So catacombs...

Tilda

Well ive been reading up, looking around etc, and it seems both hibs and mids have some really nice classes, all of which look fun to play.

I made this thread so we can discuss our alb class, people can post links to videos and we can generally discuss our new class.

So, the Heretic, discuss.

Aussie

Banned
just post a heretic movie that kills 10 random brehons with shitresists so the damage looks insane and everyone will go wild about it .

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
You need to spec maximum in Enhance to get decent AF, therefore meaning you have to spec low in weapon...ie shit damage. The focus spells mean you have to stay in line of sight of enemy, so for zerg fans it'll be cool.

Fleeting

Fledgling Freddie
From what ive read from the US forums the only good thing the heretic brings is the monster rez...when rezzed by this it makes you a zombie with 75% dmg absorb for 45 or so secs. After its worn off it leaves you at 1% hp or somthing and at full power - needless to say the casters love it (no res sick either). While in zombie form you cant attack or anything - just run about and proc this nasty pbaoe disease dot that interupts casters. Great for tower sieges where one needs to clear out hibs and their shroom fields I hear.

Trouble with the focus spells (other them keeping LoS) is the graphic associated with it - stream of fire going from your outstretched arm to your target... really draws attention.

And yeah as eggy says you need to spec max Enchance for the crazy high af. Think the cookie cutter is 50 enh 48 rejuv (id personally go 50 rejuv too) and the rest split between crush(for the stun chain)/shield.

O they also get a neat buff that can proc a 'buff shear' (when hit i.e. reactionary proc) that seems to piss stealthers off no end :D (also can strip archer buffs when they shoot ya ).

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I hear reaver+heretic is a killer combo.. rr5+twf3+ml8 and heretic with af and DI = pwnage :x

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
41rej 50flex 40enh looks interestin, but on the whole i think alb got shafted, again.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they;'re a hybrid so people will whine about not nuking like wizards or healing like clerics (or tanking like proper tanks)

however with 50e you have plate AF, 43e gives chain/studded, 33e is about as low as I'd go with caster->leather AF

one of the big boons of heretics is that they get DI - superb RA, along with bedazzling aura and their RR5 + banelord they can help a tank group shrug off nukes...

50e 50f 23s 17r is a fun spec ;) but most go 50e 48r remainder in weapon.

The zombie ress is really nice for breaking tower sieges but it's also handy for a 100% power ress (with a 45s wait time...) just need to be careful.

The nukes aren't brilliant but if you get left alone something is gonna die ;)... good for interrupts (really fast 2s cast time so with dex buffs from a cleric you can win a quickdraw contest.. think the aoe is 2s too..)

I don't see many gank groups going for a heretic, but they'll make the average random alb group much better.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
One trick ponies I think, they will be a godsend for when hibs and mids are camping towers, bridges and lord rooms etc with the Monster rezz thing, which looks fun.

The rest of the time they will be mediocre I think, specially compared to the enemy classes, but hey, we're albs, we're used to getting the short end of the stick, we'll cope.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a few full sets of artis lying around for Catacombs, so I might make a Heretic and see what they're like.

Phenomenal

Fledgling Freddie
I tried em... Both the Heretic as the Warlock are just stupid classes... Anyone feeling allmighty when killing someone with a Warlock needs a reality check.

The Heretic is somewhat different but it's laughable... the focus dot just looks stupid, and all you have to do is wait till one of the dots stops getting resisted, as each pulse adds to the damage, even when resisted.. so you get something like 190.. 270... resist ... resist... resist... resist... 1540 damage. Each pusle takes about 2-3 seconds. All that time you can't be attacked or anything.

The Valk I haven't tried yet, nor the Vampiir... but I've seen movies from the US and some forums I visit (apart from VNboard) and tbh that Vampiir may become more of a problem than Warlocks will ever be, and they SEEM to be the most enjoyable class to play (for non, 1 Iwinbutton griefers)

But, ofcourse, all the new classes are immensely overpowered.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
I think the heretic will be as useful as a necromancer :(

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:
I've got a few full sets of artis lying around for Catacombs, so I might make a Heretic and see what they're like.

Eggy you play too much - get out more pls

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Phenomenal said:
All that time you can't be attacked or anything.

Sounds like you only used in on monsters there ;)

for RvR:
use the UFR and a bodyguard..

still get shut down by some things but it's a lot more sustainable.

The main problem is LoS breaking.

A nuker with a shield is a godsend against all these fotm archers ;)

Warlocks are indeed stupid but this thread is about Heretics not warlocks.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft said:
Eggy you play too much - get out more pls

I go out regularly, have a full time job, and until v recently a gf.

I go out too much tbh.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Heretic also has a uninterruptible damage spell which with BG and until people get used to they way to actually interrupt it, it can be interesting. Monster rezz is also interesting and ofc BL and some ras :)

Tilda

Having looked into them more it seems you can either spec for melee or spells, I think i'll spec 50 rejuv, 50 enh 10 flex or something and the rest in shield.

Prizes for someone who creates a template capping: dex, pie, con, resists, cast speed, spell dammage, spell range, power pool% and heal bonus :D

Lootie

Fledgling Freddie
Was reading the VN boards (something you should not do too often btw) and it seems that only Valks are more suckie than Heretics in rvr.
The warlock can score about 2-3 times as much rp's :(
On the other hand it makes me believe that a heretic with DI2 can be a usefull ally in group, just to bare the first contact with a warlock.

Exinferis

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Having looked into them more it seems you can either spec for melee or spells, I think i'll spec 50 rejuv, 50 enh 10 flex or something and the rest in shield.

Prizes for someone who creates a template capping: dex, pie, con, resists, cast speed, spell dammage, spell range, power pool% and heal bonus :D

eggy please :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

You'll be hard pushed. My cleric template including 10% range and 4% spell damage would fit pretty nicely though.

I'm going to work on a heretic template though as soon as possible. Few questions come to mind though...can they get EoY? What version of GoV/Scalars do they get? Do they autotrain? If so...in what? If flex autotrains, 50enh 50rej 25shield and 18 flex could work.

I'll have to read some VN.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
eggy said:
You'll be hard pushed. My cleric template including 10% range and 4% spell damage would fit pretty nicely though.

I'm going to work on a heretic template though as soon as possible. Few questions come to mind though...can they get EoY? What version of GoV/Scalars do they get? Do they autotrain? If so...in what? If flex autotrains, 50enh 50rej 25shield and 18 flex could work.

I'll have to read some VN.

Can get EoY

When I activated GoLM I was given the choice of which version - might get the choice of Friar or caster stats? Asked on the heretic boards on drunkenfriar....

no autotraining on any new classes (thank god - bag of shite that it is)

If you spec flex all your procs are heat damage instead of spirit. Heat LW whip? :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
tbh I'm not sure if you need the heal bonus. If it had a unique type of heal I could understand, but I've never been a great believer in friars backup healing...so doubt Heretics would change my mind.

Marc

FH is my second home
Phenomenal said:
The Heretic is somewhat different but it's laughable... the focus dot just looks stupid, and all you have to do is wait till one of the dots stops getting resisted, as each pulse adds to the damage, even when resisted.. so you get something like 190.. 270... resist ... resist... resist... resist... 1540 damage. Each pusle takes about 2-3 seconds. All that time you can't be attacked or anything.

lol irl at that

8 heretic group for keep defence

Marc

FH is my second home
actually nm that cos you will be missing damage anyway on the resists

wasnt thinking straight

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
actually nm that cos you will be missing damage anyway on the resists

wasnt thinking straight

I wonder why... :p