Smithy Olivar in Caer Caddug

P

Puppetmistress

I heard rumours from various sources he drops some nice stuff (incl. a friar staff).

Me like glowies, me want it :)

Happily I tried to camp Smithy Olivar (orange-con to 50) but he hits like a damn truck (350 on my friar sometimes, ouch!) and has a shitload of hp.

So far I managed to kill him 5 times, 2x a ROG-drop (with nice stats, but nothing special) and 3x nothing (yeah bag of coins).

Anyone who did the same and can either confirm he drops or tells me he didn't drop despite killing him a zillion times?

The hammer he uses is like nice glow and stuff, but alot of mobs use glowers and never drop something like that and vice versa.

Can't find reliable information about Smithy Olivar on Internet, anyone happen to know more?

thnx

P.S. Killing him solo = fight, IP, fight some more, hope to land counter-evade for good snare on him, run... Either heal yourselves or FA2 and continue fighting lol....

D

dimerian

Might come aid ye with meh pala if he drops something else too :>

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by dimerian
Might come aid ye with meh pala if he drops something else too :>

Cool.. But so far only crap and his respawn timer is silly :(

Have waited a few times after killing him, after 2,5 hours still no repop or repop after 2 minutes..

And that Lord Caddug (level 68 by the books) is a bitch, tried him (hey I was bored :p) but he teleports you away and I took 50% falling damage with that little trick he pulled on me, ouch :(

D

dakeyras

We had a little run up there after doing a Guildies epic.

Killed smithy twice and got a BoC drop each time.

Took Lord Caddug down after a struggle (1.5fg) and he dropped zilch.

Really not worth it. He is as hard as Moran imo and in addition 'sweeps you off the ledge'. Nice to kill him once but I wouldn't go back.

J

jaina

killed smithy a few times with necro, but only got 1 non-rog item but cant remember what it was (guess it was a mace)

anyway, must have been crap cause i salvaged it

on a side note:

1 time he killed my pet and i started to run and he chased me across 2 zones all the way to goth harbor!!

D

[DK]hakke

Shimmering Arcane Scimitar 99 qual. And a hammer i think.
And some more stuff.

S

Solstice

Originally posted by jaina

on a side note:

1 time he killed my pet and i started to run and he chased me across 2 zones all the way to goth harbor!!

hahaa that reminds me about those ghost pallies (a named, tougher one, and 2-3 adds) near Ft. Gwyntell, they were neutral to my mincer but i was there with a guildie pallie and they were aggro to him. Those ghost pallies attacked my guildie so i helped him and they started chasing us all over SI, first of all we tried to get cover at Ft. Gwyntel (some guards there) and those fecking ghosts killed all guards and got inside, we kept running (no chance to take horse cause they were too close and they hit like a monster truck). Finally (after 15 mins running all around the place with those mobs throwing us some kind of dots) I managed to play speed song and we got some distance. We reached Wearyall running and we were like rofl wtf r those mobs?. We sit for a while and we were thinking about coming back when... guess what? the ghost pallie army reached Wearyall, omfg!! we took the horse to Goth and ported to Albion, I'm still scared when i get too close to Gwyntel :D

O

old.shotgunstow

Farmed him a lot last patch, so unless the drops have been changed he only drops shite :) Although apparently they have been. So... Athis get your account back ;)

And yes the re-spawn timer is anything from 2 mins to 7 hours I think, so infrequent at best.

S

swords

They realy should look at adding some special drops to these so called epic mobs in SI. there are quite a few named mobs around but they mostly drop ROG stuff or complete shite.

Seems like a wasted opportunity to include a new glowy weapon or someting a little out of the ordinary, even if the stats arent the best around.

N

NightyP

I solo'd him no prob =/ but when he did get past block and parry he hit me like a double decker bus :D

C

~Clarky~

i think they moved the Smithy drops to Lord Cadugg .. not sure though

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by NightyP
I solo'd him no prob =/ but when he did get past block and parry he hit me like a double decker bus :D

And you got chain which is resistant to crush (he's hammering), go figure how it hurted my leather ass :p

P.S. Gave up on Smithy when he dropped again totally nothing :/

N

NightyP

Athis *another friar) dragged me to come help her kill it...we never got the glowie tho :(

Y

-yoda-

aye smith drops a nice glowy staff (looks a bit like Dbb) scorned burnt branch or summink like that its called .aparantly v v rare drop

S

sugah

Originally posted by Solstice
hahaa that reminds me about those ghost pallies (a named, tougher one, and 2-3 adds) near Ft. Gwyntell, they were neutral to my mincer but i was there with a guildie pallie and they were aggro to him. Those ghost pallies attacked my guildie so i helped him and they started chasing us all over SI, first of all we tried to get cover at Ft. Gwyntel (some guards there) and those fecking ghosts killed all guards and got inside, we kept running (no chance to take horse cause they were too close and they hit like a monster truck). Finally (after 15 mins running all around the place with those mobs throwing us some kind of dots) I managed to play speed song and we got some distance. We reached Wearyall running and we were like rofl wtf r those mobs?. We sit for a while and we were thinking about coming back when... guess what? the ghost pallie army reached Wearyall, omfg!! we took the horse to Goth and ported to Albion, I'm still scared when i get too close to Gwyntel :D

Lol i can remember sitting crafting in goth harbour and all of a sudden the high level family started attacking the gaurds there. Me and half the guild we're like WTF there a long way from home. They would of taken over goth harbour if it wasn't for a few of us fighting back lol.

A

Athis

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
So... Athis get your account back ;)

Feel free to force GOA to fix the subs page properly :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom