so many radarz user accusations

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Last night i was walking around amg odins as a pally and suddenly Random shoot at me and killed me, how could he know i was in front of amg he must have been radar using :D

hehe seriously people stop accusing people of using radar when you aint sure, most os the time its some small things that makes you visible, strafing, they used arti with stealth lore truesight and such, im just so tired of seeing people whine when they get killed and instantly go accusing people of cheating without any proof or anything. So lets just all get along, except for mids dont wanna get along with them :clap:

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
yes m8s i can use radar now cuz if someone says "omg he uses radar" all say "hahaha noop"

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Lubbock said:
Last night i was walking around amg odins as a pally and suddenly Random shoot at me and killed me, how could he know i was in front of amg he must have been radar using :D

hehe seriously people stop accusing people of using radar when you aint sure, most os the time its some small things that makes you visible, strafing, they used arti with stealth lore truesight and such, im just so tired of seeing people whine when they get killed and instantly go accusing people of cheating without any proof or anything. So lets just all get along, except for mids dont wanna get along with them :clap:

In % how many strange "radar" incidents do you really think gets on FH.. before anyone even think of posting on FH i think their minds are allready made up and they got enough incidents for themselves to make that judgment. I just hope when new frontiers is released that these radar users continue running there programs and get instant ban.. no warnings nothing but a "ACCOUNT CLOSED" :flame:

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Morc i dont need proof, just kill me and ill yell radar then it must be true :clap:

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
yes m8s i can use radar now cuz if someone says "omg he uses radar" all say "hahaha noop"

i hope you were sarcastic ;)

but still, you have a point. People seems to be living in some kind of radar denyal.

Everyone knows it exists, but still people dosnt accept that some people uses it and says: get more and better proof!

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
if the numbers here are the same as on the us (or somewhere near it) that must mean then at least some of all the 'whines' must be true...

statistics....

living

Fledgling Freddie
tbh random has killed my 37 sorc xping in uppland loads of times eventho i was in the other end of the zone(past relic keep and all).. im not even in doubt hes using radar and i dont care if ppl belive me. Messing him and running the feck away and not running in a line wouldent even work, he would still pop out of nowhere and POW.. dead sorc :>

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
hehe let me just clarify, i did not accuse random of using Radar, it was to show just how getting owned could turn into a radar whine, so dont turn this into a radar whine thread when its not.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Alot of stuff is simply not knowing the facts. For example this aft:

[17:28] ([Mid]Grivne): that groups timing skills scares me
[17:28] ([Mid]Grivne): they run towards mmg
[17:28] ([Mid]Grivne): i fight a stealther
[17:28] ([Mid]Grivne): they come back

It happened to be my group, just as we leave view of the mg sorc at the back goes 'inc @ amg, saw something' we turn around and find 2 hibs fighting an alb. Kill hibs, run down back into amg just incase and theres a sb fighting a ns. But ofc thats radar :rolleyes:

Im not saying people dont use radar, blatently some do. Not being in possession of all (or even remotly close to all) the facts and then implying they use radar to find you is bs though and alot of people do it (thats not me having a go specifically at Dwera before anyone starts :rolleyes: )

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
This is just another way radar users spoil the game for us. I've seen it in other games, I expect many of us have.

- We can be reasonably sure (from US findings) that a non-trivial number of people are using radar.
- We can be reasonably sure that people using radar will unfairly succeed.
- We therefore become paranoid that anyone who succeeds is using radar.
- This makes it impossible for people to get untainted credit for their success, everyone is suspect.

Personally, I can't see why the radar users do it. Sure, I understand that spoiling the game for the rest of us matters little to them, but they must be spoiling it for themselves to. They take all the fun of "am I gonna get jumped any minute" out of it and can't even get credit for killing since everyone immediately suspects them anyway. Where's the win?

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Boggy said:
- We therefore become paranoid that anyone who succeeds is using radar.
- This makes it impossible for people to get untainted credit for their success, everyone is suspect.

Not at all... You still need to actually kill them even if said people were using radar, all it does is give u an advantage so's never to be caught unaware and find fights easier. Imo it only has advantages if:

A) U out number your opponants

and(or)

B) Are more skillful/better equiped/RRs etc than opponants

1on1 Radar isnt much of a benifit imo, its not gunna drain there life away for u. Yes getting the jump on someone is a big advatage but im sure its not always rewarding.

Its all pretty trival tbh, with the coming of NF radar users will get banned, and the new system to get to fights quicker means there isnt really even much call for it imo, large fights more RPs for casual gamers, more QQ from hardcores.

Probley means the death/decline of 1on1 fg encounters so much, but thats no loss at all. Most have an ego bigger than Everest, so its no real shame if they cant get there "way".

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I don't agree. In DAoC knowing exactly where your enemy is can be the deciding factor in many fights (that's why people value good stealth reports so highly). Getting the first CC off, making a concerted charge on an unsuspecting enemy (however much general alertness they might have), knowing that there are no other enemies near or simply attacking from behind can all have immense benefit.

Doesn't really matter how skillful your enemy is or how much lacking in skills you are if you can get the jump on him. Even if they outnumber you, being able to hit an early CC can easily turn it on your favour. If radar users wanna kid themselves that it's still down to skill, that's just compounding their foolishness.

Azraeth

Fledgling Freddie
eeeeeeeeeeek Lubbock saw me bathing naked..... :eek6:

u perv radar user :touch:

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
plz Attilas after seeing that i uninstalled my radar just wasnt worth it :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom