So ive ordered it...

Gray

FH is my second home
Ordered WoW today, never really played this type of game before (Apart from as i say DiabloII, which ive been told is a completely "different" game anyway). So im either going to be very happy with it, or sorely disapointed.

But since its the first time of playing a game like so, i cant just give it a day to see whther i like it or not i suppose, i can at the moment give it plenty of time to try it so thats all good...

Heres to hoping.. :s

Gray

FH is my second home
No way!

I was thinking of it for a while, but then i got bored of most of the games i play now... Although seeing the laughs the game can bring (And also the complete nerdiness) i decided to give it a go ;)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
I should get a euro version just to drive all of you guys nuts.;)

Edit: Graaaaaaaaaaaay!! Nyarrrrgh! Hehe

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
all come join a US server, playing with americans > spanish tbfh :twak:

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
all come join a US server, playing with americans > spanish tbfh :twak:

no spanish on my server (not that i've noticed) mostly Swedish/Dutch and Hungarian :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
gray, what server are you going to be playing on?

Gray

FH is my second home
Hmm not managed to get on yet as it keeps updating shit, but apparently one of the servers mentioned is called Deathwing if thats means anything :s

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
even if it reccomends u to go on a low pop server, dont. its teh s00k. when u get higher and u want to do raids and stuff theres nobody to do it with.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Or simply chose to play on a rp server...

Don't fear major nerdage - most people playing on rp server are more adult and can spell/phrase a sentance without you needing a 1337 dictionary.
Some, of course, are into shakespearian 'where are thou, feisty dwarf' talk.

But that beats the text message kids by far.. tbfh...

tris-

gray i wanna play with you, irl aswell as game. so tell me where you are :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah so been playing on that Deathwing the past hour or 2, not bad, levelling up is slower than i thought mind.

I dont even read what people are saying at the moment, there is like a billion buttons to chose from and im like "aahhh oooh! buttons what ones to press!!!11"

But at the moment im a Level4 Rogue, what fun!

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
It will get alot better once you get more abilities... :D

Make sure to pick up a tradeskill - my suggestion is either Herbalism/Alchemy, so you can make your own potions or Leatherworking to make your own armor.

You'll find the trainers for that in your local capital - just talk to a guard to get the location.

Gray

FH is my second home
Maybe... ;o

Some of the quests are so hard doing solo, specially when some of the wee feckers are the same level as you you just get bitch slapped from 2 ends... gonna have to look hard at it tomorrow maybe see where the other guys are...

Gray

FH is my second home
Oh started again this time as a Horde, Undead Warrior...

Feels even better! ;o sucks i have work now ;(

Gray

FH is my second home
Double whammy!

Graythehorde for all you n0000bzZz on Deathwing ;) (Undead Warrior)

tris-

cool, now i can come and touch you and stuff.

Gray

FH is my second home
Just wondering...

While playing, im walking around and all of a sudden i just get hit with major major stuttering.

I dont know if its internet lag, because when it happens its only a low ping, so im more inclined to thinking whether its graphical lag. The stuttering lasts only a few seconds, but if im in a battle, those few seconds could be valuable.

Although i was in WoW and they said they was going to do some server maintenance over tonight, so i will have to check tomorrow to see whether it works or not.

PS - Is there anyone who is on the Deathwing Server? Around level 15-25, im having a doozie of a time trying to get some quests in...

The main one of them all is the actual Samoplange quest in The Barrens, ive spent literally days on it on my own to try and get it done, i eventually got it done only to find the bastards now want me to do another quest for it! This time collect some cog-like things.

The only problem is, as a level 19 warrior it gets hard doing solo because of the simple fact the humanoids run off and get lots more to help, i have to always hope of getting a crital-type hit on em but sometimes its still not enough, its just hard (Even though the quest is showing up as Green as well!)

All i really need is perhaps about 30mins just to get that quest in and what else maybe in that area, perhaps with someone who hasnt done that quest/s

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its because for some reason there is no precacheing of textures in WoW (it seems anyway), so everytime you encounter a new texture its loaded into your comps memory then and there, meaning that if you encounter many new textuers at once (such as when a large alliance/horde enemy force is nearby) your comp will freeze up until its loaded it all. Its very annoying, and will get you killed often when entering popular pvp zones. After the initial load however, most comps can handle WoW's gfx pretty good because of the low polygon count and rather simple (but well done) textures.

I guess you can alleviate this phenomenon if you have fast ram (not necessarily lots of it, but fast, although 1 gig of ram is preferable in any case) and a fast harddrive (like a scsi, raptor, raid or other 10000+rps drive).

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Its because for some reason there is no precacheing of textures in WoW (it seems anyway), so everytime you encounter a new texture its loaded into your comps memory then and there, meaning that if you encounter many new textuers at once (such as when a large alliance/horde enemy force is nearby) your comp will freeze up until its loaded it all. Its very annoying, and will get you killed often when entering popular pvp zones. After the initial load however, most comps can handle WoW's gfx pretty good because of the low polygon count and rather simple (but well done) textures.

I guess you can alleviate this phenomenon if you have fast ram (not necessarily lots of it, but fast, although 1 gig of ram is preferable in any case) and a fast harddrive (like a scsi, raptor, raid or other 10000+rps drive).
I think it's more database related to be honest, atleast in my case. It shouldn't take several seconds to load the tiny amount of textures needed when opening my bags (for instance) for the first time after logging on. (which was introduced in one of the latest patches for me.)

Whatever it is, it wasn't there before the last 2 patches. (the lag I'm talking about anyway :))

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gray - ref warrior facing annoying mobs who run when almost dead, try to use hamstring when they are about 1/3 health which will slow them down alot, hopefully letting you avoid the extra aggro.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well... Been playing it for just over a month now (Not noticed Blizzard taking any money out yet though..) Have to say, thoroughly superb.

I restarted and chose Horde over my original character, Warrior as well, much much fun. Ive got him up to Level 37 so im counting down the XP before i get my mount finally.

I was always somewhat nervous originally about going into contested territory for fear of being humped badly, but now ive finally got used to it somewhat im not worried, i infact now go Alliance hunting.

Im still unsure about this whole Honor shit though, im still ranked as a Scout, and im unsure what the next rank is, or how to get it and while the first time i did enjoy Battlegrounds, the other occasions sucked muchly because we didnt get team players, everyone was soloing, so didnt know where to go what to do... Complete disorganisation ;o.

Im planning on getting to level 40 before the end of the week... god damn work! ;(

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Gray said:
im still ranked as a Scout
Getting higher ranks is quite (very?) hard at lower levels. Don't worry about it until you're 45+ :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom