Small tip for ppl getting ready for ywain

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
For those of you getting ready and not having played on ywain i thought id comment on the realm balance.

Albs: 40% pop in zerging
40% of the 8v8 pop

Hibs: 20% pop in zergin
10% of the 8v8 pop

Mids: 40% zerg pop
50% of the 8v8 pop

Ofc these numbers are not the exact reality, but we have played all 3 realms resently on ywain and no matter where u go on any realm mids seem to dominate the scen with albs as close second and anytime you face a hib grp its a surprise.

Valg

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Reminds me alot of the numbers GOA published about realm population/balance on excal in 2002-2003, surprised that hib has such a lower pop visible in RvR

Does the /who count coincide with the impression in RvR, i.e. very few RvR'ing but many more doing PvE?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
bear in mind, that a alot of people are playing all 3 sides, and there are a lot of "oh were losing, im going to relog X realm so i can win" people around, thus the numbers tend to fluctuate a lot :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
bear in mind, that a alot of people are playing all 3 sides, and there are a lot of "oh were losing, im going to relog X realm so i can win" people around, thus the numbers tend to fluctuate a lot :)

ye a mid grp is much more forgiving, but i still think the classic hib setup is top 2 in any realm

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Reminds me alot of the numbers GOA published about realm population/balance on excal in 2002-2003, surprised that hib has such a lower pop visible in RvR

Does the /who count coincide with the impression in RvR, i.e. very few RvR'ing but many more doing PvE?

Dont know, but seems like when hibs do come out they often come out in force and start taking keeps/setting up irvr. very few who runs just as fg

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
For those of you getting ready and not having played on ywain i thought id comment on the realm balance.

Albs: 40% pop in zerging
40% of the 8v8 pop

Hibs: 20% pop in zergin
10% of the 8v8 pop

Mids: 40% zerg pop
50% of the 8v8 pop

Ofc these numbers are not the exact reality, but we have played all 3 realms resently on ywain and no matter where u go on any realm mids seem to dominate the scen with albs as close second and anytime you face a hib grp its a surprise.

Valg

in general i agree with your numbers , but alb zerg is bigger than mid zerg tbh :)

eble

Fledgling Freddie
Hib is very quiet on ywain, it really surprises me, saw much more action with my hunter out on mid than my ranger on hib and I mean much more.

At least with my EU chars on alb I'll be able to run leech express with my mincer :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
lol hawkey.. I remember a relic raid that went perfect! We opened the gates and got to the relic keep without any big problems, but once we got there everyone was trying to grab the relic so no one defended against the much smaller alb force so we all got killed :D

Hawkey rage logged shortly after that..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

yep, when i played on my US account there were hibs all over the place with frequent 400+ ppl guardspams jusat before hib took a keep...

pretty sure it will be their time again soon.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
pretty much true figures :p i'd say hibs a little higher than 20% tho but yea, mids are all over the place and the worse part being if they want your relic theres fa you can do about it due to the population they have.

That said I found it fun playing alb despite them being over populated :> had a little regular group of randoms aswell that I ran around with at 2-6am or so and there was still plenty of mids/hibs to run over.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Its a good server with plenty of action. Tough on soloers though.

Hib is suffering from being pretty nerfed I think. They have it hard when it comes to pets and CC.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Its a good server with plenty of action. Tough on soloers though.

Hib is suffering from being pretty nerfed I think. They have it hard when it comes to pets and CC.

Pets? normal hib grps have 3 pets! and yes bard is so much worse then pac, but if u get a good 1 they can still negate you pretty much as sorc or pac(timing luls+meleeing quite a bit)

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
Funy , AoD its gona play hib side and i trying to set a full group nearly all night ( ofc just when my wife dosent want me ). i like it much more, if the hib are the underpopulated realm.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Anyone that find stealthers in groups less than 3 deserves a medal.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
lol hawkey.. I remember a relic raid that went perfect! We opened the gates and got to the relic keep without any big problems, but once we got there everyone was trying to grab the relic so no one defended against the much smaller alb force so we all got killed :D

Hawkey rage logged shortly after that..

Oh and then he was banned for radar ?! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom