SM spec

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys,

I wanna roll a sm but am puzzled which spec I should take. I don't have a bb so I was thinking of summ to 40 then respeccing dark. It would be my first sm so I am really guessing here.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Q. :)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well sms are abit hard to solo without a bb but...

Qbic said:
Hi guys,

I wanna roll a sm but am puzzled which spec I should take. I don't have a bb so I was thinking of summ to 40 then respeccing dark. It would be my first sm so I am really guessing here.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Q. :)

Well if you gonna go solo with it my suggestion would be summsm to 40, then respeccing suppression and autodinging 41. After that go to moderna and get a group there (its not that hard since you have the yellow pbae at that time) and once you are in youll get to 50 real fast.

At 50 you can always respec dark and go out in rvr...

But unless you have friends in the game or plan on making them etc, Id really suggest getting a bb.:) It helps alot.

Some end speccs:

Summsm:
50 summoning 20 Dark

Suppression sm:
49 Supp 22 dark

Darksm:
47-50 (depending on what you are after) Dark, 20-26 Suppression (for group rvr) or 26 (summoning for some pve too)

/Charmangle

ps: Hope that helped take care mate...:) ds.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Qbic said:
Thanks in advance.

For leveling go suppression all the way.
As a Supp SM you have pbaoe but also you have an excellent intercepting pet and the aoe str/con debuff. You will find you can kill mobs extremely quickly. There are some people leveling out there still too and in general a pbaoer will fit into any group well where as a summ sm doesn't always. I find that in Midgard undead mobs are in general vunerable to the SM pbaoe (makes some sense as its spirit) They are the mobs to level on :)

I would say a summ sm is slightly safer at leveling because with your pet doing/taking all the damage you have more time to run if things go wrong. However if you are solo I don't think you will experience too much downtime as without full buffs and somebody else to heal your pet you can't tank as many mobs at any one time and so your damage shield does less work.

Given the current state of ToA and the fact that it would probably be a while before you got ML9 the suppression spec would probably be a better while scroll farming/getting ML etc too

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
47 dark and 26 supp is the way to go :) will get you blue str\con debuff and the last lifetap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom