So I actually wanted to buy LoTM in UK retail

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Anyone know who is stocking it?

I am considering coming back to DAoC Euro in a month or so and have been looking for the actual box they are selling it in my home town. Tryed the following

HMV
Virgin
Game Station
Game

(only stores in my town)

and none of them are stocking it :( Nor are any of them stocking the pre pay game cards either - not fun :( In fact all of the peeps I spoke to in store haven't even heard of DAoC :S

Is anyone else having the same experience?

I bought all the boxes previously in my home town stores with no problem and no ordering. I don't have a credit card atm so can't buy online and no I don't want to play US servers either as I want to spend some time with my guild on mid exc if they are still there :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Yeah but I actually wanted to buy it while I was out and about, don't really like ordering things off the internet so your answer doesn't really give me an answer if you see what I mean :( And my card doesn't use any of the card facilities given on Play.com either :s

Bahumat

FH is my second home
They accept Paypal iirc, does paypal accept your card?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
They accept Paypal iirc, does paypal accept your card?

Nope, and I owe paypal money from ages ago for a deal that I did on ebay except that I pulled out of a buy at the last second and the dood wasn't happy etc etc etc. Not going to settle it as I feel as though I wasn't given a fair chance to defend my reason for pulling out etc etc no QQ from me on that one, I dealt with it, and I aint paying them.

My card has absolutely no facilities on it what so ever, it's just a pure bank account, no overdraft, no visa, no solo, just anonymous :)

It's also that I would like to see DAoC pushed more on the high street and it should be available but isn't in my town and tbh I live in a town of 1 Million peeps so there's no reason for it not to be stocked. After all, the power of word of mouth is still going as strong as ever. However I am not surprised to see the likes of WoW pushed to hell in stores all over my town - just a case of priority marketing it seems.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
im confused ?

is this post about you not being able to get a copy of LOTM or is it a post saying how angry you are that shops dont stock it ?

if you really want a copy of LOTM and you have the cash you much know someone who does own a credit card and is willing to pay using their card if you give them cash ? dad mum sister bro ? friend etc etc etc

as for being upset about shops not stocking it you kinda answered your own question .. they guy behind the counter had never heard of it .. kinda like if people knew about and IF people bought it then the shops would actually stock it .. pure supply and demand .. sadly daoc hasnt been in demand for a while.

i guess 99.9% of people who play with LOTM bought it online.

another idear is im sure amazon would stock it and they also accept personal checks i belive .. maybe just send em a check.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I have seen it in our local Game so you could probably get your local Game to order it in for you. I've found that PC games in general are poorly stocked (at least where I live). Unless of course you want the WoW expansion :)

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
You don't actually need to buy the box, why not buy the licence and download the expansion from GOA?

AFAIK they sell licences now on the subs page, using the same payment method you use to pay your subs. I upgraded to Darkness Rising using that, with no problems at all!

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
imgormiel try splashplastic.. pre pay maestro card u can top in alot of uk shops... you can also pay for us servers that way :p

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty much the same boat as I was in I eventually found a copy at HMV so might be worth asking them if they can order you a copy.

NavaloreShadowvar

Loyal Freddie
Anyone know who is stocking it?

I am considering coming back to DAoC Euro in a month or so and have been looking for the actual box they are selling it in my home town. Tryed the following

HMV
Virgin
Game Station
Game

(only stores in my town)

and none of them are stocking it :( Nor are any of them stocking the pre pay game cards either - not fun :( In fact all of the peeps I spoke to in store haven't even heard of DAoC :S

Is anyone else having the same experience?

I bought all the boxes previously in my home town stores with no problem and no ordering. I don't have a credit card atm so can't buy online and no I don't want to play US servers either as I want to spend some time with my guild on mid exc if they are still there :)

Heh ye i get the same thing told from were im from, they have no clue wat DAoC is, and the only shop that sells DAoC only recently have recieved Darkness Rising :s

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
You don't actually need to buy the box, why not buy the licence and download the expansion from GOA?

AFAIK they sell licences now on the subs page, using the same payment method you use to pay your subs. I upgraded to Darkness Rising using that, with no problems at all!

I used the subs pages to upgrade to LOTM, then I just patched to it. Job done :worthy:

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
My local Game didnt have it in, but when i asked them if they were getting it they said that they are only taking orders and i'd have to wait a week to get it.

Game.co.uk have it listed there.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The industry is moving away from boxes and in a couple of years most of the games will be downloadable only. Something I support.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
The industry is moving away from boxes and in a couple of years most of the games will be downloadable only. Something I support.

I have no apprehension about downloading stuff, indeed i do it myself, when i am online that is at home (large bill to pay and don't have the funds atm but will in the near future). Just that I am suffering two inconveniences atm at home. Firstly I am not online at home and ofc my DAoC is at my home computer. Secondly as I mentioned in the beginning of the thread that I don't have access to a credit card or any card acceptable to a website as funds for payment. Also I don't have a cheque book after getting burned badly by banks. So the ideal thing for me is to be able to buy it in the shops.

Also the pre-pay game card issue is also ideal, I have yet to see a DAoC game card stocked anywhere in my home town. I've seen plenty of WoW ones but none as advertised on the Dark age site which does state that I should be able to find them with no problem. That's just too bad. It's seems the idea has been wasted (or I may be encountering a possible fact that GOA/EA Mythic have had problems with distributors for the cards with the vendors ie HMV reporting back that they are not viable. I am not stating this as fact btw, as this issue I know nothing about. It's just a guess that seems a plausible one to me.) and that the promise of pre-pay game cards was or is a pipe dream in my town :(

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
im confused ?

is this post about you not being able to get a copy of LOTM or is it a post saying how angry you are that shops dont stock it ?

if you really want a copy of LOTM and you have the cash you much know someone who does own a credit card and is willing to pay using their card if you give them cash ? dad mum sister bro ? friend etc etc etc

as for being upset about shops not stocking it you kinda answered your own question .. they guy behind the counter had never heard of it .. kinda like if people knew about and IF people bought it then the shops would actually stock it .. pure supply and demand .. sadly daoc hasnt been in demand for a while.

i guess 99.9% of people who play with LOTM bought it online.

another idear is im sure amazon would stock it and they also accept personal checks i belive .. maybe just send em a check.

Not angry at all old bean. Just an informative thread that was looking for some feedback that was all :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I have seen it in our local Game so you could probably get your local Game to order it in for you. I've found that PC games in general are poorly stocked (at least where I live). Unless of course you want the WoW expansion :)

So true :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

Please read what I said in the first and last posts of this thread before you type. Thank you :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Well, guess I am gonna have to order it then :(

Such bad publicity from (i can't say who else i'll get another pm from someone) pfft. Just wish they would do their job etc. And another thing, any one seen the game cards in their shops either. Still awaiting an answer on this one tbh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom