So, FAO midgard people (that have brains)

O

old.Tzeentch

really.. i mean, c'mon.. you seriously dont think that you are as gimped as you guys tell everyone all the time, right?

the way i figure it, you guys are very strong in a small number of classes, and weak in RAs (kind of a balance in a way, strong base/spec abilities, compensating for lack of strong RAs).. so you have, in essence, strong constant force, whereas albs and hibs have a 'timered power', that they would be just that bit much more difficult to defeat.

so, can we have people from midgard (who have brains, and a good handle on the game mechanics, dynamics and balance), to please say wtf is up with there realm so much that they gotta cry all the time that mythic hates them and wah wah etc.

thx.

R

rg-zorena

Well dont u cry ur bard got dodger so use that and fight back..
:D and no really everyone with "brains" have realized that savages aren't really balanced. That patch tho well bring them under what mythic was trying to make i thnk it was 60 singels 20dubble and 15tripple and 5quads or something like that so now 2%quad will infact be a nerf from 17%(witch is clearly too good down under what was intended from start).

well we all know mythic great programing skills by now :D
Anyhow 1.65 is gonna take awhile i would guess and daoc for many seems getting abit old for many who play rvr in emain day in and day out. (You should know this tzee cus you play la2) or so I heard.

ah well savage nerf is coming time to get our evil kobolds to rr10 before that happens so just run along out in emain as useuall :mgwhore2: :m00: and get farmed ^^

S

stunned

Does this post only apply to scandinavian ppl ?

B

Belomar

I know a guy who recently deleted his level 50 Savage because it was simply too powerful and rerolled Hib. This was on Prydwen, home of the so-called "uber Alb groups", groups who now mainly sit at atk waiting for their RAs to come up.

C

Crashtje

tzee got issues, how long since tankster logged in ?>

Z

zmurf

Same RR group's from each realm, with the realms PERFECT group setup for RvR (not counting in savages here, as they r utter bollock's) r even in my eye's ...

Only small imbalance is each realm's CC, each has it's plus's and minus's ... range / insta / chain / cloth / etc ...

So if insta stun/insta ae stun r down and no savages in group, (I don't really see insta stun's as overpowered, but the fact mid is only with em, max em inbalanced) in my opinion the group's r completly even, all with their bonus's, weakness's etc ...

The HUGE bonus about midgard though, in my eyes, is the fact we don't rely in RA's to have a 'good' group setup ...
When ppl make random group's they don't HAVE to have classes with their class specific RA, like sos / bof / baod / GP / AM, these 5 r all what stubbe and me refere to as 'reversed FUCK UP RA's' ... PR is nice to reverse a fail mezz and u loose a healer etc, but it's not AS vital ...

Not sure this was what u ment tze, whine if it wasn't (sure u will :p )

A

angara-ffs

Tzee!!!111oneone Sup, go to bed more early...it was cold in bed last night :(

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
really.. i mean, c'mon.. you seriously dont think that you are as gimped as you guys tell everyone all the time, right?

the way i figure it, you guys are very strong in a small number of classes, and weak in RAs (kind of a balance in a way, strong base/spec abilities, compensating for lack of strong RAs).. so you have, in essence, strong constant force, whereas albs and hibs have a 'timered power', that they would be just that bit much more difficult to defeat.

so, can we have people from midgard (who have brains, and a good handle on the game mechanics, dynamics and balance), to please say wtf is up with there realm so much that they gotta cry all the time that mythic hates them and wah wah etc.

thx.

midgard now=easy...too easy :rolleyes:

and when they nerf savages, we will need some unique(fuck unique, give us bof+sos+baod etc :p) ra's.

Healers is a damn good class, savages need a nerf. thats about it i think.

J

Jiggs

games actually pretty balanced if u take rr3-4 ppl and normally buffed by their group.

things (imo) get screwy when u start talking about rr7+ players with 2 buffbots per group.

i don't think mythic ever tests these scenarios, classes which are just 'good' becomes stupidly overpowered when decked out with stacks of RAs and all the red buffs (assasins are the classic example of this but imo its equally valid when u consider savages/mercs/heros/casters with 330+dex etc etc)

/edit can't spell o_o

B

Begach

Re: Re: So, FAO midgard people (that have brains)

Originally posted by Arnor
midgard now=easy...too easy :rolleyes:

and when they nerf savages, we will need some unique(fuck unique, give us bof+sos+baod etc :p) ra's.

Healers is a damn good class, savages need a nerf. thats about it i think.

Add removal of AoE stun and replace with lul and i'd agree. Until then you won't feel the loss of not being able to drop a group in seconds and just use stun more to land that castable. Which i don't call equal.

PS PR and ichor are both damn strong RA's (especially with std mid config 2-3 healers) and it's unique. Imo you guys don't need much more to acheive balance with BoF/SoS or BAoD/GP. Lol you can have my shitty AM if you want. Any takers? It's fairly unique?....Like uniquely shite :p

B.

G

glorien_

All mid has is 2 strong classes which they just put as many as possible in the grp. You only have 2 look at a mid rvr guilds grps to see these classes...healers and savages - insta stun for the healer isnt really owerpowered its just the other realms (especially alb with no insta cc) dont have it.

I really think mythic should make savages alittle less 'overpowered' and then give loving to alb and hib... that way hibs and albs are happy and mid dont cry about mythic hating them.

G

Garnet

thx.

Thought you quit daoc anyways? if so fo

This another savage whine? :rolleyes: Almost as bad a noobamir

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Belomar
I know a guy who recently deleted his level 50 Savage because it was simply too powerful and rerolled Hib. This was on Prydwen, home of the so-called "uber Alb groups", groups who now mainly sit at atk waiting for their RAs to come up.

Bullshit.

Mainly they save them for good groups, emain is dead or there is too many albs in emain which results in them not using them.Just takes some brains to realise that.

What jiggs said has to be the best answer for rvr at the moment.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Belomar
Hahahahaha @ you

O

old.Tzeentch

I don't know what it is, but the people I recognise from the daily fg field of rvr, zmurf, zorena, arnor, all give the answer that I have as well.. they all kinda agree in their own way.

Zmurf especially, I cannot agree more that because your groups are so strong in their natural/pre-RA state, that you dont actually need the compensation they provide, and in fact, it is a handicap for the realm with the 'super RAs', since it's on a timer, and who the hell wants to be able to stand a good chance of winning, only when your uber RA is up.

A class/group should not need to rely fully on an RA to win.

B

BidAccount

People in Midgard...with brains?

Nope - now you've lost me.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by zmurf
U seem to be only one who agree's ... but /flex anyways :)
I agree but just cba to admit it :p

besides.. i'm not a middie :eek:

A

Arnor

Re: Re: Re: So, FAO midgard people (that have brains)

Originally posted by Begach
Add removal of AoE stun and replace with lul and i'd agree. Until then you won't feel the loss of not being able to drop a group in seconds and just use stun more to land that castable. Which i don't call equal.

PS PR and ichor are both damn strong RA's (especially with std mid config 2-3 healers) and it's unique. Imo you guys don't need much more to acheive balance with BoF/SoS or BAoD/GP. Lol you can have my shitty AM if you want. Any takers? It's fairly unique?....Like uniquely shite :p

B.

correct me if im wrong, but isnt AM healing the entire group for 1400each over 20secs?

Ill trade you that for fucking Tundra any day bitch

B

Begach

Re: Re: Re: Re: So, FAO midgard people (that have brains)

Originally posted by Arnor
correct me if im wrong, but isnt AM healing the entire group for 1400each over 20secs?

Ill trade you that for fucking Tundra any day bitch

standard hybrid (or pretty much anything with low dmg) can at least equal more likely outdamage the tick. A dmg tank, nuker, stealther can ignore it. A savage or zerker can normally have you dead by the 2nd tick. Yeah it be teh uber RA.

B.

Z

zmurf

I don't know what it is, but the people I recognise from the daily fg field of rvr, zmurf, zorena, arnor, all give the answer that I have as well.. they all kinda agree in their own way.

Zmurf especially, I cannot agree more that because your groups are so strong in their natural/pre-RA state, that you dont actually need the compensation they provide, and in fact, it is a handicap for the realm with the 'super RAs', since it's on a timer, and who the hell wants to be able to stand a good chance of winning, only when your uber RA is up.

A class/group should not need to rely fully on an RA to win.

In a perfect world, the group with ra's up would win(if both groups r equally skilled) and if no ra's up on each side the group best played / with most luck would win ... but this is not a perfect world, this is DAOC ... Human Shield gonna play Darkfall, Dragon Empires and World of Warcraft, i hope atleast 1 of those games, create a 'perfect world' although i doubt it :)

B

Belomar

Zmurf, I thought that in a perfect world, the group with the most skilled players would win in an FG vs FG fight? ;) But yes, that and what you said are essentially the same things, said in different ways.

Z

zmurf

u start out correcting me, and end with agreeing with me ... well if the end is fine all is well ? :) and yes in a 'perfect world' msot skilled should win, but i was talking equally skilled ...

V

vindicat0r

Nerfing class'es is never the answer < maybe the savage a lill :0>, its a temp fix or bad fuck up.

They really need to go about sorting the balance out so that any Realm can form more than 1 so called "perfect" group, there shouldnt be 1 all powerfull perfect group. I mean Caster's are fucked atm, they are only in PvE, with the odd caster needed < chanter/ eld / sorc etc > in RvR. Mid groups are 50% chain and 50% studded tank's :D. This is needs to change in every realm, I think hib pbae group's have some balance < except for no other tanks except hero/bm's etc>, Basically Resist's and Determination need to be altered < yes call it what u like but come on :D>.

Reduce Determination Effect to 5% per lvl + increase cost.

Cap resist's at 40%, 50% is 2 much as who want's to do half dmg :/,

To add some love to hybrid's etc < could be overpowering but would stop all these tank heavy grp's a lill> but .....

Add Mele resist chant's on a realm's most unwanted class'es.

Mid = Thane - stiill need love could be other charc in mid ?
Champ = poor bastards gotta get something, other class ?
Alb = < hmm hard to say on alb, no way for pally, they got enough shit>

Maybe a caster for alb tbh cant say ......... could be either for alb's

These are just suggestion's, I dont think all/ or any maybe, of these change's should go in but something has to be done, some of those suggestion's may actually help, feel free to comment and add to my idea's if you see a better way to apply them ^^

K

Kahland

saadyst come and play hib on pryd, so i can kick you ass silly :(

Users who are viewing this thread