So anyone know their chemistry out there? :/

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all!
I have a few questions me and a few friends have been discussing some questions but since we aren't chemistry majors we'd thought perhaps you could help us some...

So our first question we came up with while glueing a few papers together.. Now what makes the glue harden when outside the tube and not inside? We thought it might have to do with the oxygen in some way creating a chemical reaction? Does anybody have the reactionformula for this perhaps and can explain what happens? Also to add, it's a two-component glue if that means anything.

Also what would you get if you mix 2-metyl-2-buten with H2O and some strong acid? This was actually a test question that we failed on but it seemed quite easy...

Ok for the last one (also a test question that I failed on): Say you have 1-bromobutan and want to create C3H7COOH, what do you do?

I would be very thankfull for any help on the subject ;-)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Ok for the last one (also a test question that I failed on): Say you have 1-bromobutan and want to create C3H7COOH, what do you do?

hmm you would want to first make it an alcohol i suppose, then oxidise it using KMnO4?
of course that would only work if it was a primary alcohol so im not 100% atm

i can have a look later when im not in a rush since i think ive actually done a question like that :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom