So...1.8

DjSatansfury

Regular Freddie
So whats going to happen when 1.8 comes out? Will we see a new world, or a wipe of the exisiting?

I ask because apparently the new features such as mob generated villages, and natural landscaping (rivers etc) will not be available in old worlds. If the chunks in that area were generated before 1.8, they just wont exist.

So whats the plan, batman?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The bug thread touches the topic like TdC at a ladyboy in taiwan, lightly gracing, but the jist is this;

Will try to save everyones work.

If it's possible remains to be seen, but Cho is working on it and will let peeps know asap.

Either we get a new world with imported buildings, or the new style areas unlock when exploring this world.

Also possible to create a new land via a portal that has these new aspects.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
So here is my solution! I will turn Northland into a gigantic crater using my ion cannon mod!

These are my real solutions

1: Leave the old worlds as it is(The new stuff will be generated as we explore more in 1.8)

2: Leave the old worlds, and apply a new world aswell generated from the 1.8 version.

3: Use my mcedit skills, to move structures from the old world to the new

Blodappelsin

Loyal Freddie
Seems to me that alternative 2 is best. 3 is somewhat nice as well, but requires a lot of work for chosen, also some structures could potentially be difficult to place.

With alternative 2, we can sort of colonize a new world, and still build in the old world. I don't want to lose the old buildings either. Alternative 1 will happen anyway, when people explore more. Could always use the nether to get far away as well, that was originally my plan.

I'm looking forward to 1.8. For those of you that don't know, Mojang has leaked a pre-release here if people want to try it in single player. Looks like a good update, but there are still bugs, and lower fps. Will probably be more polished when it's officially released. Be sure to back up 1.7.3 tho, you can't play on the server with 1.8 yet.

Short instructions to try it;
1. Hit the Windows button on your keyboard + R at the same time
2. Type %appdata%
3. Locate your .minecraft folder
4. Go to your bin folder located in the .minecraft folder
5. Download the new Minecraft.jar and drag it into the bin folder
6. Remove and Replace with the old one.

Note: If your old 1.7.3 jar still has mods on it that you don't want to re-add, make a backup.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I'd be interesting in joining the FH server if you're starting over :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
If you do end up starting over, I'd love to get a copy before the wipe!

- English -

Resident Freddy
would perhaps give it another go with Louise if you start over again .. i think it got silly after broville, I have something like 500 diamonds so theres no initiive to carry on since i felt that was the main objective.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I haven't built much really, not in comparison to others anyway! My opinion anyway.

While I think it would be a shame to lose some of the fantastic buildings that are dotted about the place, half of the fun is the planning and the building imo. Would it really hurt to lose everything and start again?

On a side note, I would really like a copy of the current world too if possible, I would like to see how some of it works without worrying about breaking other peoples creations.

Lorric

One of Freddy's beloved
would perhaps give it another go with Louise if you start over again .. i think it got silly after broville, I have something like 500 diamonds so theres no initiive to carry on since i felt that was the main objective.

Its not about who has the most diamonds its about building stuff no? some of the people have builts some great buildings seems a shame to delete them all.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
2 or 3 i'd say Cho, people have spent wayyyy too many hours on some of the stuff on the server to just wipe away but also it'd be nice to get the new stuff on existing terrain also :p

Thus I vote for 2 or 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom