so anyone checked the new anime mmo ?

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
www.rf-onlinegame.com

it looks damn nice , wonder if it will be fun though ;) i'm a anime fanatic been way before the naruto hysteri ! so this looka awsome for me as a gundam/robotech fanatic :)

still waiting for eu-release this summer though....

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
been released in Uk already. check play.com and you should be able to buy it there.

Light

Loyal Freddie
played it for a few weeks, looked nice - got really bored takes serious levelling of not just char but skills (PT's).

Didnt like PVP only really zergy pvp as you can use heal pots with virtually no delay so if you fight 1v1 etc it comes down to who has less heal pots than the other or cba to fight anymore(and you tend to carry hundreds so...)

no matter what mmo i try always end up back at daoc for some reason..

Tag

Fledgling Freddie
If you are planning to play I'd suggest going through the server forums first - population imbalances between the 3 factions have all but killed the game on some servers.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
DocWolfe said:
so codemasters dropped Dragon Empires for this?

Exactly. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah etc. DE was a game with such promise and I can't believe they canned it so far into development.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
The games been reviewed in the latest PC Zone magazine aswell.Did`nt score very well

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Tryed the beta and the game looks cool. But I thought the UI and the movement in game sucked and the grinding at higher level is endless. The kill stealing was rather a rule than not. Very hard to form exp groups cos you couldnt tell the level on your race mates. And the PvP was desinged for big scale battle (zerg) and you could carry several hundreds of 2k hp pots. So I didnt go on with it.

And the game have been out world wide for over a month now.

RF-Online Official Forum

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Naa no more "new" mmorpg for atleast until WAR comes out... atm am enjoying EVE :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
it got trashed in every review i have read.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
give it 3 months then play it if you have to a friend got it and he said that basically they are still working on the game. that you HAVE to do certain things to level up and it is boring.

No quests no real end game no reason to play.

I played it and it had some nice touches however you cant see mobs until your practically on top of them, although you want to pvp you cant until you get at least 35 (for the first summon/armour/giant robot)

Unfortunatly i can see this game being marred by being rushed out to compete with other new games and not being complete so that new players join the game go "this isnt finished im not playing this" and leaving.

Btw eve is boring :D

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Well I have a level 40 Distroyer and a 30 Speicalist in teh game and im curently takes a break, the XPing 40+ Is L2 for people that have played it getting 40 to 42 in this game is the same as Xping to level 50 In DAOC is not for pople that dont have a lot of time, the population imballances are unreal as most of the people wanna play Bellato or Cora, Bellato have a big advantage early on in teh game which has anoying a lot of people but this Evens out @ 50.

Where as the Xping in the game altho very slow in l8er levels is no where near as bad as XPING PT's / Skills where in DAOC you train skills in RF you have to use then over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to level them whish is as hardcore if not more then xping,

The one major draw back is eveyone looks the same altho each race looks very differnt eveyone on that race looks the same.

Now the good think about this game and what has kept me playing is teh PvP whch I find fun. but some fights esp 1 v 1 can take upto 10 to 30min lol. cba to expain why its its just the way the game works, its designed for 8v8 / RvRvR (Chip wars)

if you are intrested I would look at teh Codemaster forum.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=280

Quests in the game are given to you while you play no going back to NPC's etc. one big let down is this game is there is no lore :/ but Endgame is all PvP / RvRvR and Guild vs Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom