[VIDEO] small group, small shaman 3

eksdee

FH is my second home
hello

warhammermovies finally approved my new movie, so i thought i would post it here. all footage is from 1.2.0, with our 5/6man group vs. more or equal numbers. everything was recorded april 2009.

Small Group, Small Shaman 3 By miri

pikeh

Resident Freddy
yey, dl'ing.
/edit fuck me in the beard, 930 megs!
:)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
When I saw the title I first thought it might be some mid 8v8 fights. I was so disappointed to find it was in the Warhammer section. :(

eksdee

FH is my second home
yeah, in retrospect i could have made the dl size smaller, but i really wanted the viewer to be able to see everything that is going on and there is often a shitload going on on the screen. sadly whmovies didn't fix the streaming thing yet, hope they do soon :/

edit; ah! the stream is up

mooSe_

FH is my second home
what mods are you using? im playing it pretty much vanilla atm but i think some of those that you have could improve my healings

eksdee

FH is my second home
couldn't be bothered to type it out, so screenshotted my curse client and highlighted the most important ones :p

addonss.jpg

i really can't stress how horrible the vanilla UI is for healers. no way i could play like that now.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Vanilla UI is horrible for everyone, really don't see how people can play with it. Ugly, cluttered, everythings so much better with a well designed modded UI.

Havn't had a chance to watch the movie yet miri, will do soon though.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Good vid - although to be critical many of the fights you get considerable adds/assistance on your side ;) Overall a good demonstration of push-pull tactics though!

Also watching you heal has just given me some ideas for dropping Lizet next time i spot you too out and about on my BW :)

Like some of the mods you're using - will test out a few that i don't already use soon!

Oh and good editing, although i'm not a fan of that type of music :) PM'ed you with some suggestions for the next one that i've been using for my "WAR soundtrack" lately.

eksdee

FH is my second home
where did we have adds? there's some on the 6v12 fight in praag that run past me after we'd killed most of them and the rest were running away but i'm pretty sure none of the other fights have any adds?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Didn't see any adds?

nice play again, liking the shammie viewpoint. Nice music/vid editing synching as well :p

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
where did we have adds? there's some on the 6v12 fight in praag that run past me after we'd killed most of them and the rest were running away but i'm pretty sure none of the other fights have any adds?

Aye i stand corrected on that - they arrived towards the end of the MS fight in praag not at the start. Ill = poor memory/attention span etc!

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Didnt like the noise in the background or the benny hill speed and prefer watching good teams fight than a bunch of lvl30 gimps hitting the deck.
Your health getting near death 1:51 was great to watch, Protector almost coming out of my screen at 2:40 was awesome.
The slayer at 9:00 trying to kill you with his helicopter skillz made me wanna cry, almost had an epileptic seizure at 14:20. Not fond of watching Lizets pigtail all over the place crazylagness pwnage either like that at 15.18.

but besides all that i enjoy watching XIIgram vids pertically the intros.

ps oO sneaky fucker

pps rip fracture

eksdee

FH is my second home
yeah, i would agree in a sense that killing the zerg is often quite unrewarding, but sadly i've made two 6v6 movies that weren't very popular and i wanted to showcase that a small group can succeed in orvr. i mean, regardless of if there are a few low levels in some of the bigger fights - surely taking down a wb with 1fg is still no easy task? bear in mind we're not rift/knockdown/posing, we're using a purely 6v6 oriented setup for this.

none the less, everyone is entitled to their opinion and i do actually agree to an extent, but please consider that i didn't make this movie purely to e-peen stroke (although, i won't be an idiot an deny it entirely, cause that's what all gaming movies are inherently about), i truly want to try to encourage people to stop running in their 3fps zergs. i'm not talking about just 6v6, but just smaller scale skirmishing - it's so much more rewarding and fun :(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
i'm not talking about just 6v6, but just smaller scale skirmishing - it's so much more rewarding and fun :(

I agree, but i never really get a chance for it in t4, the only options to me are zerg or solo.

eksdee

FH is my second home
yeah, i totally appreciate that. i honestly wish i had a solution to it, but it makes me sad to say that the truth of it seems to be that the social aspects of MMOs has changed a lot since DAoC. i remember spending hours and hours before or after prime time just chatting to people. the whole open party/warband aspect of the game may seem like a great idea in principal for casuals but the sad thing is it removes the element of actually having to TALK to people. that and nothing else is how groups and guilds are built, but being able to simply /join randomzergleader then find the other players on the map using helpful little green markers means you could go rr1-80 without ever having any social interaction with another player.

frankly half the reason i log in is to have an excuse to shoot the shit in vent or /g or /as. :/

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Same Eks - which is why i've left repeatedly when my old pals have. I seem to have come back when they have too...One left and although i've made some new friends in my new guild nothing quite like the old DAoC lot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom