Small clarification of the "80 at one time" thing...

S

SFXman

[17:05] <SFXman> Kemor, so is it true people could just sit on the subs page stopping all activation from others? Even with 80 people at one time some have been waiting since early in the morning... 10+ hours....
[17:05] <Kemor> SFX no, it's 80 process at once, not 80 people on page :)

So... the reason you can't get in is because it is hammered... not that there are 80 on the page...
I for one thought it was 80 at a time there.

S

SFXman

[17:03] <SFXman> Kemor... is there an "auto-disconnect" on the subscription page?!
[17:03] <Kemor> no SFX

Later on...

[17:07] <Kemor> SFX, just asked :)
[17:07] <Kemor> >> There is a timeout on the sub pages :)

---------

That's good... some arseholes could piss a whole load of people off :D

S

SFXman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

[17:12] <Kemor> SFX: I was wrong :)
[17:12] <SFXman> Kemor, hmm?
[17:12] <Kemor> SFX: it's 80 people with timeout :)
[17:12] <SFXman> 80 on the page you mean...?
[17:12] <Kemor> yea, with timeout after a bit
[17:13] <SFXman> Kemor, so how long is the bit o_O
[17:13] <Kemor> ok, first it's not 80 it's 100
[17:13] <Kemor> as for time, no idea
[17:13] <Kemor> even in GOA time :)

Bejesus...

P

parisienscot

Here's an idea : Why not let everyone play Shrouded Isles for 10 days whether they have activated their CD keys or not.

Sure a couple of miscreants may get 10 days of playing time on their necromancers without paying but after which if they want to keep levelling him they will need to buy a full copy.

A small price to pay to let people who have honestly bought copies of SI to get online and actually start playing.

I personally must have tried to load the subs page around 1000 times since last night and no success.

:'-(

What do you all think?

T

Teh Fonz!!1

I have no idea why they didn't do the above tbh.

They did similar to this with the actual old game. We all had 30 days to play before we paid. No problems with server overload with that :/

N

naetha

It'd make me a damn sight happier, been trying to get on for 6 hours solid now
<bursts in to floods of tears>

Nae

T

Tobold

they should really make the page simpler (just text) and let more people no at a time, thats what they did when cs1.0 was released, the pages were hammered but you could still just about download

S

SFXman

Yeah, text-only (html only... whatever) page with simple box for key :rolleyes:
Would rock.

L

lairiodd

Btw, this is a direct link to the subs page

http://billing.camelot-europe.com/www/subscript1.php?game=daoc&language=en

Or at least I think it is ... I pulled it from "view souce" when trying to load the main page. Perhaps if everyone used the direct link rather than trying to load the main page, things would be a bit faster. Though if the limiting factor is the number of people connecting to the page then it probably wont matter much. But speeding up the loading of all those pages would help each person be processed faster.

I.e. spamming that link is more responsible than spamming the main page with all its complex flash etc?

Z

Ziva

Another idea would be to setup a mirror site or make a totally seperate page for registring SI cause now even people who don't have SI can't even read general info or get into their account.

T

traderz

IRC Server Request

What IRC server and channel is this ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom