Smite or enhance?

Mishal

Fledgling Freddie
Okay guys.. I got a question, what kind of cleric would u like in a rvr grp? Ofc High Rej for the healing, but would u like a cleric with smite or enhancement in your grp?

Mishal

mmmpie

Fledgling Freddie
Enh ofc....coz u a high rej cleric....wont help if u smite instead!
if u got a few spare secs in a combat where u dont have 2 heal...then stun em instead! xD

And the group benefit from decent resist then!

/Mmm

kilroy

Banned
40 enh 36 rej 4 smire and warlord plzktnx. afaik im only warlord cleric on excal (thats active). wasn't 100% keen on it at first but now i love. learning to use all the abilities to max effect in fights and tbh i offers so much utility, and perfectly plausable when u consider mid grps run with 1 perf too

kirennia

Part of the furniture
kilroy said:
40 enh 36 rej 4 smire and warlord plzktnx. afaik im only warlord cleric on excal (thats active). wasn't 100% keen on it at first but now i love. learning to use all the abilities to max effect in fights and tbh i offers so much utility, and perfectly plausable when u consider mid grps run with 1 perf too

I'm warlord also with an offensive template :p Beginning to think about speccing back since mythic completely screwed up 'cowering bellow' in this patch :(

Mishal

Fledgling Freddie
kilroy said:

Is 36 Rej enough for RvR? I'v been told to get around 40 to get 2nd spread heal (39) etc..

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Enhance is preferable over smite. (of cause Rej wins over both for importance).

Personally I quite enjoy playing my buff bot occasionally, even if you don't win the fight you get the satisfaction of having stripped the enemies buffs and dooming them :flame:

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Well a group needs 2 clerics.
I would say 1 cleric with 40enh 36rej and 1 cleric with 40rej and 36 enh

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
50 enhance di3 + ml10 spymaster in group ftw

whats the point of warlord with line being so buggy (afaik)

with the game being all about interrupt today , i laugh at people saying that "r/e is the way to go xDxDxD" :x
with smite line having insta pbae mez 5m rut insta pbae dd 30sec rut ae dd and some low delve dd why not having one cleric in group smite as long as u know other is r/e ofc
sure ~ the advantages of r/e are much more especially 40e36r altho i prefer myself the 41r35e spec now that mythic has favoured single targe spec heals
personally i wouldnt spec smite altho i have a few skill stones free - i dont play the char as much as i was in the past - prolly would just spec for the hell of it ;)

Mishal

Fledgling Freddie
How much better is 2nd (39) spread heal compared to the first (30)?

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I personaly liked playing my smite cleric in RvR... but then that was prior to ToA so I have no idea how they handly now.

Still, I had a buffbot for my smite cleric. Made a perfect stealther hunter. To bad I couldn't see the faces of the SB's and NS's who first /waved at the solo cleric then saw the Red AE Mezz icon on there screen.

"Look, solo cleric.... CRAP, smiter.... /release"

Erulin

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
toxii said:
with the game being all about interrupt today , i laugh at people saying that "r/e is the way to go xDxDxD" :x
with smite line having insta pbae mez 5m rut insta pbae dd 30sec rut ae dd and some low delve dd why not having one cleric in group smite as long as u know other is r/e ofc

Urm...

With most r/e specs you still get PBAE mez, insta dd, single target dd...but you also get buffsheers which interrupt...so actually, more interrupts with r/e than r/s.

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
As soon as a cleric spec smite he thinks he can kill stuff so dont spec smite. Buffshear is more usefull.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
depends if you knwo you will have a enchance cleric in grp or not
Same situation as a aug/pac healer :)
warlord depends if you have a perf in grp or not

Enhance cleric is needed in grp for resists, one cleric in the grp needs to have perf :) I personally am going smite because i enjoy it :p and warlord since every other cleric seems to go Perf (prolly for pve purposes).

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
need enhance on both clerics, shears and rebuff if someone dies!

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
Well for every group 2 clerics are well needed..
I'd say 1 at least 41 reju cleric and 1 at least 40 enhance cleric, as stated by Kelio.

Personally I'd go for the 40 enhance spec 36 reju, gives you a little bit more utility and different tasks in rvr besides healing and ressing. shear buff and resist bot + buffer up when people die. Shear buff with moc sounds cool :D

You will still have the big heal at reduced pow cost, spreadheal 1 and group insta at 75%.

As for the ML path. Im tempted to spec out of perfecter and go warlord.. and try split ML and split spec clerics in our guildgroups. Think that would provide some nice utility.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
Urm...

With most r/e specs you still get PBAE mez, insta dd, single target dd...but you also get buffsheers which interrupt...so actually, more interrupts with r/e than r/s.

u do really?
check again http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Cleric

remember that u need efficient heals + efficient smite , grey pbae mez gets resisted more often than cleric rr5 ra :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the insta pbaoe is handy for pets/zo'akart etc.

interesting spec I saw was: 40e 30r 20s

enhance cleric with a slightly-longer-than-3s mezz and the first spreadheal.

though tbh 31r 18s might be better as then your aoe interrupt smite won't cost as much mana ;)

or 42e 30r 15s, get the top acuity but lose the level 17 pbaoedd.

Mishal

Fledgling Freddie
Well lvl 17 pbaoedd is hardly worth it? I'm gonna grp with at least 1 icewizz most of my rvr time i think.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mishal said:
Well lvl 17 pbaoedd is hardly worth it? I'm gonna grp with at least 1 icewizz most of my rvr time i think.

and if he's interrupted/dead? :)

not really sure how many hp an unbuffed grey druid pet has, if we can work that out then it'll say whether there's any point in going 17 over the lower level one.
(they both work for interrupts after all)

Mishal

Fledgling Freddie
True enough.. btw i'v been thinking about 40 ench 25 rej 9 smite..

That will give me decent ench decent healing and 11s insta mezz

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Kwidz said:
need enhance on both clerics, shears and rebuff if someone dies!
mids buffshear and rebuff with 1 shaman :rolleyes:
so no you dont need 2 clerics to buffshear and rebuff if the enchance one is doing his/her job properly

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mishal said:
True enough.. btw i'v been thinking about 40 ench 25 rej 9 smite..

That will give me decent ench decent healing and 11s insta mezz

35r I assume you mean? :)

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
/applaud

Excellent spec Mishal ( be it it is 35 rej instead of 25 :p)

I have exactly the same spec, and with + 15 smite you still do about ~ 125 damage :D

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
mids buffshear and rebuff with 1 shaman :rolleyes:
so no you dont need 2 clerics to buffshear and rebuff if the enchance one is doing his/her job properly

i mean no smite one 40 enhance one 36, and yes they have 3 healers also so the shaman can only concentate on interuppt and shear, cleric need to heal aswell so 2 sheares aint that bad...

kilroy

Banned
Mishal said:
Is 36 Rej enough for RvR? I'v been told to get around 40 to get 2nd spread heal (39) etc..

who told u 36 rej wasn't enough ? :s give em a slap imo, ofc its enough, has been for 3 years. with 25% healing and relics (+ 12% from moh3 if your a pr0 gimp speccer like me) then its seems rather stupid to go 40 rej other than the 100% rezz. 40 enh adds so much more utility to the grp, BB battle buffs, buffshears etc.

toxii said:
Quote:
u do really?
check again http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Cleric

remember that u need efficient heals + efficient smite , grey pbae mez gets resisted more often than cleric rr5 ra

why do u need efficient smite ? was of spec points unless you want to be a smite cleric, grey pbae mezz gets resisted 50% of the time in my experience (not that it should be used for mezing neway.. its an interupt tool) and fyi the cleric rr5 RA procs loads. had a duel vs another cleric and while active it procced 10+ times

kilroy

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
and if he's interrupted/dead? :)

not really sure how many hp an unbuffed grey druid pet has, if we can work that out then it'll say whether there's any point in going 17 over the lower level one.
(they both work for interrupts after all)

afaik the 17 or so DD's can kill zo pets in 1? and its a handy interupter neway on a 20 sec recast

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom