So anyone else see Nightwish at the Mean Fiddler last night?

C

cadiva

Pretty much as topic. Fantastic gig by the Finnish ubergroup Nightwish at the Mean Fiddler in London.

For those of you wondering who Nightwish are you will mostly have heard them as the soundtrack to Aladora's Darkness Falls video (Deep Blue Sea / Crimson Tide) and to Slip's US-Style Lair bashing.

B

Belsameth

they'll be interesting to see live, tho I am curious when they're going to release a new album. So far all of em sound the same with a slightly different cover :p

C

cadiva

Hehe, they were fantastic live, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Tarja's voice that you hear on the albums is exactly that amazingly good.

I appreciate your point about their albums sounding the same with a different cover, tho don't strictly agree with it. There's plenty of difference between Over the Hills and Far Away and Century Child in my opinion but solid hard anthemic rock is what they're good and most of their albums reflect that.
Although one reason why you might think they all sound the same is they do tend to duplicate songs on each album ;)

As for a new one, believe they're working on one soon as Tarja has now had her year off to concentrate on her studies/get married etc. I'm sure I also read something about a DvD which is due for release shortly.

At the mo their official website seems to be down so can't check there for the news.

E

Eleasias

didnt see them there but i've seen them here in finland, shit band and a shit gig Q_Q

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Eleasias
didnt see them there but i've seen them here in finland, shit band and a shit gig Q_Q

Thank you for that constructive addition to the conversation.

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by cadiva
Thank you for that constructive addition to the conversation.

What was wrong with his contri?

He thinks they were shit, opinions don't have to be constructive. Or mebbe it was because he didn't agree with you? :>

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Dook_Pug

He thinks they were shit, opinions don't have to be constructive. Or mebbe it was because he didn't agree with you? :>
No, opinions don't have to be positive to be relevant but fact is frs never says anything other than 'lol shit' so tbh....

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Dook_Pug

Nope, the discussion was asking if anyone saw them at the Mean Fiddler in London, as he saw them in Finland it wasn't really relevant to the conversation was it ;)

Also he hardly expanded on why he thought they were shite and, as I said, this was a discussion on their performance last Sunday night.

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by cadiva
Nope, the discussion was asking if anyone saw them at the Mean Fiddler in London, as he saw them in Finland it wasn't really relevant to the conversation was it ;)
You were more than happy to babble about their DVD, new album etc etc. how are they relevant to the gig in England?

There's plenty of difference between Over the Hills and Far Away and Century Child

Probably because Over the hills and far away is a cover song, so its not made by them :>

Only reason you started whining is cause I didnt agree with you, and still dont.

Shit band and the only (and hopefully last) gig I saw was also shit.

E

Eleasias

Oh and btw, the singer is the worst part of the band. Whingy little biatch. Should have a proper singer so all the good instrument playing wouldnt go to a waste.

Just for comparsion:

Nightwish - Oceanborn - 03 - Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean.

the start singing by the guy is awesome then the whole album is ruined by that screetching whine.

(I also hate them for being such mainstream shit everyone mentions [just like Children of Bodom, and sadly, Dimmu Borgir which is a great band] when they wanna be "tough")

C

cadiva

You were more than happy to babble about their DVD, new album etc etc. how are they relevant to the gig in England?

- Because Bels asked about whether there was a new album out - you obviously failed to read that bit. -

Probably because Over the hills and far away is a cover song, so its not made by them :>

Again, you obviously failed to read the discussion between myself and Bels as we were comparing CDs and not individual tracks - ie the whole of the Over the Hills and Far Away album is quite different to the Century Child album. -

Only reason you started whining is cause I didnt agree with you, and still dont.

- At no point did I whine, I pointed out you had failed to add anything constructive to the debate. That is not a whine, if I was whineing I would have just said fuck off Eleasias.

C

cadiva

Oh and btw, the singer is the worst part of the band. Whingy little biatch. Should have a proper singer so all the good instrument playing wouldnt go to a waste.

Just for comparsion:

Nightwish - Oceanborn - 03 - Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean.

the start singing by the guy is awesome then the whole album is ruined by that screetching whine.

(I also hate them for being such mainstream shit everyone mentions [just like Children of Bodom, and sadly, Dimmu Borgir which is a great band] when they wanna be "tough")

Now you see, if you had done that in the first place, that would have been constructive criticism and an example of your opinion instead you just chose the easy option of saying they are shite.

O

old.LandShark

Hmmmmmm, do I trust Arnor's usually impeccable musical taste and download that, or do I just go on believing that I'll never be able to like Nightwish....
Decisions, decisions.

B

Belsameth

oder Rotting Christ is quite good.

I also cleaned the thread a bit, and deleted all irrelevant posts. "nazi mod" flames can be delivered at the usual adress :)

as for Nightwish, I really believe it's one of those bands that has to be apreciated live, the albums don't really do it for me. as polished as the music is, it feels somewhat empty. tho I must say I absolutely adore Sleeping Sun!

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Belsameth
as for Nightwish, I really believe it's one of those bands that has to be apreciated live, the albums don't really do it for me. as polished as the music is, it feels somewhat empty. tho I must say I absolutely adore Sleeping Sun!

Yep would wholeheartedly agree with you here. They were so much better live than on any of the albums. Was a great rappor going with the crowd although they could have played longer but I guess it was Sunday night ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom