Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

R

Roo Stercogburn

Ok its supposed to be a roleplaying game in a Medieval/Celtic/Norse setting. But...

You ever done hunts "in the style of..." type things.

On a hunt through Spind recently, someone made a US Marine style comment and that was it - from then on it was army-speak all the way and pretty bloody funny. Trow room = target rich environment, Crusher = enemy armour. Asking a troll "Damo, you ever been mistaken for a man?" and stuff like that.

We've had hunts where in the middle of it someone says "next 5 mins, everyone speaks in the style of Jar Jar Binks ("Meesa lamer cgi char, meesa gonna pull Jotun").

Another one you had to speak in the style of a bad guy in a James Bond film ("Do you expect me to pull that mob?" "No Mr. Haegl, I expect you to die.")

Anyone else do stupidity like this?

Or is it time for the rubber room?

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Well, trows spawn as pairs quite close together in Spindelhalla; one particular instance they looked like they were mating so the group started acting like it was in an adult flick.

There were semi-witty lines (from yours truly) like "Take off your trow-sers", but eventually the easy punchlines that were basically crude and obscene started taking over.

D

Draylor

Your definitely losing your mind - welcome to insanity :)

K

Kagato.

Heheh sounds fun.

Closest we've had is moments of constant Monty Python quotes, which can get rather annoying after the first half-hour.

B

Brevis

Pirate talk....
Arrrrhhh matey, me sailed the seven seas and svabbed the decks on me wooden leg arrrh <makes hook-like thingie with my index finger and twitches one eye>

B

Blood

done it a few times in spindel and malmo, and its really great..

Espicially i like those 6am 6 players left groups pulling execs at lair, everyone is in overgear from insomnia, the survival of the group depending on a single root/mezz not to be resisted.. pull after pull :) and everyone is just gung ho,

yells FASTER PULLS
*kicks the dead drakulv out of the way
yells bring more loot
says damn i wish we could chainpull albs like this

not as much roleplaying as your examples, but enough to give it a fun edge,

I even remember relic raids where people have begun reinacting monty python scetches in /say and /yell :) to make the trip trough enemy territory less boring

R

Roo Stercogburn

One we degenerate into a lot is Star Wars:

"Thats no tree, thats a space station!"

"You pulling with root or just using the Force?!!!"

"Its a crit! Negative, it just impacted on the surface"

and of course, just before pull...

"Red 5 standing by"

O

Ottar

> "Red 5 standing by"

;)

Well.. once upon a time in trow rooms, latenight expgroups at 7 in the morning, all pretty much past exhaustion.. the common theme there was “ORBS!” Remember those control orbs the bastards drop in abundant quantities instead of useful stuff like armor or weapons?

“We the people demand more orbs!”
“Petition Mythic to speed up the orb production!”
“You’ll never guess what dropped just now! An orb!!”

Some people actually made a competition out of how many orbs they had in their posession ;)

Ottar

S

sendar

lol

I had an evening with a friend as batman and robin....

"Holy pigmey batman! theres loads of them!"

"correct boy wonder! they shal pay for their crimes!"

<zock>
<pow>
<zowiee>
<the pigmey dies>

"wow batman, you sure showed him"

"yes, crime never pays boy wonder"

<picks up the loot>

"To the bat cave!!!"

edit: typo's Even batman cant type....

O