So clustering with US might happen anyways?

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
Heard alot of people say that clustering with US wasnt possible.

Quote from Camelot Herald
"Monday, December 11, from 8:00 AM EST to 3:00 PM EST (if all goes well, knock wood), the Devon cluster will be down so we can add the English-language version of Akatsuki to the cluster. As always, stay tuned for updates."

So Apparently they are merging Japan with US servers.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
That is interesting, indeed. I'd deffo renew if they merge with US.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
It would be dooooooom for the alarm clock crew
Imagine the horror of having to fight yanks that were online to get relics when the majority of EU population are tucked up in bed :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Aiteal said:
It would be dooooooom for the alarm clock crew
Imagine the horror of having to fight yanks that were online to get relics when the majority of EU population are tucked up in bed :)

A 45+ page whine thread every day will make it interresting though :)
Shame they wont ever cluster EU with the US then because our code is quite/alot different than the one they have in the US and iirc Mythic already hosted the JP servers or the company hosting those didn't alter the origional Mythic code like GOA did therefor it was really easy to cluster them with the US.

Not to mention GOA would lose out on alot, if not all, their income by allowing such a cluster as we would have to pay the monthly fee to Mythic then as we would be playing on their servers, why would GOA allow this?

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Japanese server already in USA hosted by Mythic anyway? It's like clustering an English GOA server with a German GOA server. Oversea clustering between GOA and Mythic is highly unlikely and don't think it's even plausible. Imagine copying an entire database overseas like that, or even shipping the server across the Atlantic.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
A 45+ page whine thread every day will make it interresting though :)

Especially, when the yanks find out horner is french
The yanks love the french even more than the english do ;)
Never understood why, maybe because they beat all the rest of the european nations in wars but never fought the french
who knows

Dr_Evil said:
Imagine copying an entire database overseas like that, or even shipping the server across the Atlantic.

It's only a database
I spent my first year and a half as a programmer coding that sort of thing
very very very tedious
but entirely possible

But financial considerations would stop such a merger.
The technological aspect is always doable.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Never understood why, maybe because they beat all the rest of the european nations in wars but never fought the french
who knows

Did the french surrender while they were drawing up the decleration of war?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
hope not, don't want scum bag EU albs ruining another server

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
Did the french surrender while they were drawing up the decleration of war?

I'll give the French one thing over the English
When their government piss them off, they sure as hell let them know about it.
Sadly, the English just tend to grumble.
They need a little bit of the french flair for rioting and regicide imo ;)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
GOA will act with lightning pace to save the Excal cluster like they did with Glastonbury...........don't hold your breath those who still play Excal/Pryd, you will need to see less than 100 people on the cluster regularly before GOA decide to act.

That's just the Japanese server, it shows on the US server list now.

Japakaka.jpg

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
this clustering was done because it was either cluster or close the server.

tbh, I think goa will cluster all the eu servers before starting to cluster eu servers with us servers, and somehow there must be a limit to how many servers in a cluster is possible, because tbh, i wouldnt like playing on a cluster with 10 different servers.

with so many unshared zones it would be a nightmare :D

Himse

FH is my second home
Samaroon its low atm coz they are all asleep ;)

usually has about 3-400 people on it.

Himse said:

I know ;) I was just pointing out the server on the list for people who didn't understand what was happening :]

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
MadsKaizer said:

tbh, I think goa will cluster all the eu servers before starting to cluster eu servers with us servers, and somehow there must be a limit to how many servers in a cluster is possible, because tbh, i wouldnt like playing on a cluster with 10 different servers.

Then they should atleast share all the zones. lol :D

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
MadsKaizer said:

Well wouldnt be a problem with Artifacts and other mob spawns :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Aiteal said:
I'll give the French one thing over the English
When their government piss them off, they sure as hell let them know about it.
Sadly, the English just tend to grumble.
Well the British invaded Washington and burned the Whitehouse down in 1812. :D

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
The changes came about because the company that ran DAoC in Japan decided to pull the plug and close down.

So the Japanese players on the server(s) have been allowed to transfer there accounts to the US. It may be the same server or a new one - no matter.

Currently they are on the best part of a 2 month free trial, the version has been brought up to the current standard and expansions up to Catacombs (I think) has been thrown in.

The down side: they no longer get to play in Japanese.
They no longer have local CSRs and, last I read, there would be no Japanese speaking CSRs.
Also no Japanese e-mail support. I know the company that used to run it was trying to get this changed but don't know the outcome. I
n addition the Japanese names that their characters had would no longer be supported and their characters would get a random name that they can subsequently change.
Lastly they need to set up a payment scheme to pay EA Mythic in the US. The method they had was timed gamecards. This requires a credit card or bank transfer so any younger players are probably stuffed.

I'm sure the rush has been immense ....... 49 did I see on that screenshot .....

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for info, didn't know that. About the server population Himse already answered above, maybe you missed it.
Himse said:

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
gervaise said:
The changes came about because the company that ran DAoC in Japan decided to pull the plug and close down.

So the Japanese players on the server(s) have been allowed to transfer there accounts to the US. It may be the same server or a new one - no matter.

Currently they are on the best part of a 2 month free trial, the version has been brought up to the current standard and expansions up to Catacombs (I think) has been thrown in.

The down side: they no longer get to play in Japanese.
They no longer have local CSRs and, last I read, there would be no Japanese speaking CSRs.
Also no Japanese e-mail support. I know the company that used to run it was trying to get this changed but don't know the outcome. I
n addition the Japanese names that their characters had would no longer be supported and their characters would get a random name that they can subsequently change.
Lastly they need to set up a payment scheme to pay EA Mythic in the US. The method they had was timed gamecards. This requires a credit card or bank transfer so any younger players are probably stuffed.

I'm sure the rush has been immense ....... 49 did I see on that screenshot .....

This shouldn't be an issue as most of the younger population av japan can speak/read english.
Shame that the french still has some trouble to communicate.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Labbe said:
This shouldn't be an issue as most of the younger population av japan can speak/read english.
Shame that the french still has some trouble to communicate.

Agree.
What more then "gief itamz plx" and "potal potal" do you realy need to be able to say?

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...one thing cross my mind tho... their keyboards... and default OS language... That can be a problem. :)

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
Labbe said:
Hmm...one thing cross my mind tho... their keyboards... and default OS language... That can be a problem. :)

wonder if the french ppl have the same issue ?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aiteal said:
maybe because they beat all the rest of the european nations in wars but never fought the french
who knows

probably more like US always have to come and save france in all the wars they have been in, making US look big and noble ;). no offence to the french crappy war tactics ofc...

on a side note, wonder why they will be clustering those 2 servers anyway, only ebay cash sellers left on the asian servers anyway....

*runs and hides*

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
Well the British invaded Washington and burned the Whitehouse down in 1812. :D

If only they could do that again
and throw in the houses of parliment for good measure :p

sadly
writing a stiff letter of complaint to the Daily Mail letters page about an immigrant who killed the queen mums swans in order to make tasty swan burgers (yum yum) is about the height of anger these days :(

Ctuchik said:
probably more like US always have to come and save france in all the wars they have been in

I think France has been in a few more wars than WWII ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Aiteal said:
I think France has been in a few more wars than WWII ;)

But as a wise man once said the only war the French won on there own was the french civil war :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
But as a wise man once said the only war the French won on there own was the french civil war :)

But the americans didn't win THEIR civil war on their own.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom