Sneaking onto the server and X-realming

Corran

Part of the furniture
sshot038.jpg

'tis not me.. honest

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Yup albs are so underpowered they need to group with vampiirs in the frontier :)

Guess this is part of the reason why the servers are still down ?

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Hax indeed :p Shars are dirteh dirteh ppl!

/Dracus

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Remember the introduction of battlegroups, once managed to join the Albion dragonraid :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Oh and for you pryd hibs... No more complaining about GoP zerging you as the picture shows it is a hibernian guild (Lvl 20 enchanter = GoP Guildmaster while he was in it) .

This means... no more Alaron whine :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
First pryd player on the island!?

So ... i thought... while i was at it i would take Cryotek the smurf to visit somewhere new, and no doubt he became the first person to pass the Albion milegate :D

sshot160.jpg

Would love to explore the island more.. but as i werent meant to be on in first place (somehow character loaded up while server down) and not wanting to slow it down i logged back off.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
All i sense with this new island is that albs/hibs/mids willl just camp mile gates standing on top just waiting to farm the any inc people.
Or no one will want to leave their own milegate, so it will be like the bridge situation where the zerg camps it or when they all move they move as a zerg rather than afew soloers running off.

It's not going to be very nice for soloers imo, just FG's and zergs, but imo it will just end up being a zerg fest. Like insta RVR 24/7.:mad:

If you havent already noticed im not really looking forward to this. Think it's just gonna feck it up even more for people who try to solo since it's all open, and probably everyone will camp milegates which will make RVR so dull.:mad:

Dorimor1

Banned
brad said:
All i sense with this new island is that albs/hibs/mids willl just camp mile gates standing on top just waiting to farm the any inc people.

Thats what we love about OF.

I don't think the hardcore players will like it much, but will certainly bring back memories and get casual players back into RvR (as many people I know have just given up with RvR)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
unbuffed sorc without MOC+SOI lifetap, damn should have ....

cya out in the frontier :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
unbuffed sorc without MOC+SOI lifetap, damn should have ....

cya out in the frontier :)

Got SoI and lifetap... on my rvr bar (qbar10) but as i knew was nothing to attack i left it on epic pve/buffing bars :p

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
Or no one will want to leave their own milegate, so it will be like the bridge situation where the zerg camps it or when they all move they move as a zerg rather than afew soloers running off.

It's not going to be very nice for soloers imo, just FG's and zergs, but imo it will just end up being a zerg fest. Like insta RVR 24/7.:mad:

If you havent already noticed im not really looking forward to this. Think it's just gonna feck it up even more for people who try to solo since it's all open, and probably everyone will camp milegates which will make RVR so dull.:mad:

I played with the Island for a few weeks on my US accounts, and with a population of maybe 1.5k peak on the cluster, there wasn't really much action on the island, and DEFINITELY not at the milegates.

The island was used mostly for groups to move between realms, as using the island to get to the enemy realm gives the possibility of meeting enemies on the way, which boating doesn't. Also stealthzergs like to camp the ends of the bridges for solo stealthers to come along.

Then again I'm talking about US servers, where in my experience people did nothing but take towers and keeps, the whole point of NF. Over here with the leet guild groups and such, can't say how it will be.

I had a couple of fun runs on the island with my chanter, and the island is pretty big to run around without speed or even worse stealthed. I was pretty miffed that we didn't get any MG standoffs like in OF :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom