So I just started this Ranger and I need some pointers.

O

o_O

Well, I have played this game before, but I only played midgard. I played a healer. Now I was thinking that I would make a ranger, so far so good, but Im not realy shure how to spec her (this is where you come in). :)

Can you recomend a spec and give me a few pointers on how to achieve that spec? (Train what skills at what levels etc)

Currently I have just been putting it all into "pierce" and "pathfinding". (Havent realy got a bow to use apart form the one I got at level 5 witch is too low for me now anyhow I think, so havent speced mutch bow). But I dont think that I have ruined this char, not yet at least :) :) But I need some help before I do :)

I will be greatfull for any tips or pointers that you guys can give me :)

M

Marwolaeth

My aimed for spec is

Stealth 20
Celtic Dual 11
Recurve Bow 35
Piercing 44
Pathfinding 46

spec atm

Stealth 20
CD 1
RB 33
piercing 13
Pathfinding 41

can't quite remember how I spec'd each level but I know I started off keeping bow maxed up until about....well lvl 33 tbh,

Didn't bother speccing stealth until about lvl 20 when I decided to slap some into it for RvR (at lvl 21 I did actually get into a group going to Emain....got to remember this was before Hib even had a lvl 50.....Yes I'm THAT slow at levelling)

Piercing and path I think I used to alternate levels or somthing...kind of all mucked up abit though when we were granted full respec as I then dropped a hell of alot out of pierce and boosted pathfinding to max.

of course alot of peeps will laugh at my spec but I don't care....works for me so far.

O

o_O

Thanks,

but what are these new "skills" that were added? Skills in the bowline? (other then critshot) and what levels are they?

V

vintervargen

Rapid Fire 1 is at bow spec 35, RF2 at 45.
Penetrating arrow 1 is at 30, 2 at 40 and 3 at 50 bow spec.

Rapid Fire lets you shoot very fast, for a bit more endurance then normal shots. Penetrating arrow let your arrows to pierce bladeturn to 50% dmg in lvl1, 75% in lvl2 and 100% in lvl3. It doesn't pierce self bladeturn.

As for spec, as i assume you dont have a buffbot - go for much bow and the 'sniper' style. avoid melee unless you have to finish your enemy off. without a buffbot you will be killed by any buffed stealther, even with purge and IP. so i would suggest something like:

32 stealth
17 CD
34 pierce (go blades if you plan to grp alot with stealthers, so your friends can be a str/con debuff buffer :p)
45 bow
36 pathfinding

should be good if you wont have access to a buffbot and want to play the 'sniper' style (if not, roll a nightshade ;))

for the early lvls and exping, spec pathfinding and bow - even if you max melee the dmg output wont be as good as bow at low lvls (somewhat up tp 30).

S

saltymcpepper

Originally posted by vintervargen
(go blades if you plan to grp alot with stealthers, so your friends can be a str/con debuff buffer :p)

:cool:

O

o_O

ok thanks for the advice. I think that I understand the class a bit better now.

S

spankya

You want some advice... dont make a ranger. Noone wants themin RvR or exp groups so most of your time is spent soloing, so it is bloody boring :( Unless u manage to get into a guild that RvRs alot or does alot of guild hunts for exp, I'd suggest making a non stealth class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom