TV Smallville season 8 [Finale]

Gray

FH is my second home
Smallville has been one of the more consistant shows over the past couple of months, even years. I find it is still getting better and better as each season progresses.

Hopefully they have word when Season 9 is coming out, i neeeeed it!

Actually thought there was a thread on Smallville already, but i guess it was a bit in the Heroes section.

Nice season finale, i hope this means they're going to be working on another couple of seasons now.

But still, it didnt quite live up to the expectations that i set before the show. I expected an epic battle between Clark and Doomsday, and while it was awesome seeing Clark getting beaten up, the scene lasted all of 2minutes. And that was it.

That was a massive letdown overall, but the episode itself was very good.

Gutted to see "old" Jimmy getting killed off, he certainly was one of the cast i least expected to actually die. The way he died was good though, showing that even though Doomsday had split from Davis, Davis still had a bit of ruthless killing still in him.

I wonder what Lois is going to see in this future that she has gone into, a land ruled by Kryptonians, or maybe even going to see this Legion.

Clark deciding to cut ties [Temporarily] with his human emotions could be epic if he does go up against Davis/Zod.

Disapointed at the lack of John Jones though, thought he would have made an appearence.

Anyway. Clark/Kal-El really needs to learn to fly now. Its been 8-9years now, i suppose the minute he does that would when he would become Superman though so...

Speaking of which, i liked the "You're like a... Super..Guy or something...!" reference.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Smallville? People still watch this? :d

/comfort

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Thought it was a good way to end the Season, been watching Smallville since the start and its had its highs and lows... but this Season was brilliant.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Smallville has been one of the more consistant shows over the past couple of months, even years. I find it is still getting better and better as each season progresses.

Hopefully they have word when Season 9 is coming out, i neeeeed it!

Actually thought there was a thread on Smallville already, but i guess it was a bit in the Heroes section.

You are kidding aren't you? Consistent? Yes consistently bad, even the hereos script writers aren't this bad. It had promise but has become more and more ridiculous with each episode. It's made for young teenagers and you can tell, continuity is awful, plots are awful.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Quite liked some of them but never been a fan. I suppose for me, it always felt like the entire plot of the series was going right against the grain of the movies.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
even the hereos script writers aren't this bad

Woah woah woah, steady on there. Now I'll admit Smallville is worse than Heroes, but those Heroes work damn hard day and night to produce scripts that are absolutely atrocious. They're not at Smallville levels of awful but they're trying, and for that I think we owe them our respect.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
used watch this stopped in season 5 or 6. it just got too bad for me. first 3 seasons were good hinting at what may lay ahead for luther and clark. then it just got repetive. they coulda and prolly shoulda taken it a diff angle and follow the dark tones the first 3 seasons were suggesting lay ahead

Gray

FH is my second home
About Lex/Clark

The Clark/Luther prophecy was misinterpreted in the writings on the Cave walls. They always thought the "bad" guy was Lex, but it turned out to be Doomsday who would challenge Clark

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Watched the finale and I couldn't believe what happened, kind of wished the fight was a bit longer.

Was kinda hoping Chloe was guna go, she really gets on my nerves she has turned into a new Lana with all her whining and moaning all the time. But it was quite good the way they handle Jimmy's death and the passing if the camera to the real Jimmy. Hopefully Clark will do his training and we will get a better fight with Zod than the previous fight

Can't wait for Season 9

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gray, you are buying the script writers bollocks mate. If Doomsday was meant to be the ultimate bad, then he would have been. Not written away at the last minute because the script writers lost the plot.

Smallville takes storylines that should span a series and puts them in individual episodes, it is ridiculous. I think the stupidest thing I saw was Jimmys funeral. Chloe, who earlier in the season was married to Jimmy, meeting his little brother for the first time?

script writer a "oh shit, we killed Jimmy off, but everyone knows that Jimmy Olsen is the photographer for the planet in the future"
script writer b "lets just make him meteor infected and bring him back to life"
script writer a "we've done that 5 billion times already, even for us, that would be taking the piss"
script writer b "... oh, well i'm out then"
script writer a "hold on! at his funeral his family can be there, and there can be a little brother that no one ever mentioned, and wasn't at the wedding. By pure luck he will also be called Jimmy and can take the dead Jimmys camera!"
script writer b "genius"

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Gray, you are buying the script writers bollocks mate. If Doomsday was meant to be the ultimate bad, then he would have been. Not written away at the last minute because the script writers lost the plot.

Smallville takes storylines that should span a series and puts them in individual episodes, it is ridiculous. I think the stupidest thing I saw was Jimmys funeral. Chloe, who earlier in the season was married to Jimmy, meeting his little brother for the first time?

script writer a "oh shit, we killed Jimmy off, but everyone knows that Jimmy Olsen is the photographer for the planet in the future"
script writer b "lets just make him meteor infected and bring him back to life"
script writer a "we've done that 5 billion times already, even for us, that would be taking the piss"
script writer b "... oh, well i'm out then"
script writer a "hold on! at his funeral his family can be there, and there can be a little brother that no one ever mentioned, and wasn't at the wedding. By pure luck he will also be called Jimmy and can take the dead Jimmys camera!"
script writer b "genius"

I thought that was brilliant. Totally cheesy and I wouldn't expect anything more from Smallville. I think the last series was a bit weak with the plot jumping all over the place and was more than a little gutted over the shortness of the fight with Doomsday given how many comics books it spanned.
Looking forward to seeing Zod in action and it would be good if they can find a way to bring Lex back as a robot with a heart/power source made of kryptonite. Oh and Supergirl too. As a shape changing blob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom