Smite cler for solo/duo

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I've decided to respec my cler for fun.. I've been talking to another cler friend of mine who is specced 42enhance 33rejuv. If I go 38enhance, 37smite and 9~ish rejuv I'd be able to shear ppl, have decent buffs and do decent dmg and have really crappy heals :D

Don't really have a smite template atm as I am using Eggy's temp. I'm just gonna swap EoY for AT and then not really do anything else as I just wanna rvr, NOW!

Anyone got any idea's for spec or even template if you think I am just gonna suck big time, feel free to share it :)

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
Id sugest smite/rejuv - and a bb. Then duo with a bg'er

lynetje

Fledgling Freddie
45 smite fornthe win with a bb its real hard for solo hibs or mids to kick your as

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
44s 30r 8e is a nice smite spec (top "long" ranged nuke, spreadheal)

Shearing then smiting could be interesting but you'll be relying on MoC pretty much all the time and with no instaheals to keep you alive while doing it....

Give it a shot ;) just have a respec stnoe or two handy :D

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Coming from one of the smiters with most experience on dyvet i wanna save you alot of grief.

1st That spec is NOT gonna work. It will make ppl mad cuz you sheared them before you died. The only viable spec is high smite (45+ i am 47) and the rest in rejuv. I have 27 in rejuv and that gives you 2xinstas which you will need.

2nd You need a proper temp for it also and Eggys doesnt cut it. I have a new one which i could send you. Just need some last revisions from friends on it.

3rd Best duo partner is not a BG char but someone with range and speed ie thuerg/sorc.

4th You need proper RA set up for smite aswell.

I have moslty solod from rr4 to rr6l7 and its been alot of /rel -> rebuff -> reboat but also had some amazing fights which makes all worth.

and finaly hope you have alch on your acc cuz you burn power regen / end regen like madness

Hope this did scare you off

/haddaway

CorNokZ

Hi Beltorak, how are you? :D

I've already done the respec and doing about 350dmg with the lvl 35 smite, which isn't bad imo.. As I don't have a bb, I find it hard to live without the enhancement, specially since most of the ppl I know with bbs on Dyvet either quit or moved on :(

Got a respec stone around somewhere, so might go for the 47 smite just for pure evil :flame:

I'd like to see the temp you got Beltorak if it isn't too much trouble

@Flim: Yea, that's what I thought.. Hopefully get the jump to shear a few buffs, stun and just smite to death, which would be alot of fun! If it worked ofc..

And no I don't have an alch, which I just realised is a fucking shame :( How much skill you need to craft lvl40 pots?

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
I RoX as always :p

Temp is for 1.87 (unless you wanna craft sigil MP armour :XD ) and the only thing in temp that is pricy is the Lighning Etched Chain Sleeves (but they are alot chearper now) and you need epic pants aswell.

Artis are:
AT, JS, CS, EP, GoV, (Battler/SoTG 2hand slot), CTR.

350ish dmg is not gonna do it i am afraid :/ My point is that you have 9 sec to dish out enough dmg to kill or cripple em completly , also with moc3 (wich is a must) you will be even worse of dmg wise.

Even RAs must be focused on dmg like mom and wp. Currently i have moc3 , purge1, dex3, longwind1, mom2,wp1,wh1 i think

So bye bye Pr1 , Mcl, DI, bof etc there is just not room for it. Oh ya you MUST be ML10 Warlord.

So ur grp utility is significantly gimped compared to a classic 40e 36r perfector.

Dont know how l33t you wanna be with your temp but i am using omni procs on armour and you need/want cure deseace charges on shield (no need for omni proc there).

You need 800ish on an alch to make the pots me thinks, not sure i borrow my mates acc he is 1100 so nps there.

Finaly i realy do think you need a BB or use the champ bracer/rings they have dex/qui and str/con charges. Gonna cost trillions of cash to recharge though :p

my 2 cents

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
this might sound a bit harsh, but with the ammount of nerfing that smite clerics got, its quite useless to respec a cleric to smite, best way to , delete YES, if you are that bored of the class tbh

if you wanna play a cleric in a duo even with a tank (bg toon etc), pls consider that enh/reju gives much more util to grp than the useless smite/rej spec

let us look at the subject with more attention

here you can see that both the spec and base dd of the cleric is 3sec cast, unlike any other casters' ingame spec dd that has a 2,5-2,6 cast timer,

also, incase you dont know , cleric, unlike most other casters, doesnt have dex as primary stat, meaning that at level 50 he is gonna have 23 less dex than any other pure caster
last but not least, cleric does not get affected by acuity buff, therefore his dmg wont change if he has more acuity, unlike pure casters

so, cleric cannot outdmg a moc3 caster, and certainly cleric cannot outdmg a melee character

what's the point then ?

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
I am well aware of the flaws in a smite cleric:

* You cant access the sub-classing of Aocalyte (spelling ? :XD ) to get the resists

* The champ stats on the mace should be changed to +4 range -> +4 dmg as a option

* You have 0% to crit as base unlike "casters" how have 10%

* You have no QuickCast or ranged instas

But why play one? Its a challange to take something meant to be a supportclass and try and turn it into a killer.

Edit: Oh ya but what do i know about clerics........

./hugz mega

Myth: Paladins cannot deal damage (or was it Tip? :>)

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
You REALLY shouldnt go enhance/smite spec. If you do, you shouldnt use it for shear, beacuse that will no matter what make people kill and add on sight. Nothing is more lame than end up after a fight with 2-3 buffs left.

CorNokZ

Well, after a few tests, I am gonna try the 44smite/30rejuv, because the dmg just isn't high enough for me(I am used to my rr8 fire wizard :D)!

Got around 40plats to spend on template, so if anyone has a really nice smite cleric template, feel free to post it :)

My current template is complete, so might already have some of the items

Champion Video
Kan du ikke finde en ny host til din champ vid? Filefront er QQ ;(

Ging

Part of the furniture
this might sound a bit harsh, but with the ammount of nerfing that smite clerics got, its quite useless to respec a cleric to smite, best way to , delete YES, if you are that bored of the class tbh

if you wanna play a cleric in a duo even with a tank (bg toon etc), pls consider that enh/reju gives much more util to grp than the useless smite/rej spec

let us look at the subject with more attention

here you can see that both the spec and base dd of the cleric is 3sec cast, unlike any other casters' ingame spec dd that has a 2,5-2,6 cast timer,

also, incase you dont know , cleric, unlike most other casters, doesnt have dex as primary stat, meaning that at level 50 he is gonna have 23 less dex than any other pure caster
last but not least, cleric does not get affected by acuity buff, therefore his dmg wont change if he has more acuity, unlike pure casters

so, cleric cannot outdmg a moc3 caster, and certainly cleric cannot outdmg a melee character

what's the point then ?

such a stressy bitch!!!!!

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Well, after a few tests, I am gonna try the 44smite/30rejuv, because the dmg just isn't high enough for me(I am used to my rr8 fire wizard :D)!

Got around 40plats to spend on template, so if anyone has a really nice smite cleric template, feel free to post it :)

My current template is complete, so might already have some of the items

Kan du ikke finde en ny host til din champ vid? Filefront er QQ ;(

den er et par år gammel, men hvis du ka finde en som gider host ka det måske lade sig gøre..

Vegedk

Fledgling Freddie
its danish gingy u dont wanna know :p and bambi roll a mauler like the rest of the realm.. /yawn

CorNokZ

its danish gingy u dont wanna know :p and bambi roll a mauler like the rest of the realm.. /yawn

Indeed, it's dirty danish talking :D

And I don't wanna be fotm like the rest..

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
Diffrent, fun, challenging, why not try it? Anything but fotm is pointless?

you make it sound like it's fun to have a release macro on keyboard
smite cleric is free rp vs pure casters? you just die when he uses qc if he has half a brain cell ^^

But why play one? Its a challange to take something meant to be a supportclass and try and turn it into a killer.

Edit: Oh ya but what do i know about clerics........

try harder then, used to play smite cleric prenerf, i can imagine how it is now after all the nerfs

didnt question your knowledge tho, im amazed you use such low e-peen contest measures to prove your point, thought you had class

such a stressy bitch!!!!!
hey luv, hows the lady doing ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
I went smite recently. At rr11, u can wtfpwn quite affectively apart from heavy tanks.(i did have a few threads in rvr section on this)

smite lifetap ftw !

Tox, your xp in this is so old school, sush !!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
You REALLY shouldnt go enhance/smite spec. If you do, you shouldnt use it for shear, beacuse that will no matter what make people kill and add on sight. Nothing is more lame than end up after a fight with 2-3 buffs left.

Yes it is, buff shearing is the greatest thing ever to be introduced to Daoc , in fact they shuld make it so that one spell shears ALL the buffs off the person, then maybe one day people will stop using bots in RvR and maybe some of us less fourtunate to not own one will maybe stand a chance hmm :)

I shear every mofo i see on my cleric :p

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
smite lifetap ftw !

Tox, your xp in this is so old school, sush !!

lajftap lajftap, i have overpowered lajftap !

oldschool is leet tho, no ? ;(

bah cba to renew bb to try, just so you stfu :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom