Film So...Avatar

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone seen the teaser yet? I'm still not convinced by the plot (Dance With Wolves in Space sums it up from what I've read), but I have to admit there's some very nice eye-candy going on there.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm going to try and avoid all things avatar until the movie comes out.

It's going to be a pain, but i want the experience to be unhindered.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Anyone seen the teaser yet? I'm still not convinced by the plot (Dance With Wolves in Space sums it up from what I've read), but I have to admit there's some very nice eye-candy going on there.

yes, I posted about it about a thousand years ago. I'm jaded enough by the interwebs to automatically assume it's going to be terrible :(

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
really dont know what to think of it, the action looks pretty decent but those blue mofo's look a bit ballicks

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think it looks ace. This is Ridley Scott, not some shit game director. Ridley Scott usually comes out on form.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Screw Avatar fucking 3d bullshit fuckoff.

Roll on the Battle Angel Alita live action movie.

Nate

FH is my second home
Why other then Ridley Scott is there so much hype about this?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think it looks ace. This is Ridley Scott, not some shit game director. Ridley Scott usually comes out on form.

...er, no. Ridley Scott is currently filming a new Robin Hood, with Russell Crowe (how come Robin Hood is never palyed by an Englishman in films?)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Why other then Ridley Scott is there so much hype about this?

I think it's something to do with the insane cost of production (and the length of time spent on the script etc.)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
...er, no. Ridley Scott is currently filming a new Robin Hood, with Russell Crowe (how come Robin Hood is never palyed by an Englishman in films?)

Well he's an Australian playing a criminal, he should do a good job.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes it was, congratulations. You're all very sharp today. My next test will be somewhat more difficult.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair, Crowe moved to Australia at quite a young age.

Plus he's an utter ****, though I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Dances With Aliens.

I'll need to see a really good review before I bother with it and by a good review I mean one that goes beyond saying that the graphics are pretty.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Part of the problem is that there is this whole hype machine around this film, so it's going to have to be good to step up to the mark. It can be done though because the Star Trek film met my expectations and that had a lot of hype as well.

I agree with ECA about the live-action Battle Angle Alita film. I'd probably get more enjoyment out of that, considering Steven Spielberg managed to get that "broken cyborg" look in AI.
af4cc060ada0bfb09736a110.L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

While we're on the case of live-action films being made from manga and anime, anyone heard anything about "Akira" and "Ghost In The Shell" lately?
Steven Spielberg - GitS
Ruairi Robinson - Akira

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Akira was rumoured to have Tom Cruise and was going to be set in New York instead of Tokyo. I'm sure that like everyone else I just plain cringed at this. However, I've not read anything recently and the New York/Tom Cruise thing might no longer be the case.

Akira is one where it would strongly benefit from being faithful to the source material rather than fecking it up with some mangled interpretation just so they can use Kaneda's bike in a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom