Small note to new minstrels

O

old.Filip

In game and on these boards i have seen many minstrels to come ask for spec. especially if they should go Thrust or Slash ...

Im thrust my self and ahave liked it a lot for quite a while, and my oppion on the matter was that Both spec's have pro's and con's

But that's changed now :) Tbh i find thrust Gimped

Thrust in the past had it's advantage vs the chain mids i find it less and less good ..

If you are thrust you got no chance vs Assasin's/archers (maybee if you are uber buffed but i doubth it)

at a point so many ppl in mid played skalds.. those are the pray of the Thrust minser .. but nowerdays so many mids play zerkers which kill me in 2-3 hits and thrust got like no dam on them ..

and forget about killing the warrior/healer alone

so after this babbling pick Slash :) (and highlander)

at least slash got + vs an armor type that is widely used in 1 realm ..

T

Tigerius

Don't be so modest Filip, saw you own Madpiere at MMG 2 nights ago.

Or maybe it was my healing ;) It's all so cloudy.

M

m4rk

Well you being Saracen Thrust just shows you are old skool :)

O

old.BJ|Bored

nono for all you new minstrels out there :

REROLL AS SKALDS U FOOLS! DONT DO IT DONT GO MINST YOUR DOOMED

*ahem* cough

:bitter:

P

Purefun

Get orange con pet, add some long wind and wpn doesn't make any difference. If you're slash get a thrusting pet and vice versa, kiting works wonders when soloing. I'm thrust myself and prefer dmg bonus vs midchain. In the end wpntype makes a minimal difference.

M

moo_work

aparently we dont get a free 1 line respec in 1.60

what the fuck is wrong with mythic?

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by moo_work
aparently we dont get a free 1 line respec in 1.60

what the fuck is wrong with mythic?

they love alb!

O

old.Filip

Well you being Saracen Thrust just shows you are old skool :)

hehe im VERY old school :eek:)

when excalibur startet i was on mid the first week .. then deltet my 32 skald (cause of NP) and move to alb as a minser..

tbh i cant remember any minser's still playing from that time ... allthough they migth be there ...

lots of ppl still play .. but they play other class's now

Edit: just rembered Derkova ... does he still play minser ?

J

Jiggs

my mincer is saracen thrust too :D

he is _very_ old school but i fear stuck on level 45 for ever :p

M

m4rk

I played since beta, although the chars i made when the game 1st come out have been deleted ^^ and remade, and deleted, and remade. :-P

It would be nice to see some Minstrels ready to group with people in RvR, instead of them all thinking about soloing. Albion wonder why we lose so much in RvR and 1 big reason is groups having no Minstrel speed.

J

jilson

agreed Thrust is shit for mincers another Saracen Thrust wishing mythic would give respec race :D and spec.

B

belth

/em is wishing for /respec race and /respec starting points also :p Briton, 10 str/con/qui...

O

old.LandShark

Because 30dex makes a noticable difference.
That said, I wish I'd gone 10str/con/cha instead of 10dex/qui/cha. Curse noob char-rolling skillz.

M

morgonslak

Same here filip. I'm also an old school saracen thrustwielding mincer (I'm so glad there are more gimps like me around :p ). And just as filip said it, well, sucks. If u like me won't roll a highlander due to their darn kilts, at least oick a briton and get urself a sabre..

K

kinadold

Well trust is albions rogue styles, and since minstrels are rogues,
it should be best to use it. All according to Mythic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom