the cluster boards ;)

solo fights it depends on where you go and whether people have ports to other realms or not. varies from night to night - it's not really much different to 1.5 years ago really since getting a solo fight in odins was nigh impossible ;) and getting a solo fight in HW was only possible if you were prepared to wait 3 hours. I'd say there's far more options these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom