small/medium/large

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, ive just got my reaver template nearly done and i made it with a small ml7 shield ( pvp template ). i was told it was the best cause of less endu drain with slam.. slam misses much so its nice to have some endu left after slammed the target. anyways, now ive heard small shield doesnt block shit anymore ? so should i like start remaking with a bigger shield ? >.<

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
large blocks 3, medium 2, small 1 afaik but i would use small tbh cause of the end, but if u can get guthlacs (or something like that) large shield from tg use that cause it blocks like a large shield but uses end like a small one ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
in short reavers use a small shield cause you slam with less endurance, also the attack speed is based on the shield for your next attack, reavers need to levi to do most of their dmg so that extra speed means they can get 3 levi's easier.

renwind is correct about the size of the shield affecting the amount of blockers but im yet to believe a large shield blocks 1 mob better than a small shield.

the argument lies on scouts with small shields and 400+ dex being impossible to hit. im not yet a believer of the change

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
renwind is correct about the size of the shield affecting the amount of blockers but im yet to believe a large shield blocks 1 mob better than a small shield.
even though i've corrected you before (on exactly the same topic)i'll do it again

Small shield will block attacks from 1 enemy, Medium shield will block attacks from 2, large will block from 3. If you are guarding a target then you can block attacks from an infinite no. of enemies aslong as they don't attack you...
Personally i chose a medium shield, as they're are often duos of stealthers etc, and it's always useful to be able to take them at the same time

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah i know the thing that small blocks 1 dude etc... but im just wondering is it true that small block's less then large ? i mean is the percent smaller on blockrate ? also if so should i get a large shield of template then. ofc i wanna block more ^^

Bahumat

FH is my second home
confused said:
even though i've corrected you before (on exactly the same topic)i'll do it again

Small shield will block attacks from 1 enemy, Medium shield will block attacks from 2, large will block from 3. If you are guarding a target then you can block attacks from an infinite no. of enemies aslong as they don't attack you...
Personally i chose a medium shield, as they're are often duos of stealthers etc, and it's always useful to be able to take them at the same time

you make no sense, your argument indicates i posted something wrong but i have not. I agreed with renwind about small=1 person medium=2 large=3, however i then say;

"im yet to believe a large shield blocks 1 mob better than a small shield."

what im saying here is the alleged new nerf. the argument states that a large shield will block 1 mob with a higher chance than a small shield blocking 1 mob. The reason i mention this is cause of novac's statement

"now ive heard small shield doesnt block shit anymore ?"

1 last thing, you did not inform me of the shield rule in the first place. i've known all that for ages.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Novac said:
Yeah i know the thing that small blocks 1 dude etc... but im just wondering is it true that small block's less then large ? i mean is the percent smaller on blockrate ? also if so should i get a large shield of template then. ofc i wanna block more ^^

at the end of the day your a reaver, you wanna slam and levi as fast as possible...most reavers can kill/almost kill their targets before the stun ends. your gonna get anyone (except purge/ip) to about 20% hp before they are out of stun so blocking is not really a major issue....unless your pve'ing then by all means use a large shield as you dont have to quickly change

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
i use medium ML7 0ne, best util and decent speed (3.6)

medium blocks 2 attackers max

small shield uses less endurance and usually is faster altought there are very fast large shields (TG, shinova ML3.8)

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
What are the bonuses of exceptional block large shield ? + dmg only ?

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
confused said:
A sain man is insain in an insain mans world, but an insain man is sain in an insain man worlds, but insain in a sain mans word.... think about that
insane/sane is how you really spell it tho, think about that

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
the argument lies on scouts with small shields and 400+ dex being impossible to hit.

MoB3, 412 dex, 42+15 shield... wish I was impossible to hit :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
FallycSymbol said:
MoB3, 412 dex, 42+15 shield... wish I was impossible to hit :(

lol with all that dex and shield its wrong that a duel wielder will hapilly tear through your shield.

stupid penalty system

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Bonelamencer said:
What are the bonuses of exceptional block large shield ? + dmg only ?

No, its an extra option speedwise in the level 51 range of shields (32 imbue points on MP)

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
lol with all that dex and shield its wrong that a duel wielder will hapilly tear through your shield.

stupid penalty system

Tell me about it...

And Bahu got a new title!

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
In this(maybe an upcoming, but heard it was this) small/medium shields got nerfed. One reason was that scouts was increadibly hard to hit, even though they only had a small shield. Small now blocks less, medium a bit more and large you shouldn't notice a differance.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Novac said:
tbh, ive just got my reaver template nearly done and i made it with a small ml7 shield ( pvp template ). i was told it was the best cause of less endu drain with slam.. slam misses much so its nice to have some endu left after slammed the target. anyways, now ive heard small shield doesnt block shit anymore ? so should i like start remaking with a bigger shield ? >.<

Anymore? It never blocked more than 1 target vs you, you might want to invest in on a large shield after being pounded around by assist trains.

Oh wait, those don't really exist on camlann, stick with the small shield, for random adding it works wonders too.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
In this(maybe an upcoming, but heard it was this) small/medium shields got nerfed. One reason was that scouts was increadibly hard to hit, even though they only had a small shield. Small now blocks less, medium a bit more and large you shouldn't notice a differance.

small 1 target without penalties
medium 2 target without penalties
large 3 target without penalties

Was.Always.Like.That.

(blocks less? My ass)

Korgan

Banned
Lothandar said:
small 1 target without penalties
medium 2 target without penalties
large 3 target without penalties

Was.Always.Like.That.

(blocks less? My ass)
What the fuck is wrong with people? DAoC's been out for like 3 years and some people do still think that you need to spec Axe for maximized LA damage.

ps: I like your style Loth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom