sm pets for charm.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
find this list from VN, hopefully its usefull.
http://vnboards.ign.com/midgard_mystic_professions/b20914/101073129/p1/?67
http://charm.enygma.net/frontierguide.html

pet map, look nice thou didnt watch closer
http://daoc.segamer.com/meso.php

some pets. may be same pet several time but copy past those here from VN
worth to read VN post, theres some changes how pets work when peeps have charmed and tryed these.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
hmm there was one video in this forum but peep removed it.
think there was 2 sm, one had pet who tank redcaps, other what healed.
can be very good combo, this way group has 0 change to get agro by overhealing pet.
gona try this in future.

Classic

Vanern Swamp - Hagbui Berserkers: yellow to 50, 1h/2h axe, use havoc style
Myrkwood - Kullervo's Guardins: good hp

Shrouded Isles

Iarnwood - Paralizer: nukes, heals, loc 37k 32k
Iarnwood - Grankin: nukes, AoE mez, AoE stun, 36k 9k
Modernagrav - Andakuva Helas: buffs spec AF, nukes, located at morvalt fortress
Modernagrav - Utforksa: melee, ae disease, located at morvalt fortress
Modernagrav - Framkalla: combat lifetap, root, located at morvalt fortress

Trials of Atlantis

Mesothalassa - Naxos Umbral Conjurer: nukes
Mesothalassa - Naxos Wave Rider: buffs base and spec
Mesothalassa - Naxos Earth Raiser: haste, DA, summons theurgist earth elementals
Volcanus - Adolescent Salamander: high hp/abs
Aerus - Gorgon Maiden: styles, DoTs, lifetaps

Catacombs

Otherworld - Raving Diviner: str/af buffs
Otherworld - Maniacal Bully: tank
Otherworld - Raving Gladiator: 2h tank, insta DD
Otherworld - Raving Militia-Man: 2h tank

SI
Iarnwood - Paralizer: nukes, heals, loc 37k 32k (Heals only when on passive and heals when it gets hit. Again only on passive, but it's 100% heals)

classic vanern swamp
crippled jotuns are nice, 20% haste buff for your whole grp. and doesnt parry like a mofo like the stupid beserker does. kinda slow but it owns nice hp

SI
Forest Skrats from the road leading from Hagall towards Modern are a nice pet for taking down melee mobs (aka Redcaps)...ML9'd it takes the least amount of damage I've seen pulling at the Redcaps...

personal, those skrats indeed can be very very good, resists nearly all dmg types and can take beating

TOA
White shark = bane of Zahur without the need of FDS
Some meso(juggernaut or dreadnought or something) guardian type that uses a polearm that swings for 1k+ on yellow/oj cons when ML9'ed (sobekite khu rager)

tested just about all of the mobs from the skyros, naxos, and melos camps and the melee damage winner was the naxos sentinel. Be aware though that they come as either a 1H or 2H weapon. The 2H sword sentinel hits very hard but if you don't have faction with the naxos it can be tricky getting close enough to check the weapon type. I thought the melos spearfisher was the melee king of the 3 camps till I tried the sentinel. If I was gonna farm scrolls from the 3 camps I'd go with either the sentinel or the umbral conjurer, that is if I wasn't going to use a sally. At level 49 you might be able to get a yellow sentinel or conjurer, I didn't check the levels.

In SI, it's a long way to get one but I love the 2H hrimthursa warriors. I generally don't like large mobs as pets but that hrimthursa is tough and hits hard with the 2H. What really surprised me for a nice melee pet was the dwarf hunter at the dwarf fort in Iarnwood. That little sucker hits hard, swings fast, and is fairly tough.

If you are level 28'ish go out to NF and head west from Savuad Faste to the mile gate. There is a grove of trees with snowshoe bandits there. Charm the snowshoe bandit mage and watch the barrage of fire bolts they cast. Those bolts cast fast and hit hard.

Then there is the fenrir prophet in NF. I didn't check the level of but it was blue to level 50. It cast what looks like blue bolts and they hid hard.

under very intresting for malmo trips + spec allso]
41 sum/35 dark

charmed yellow lvl 47 Svartaf Infl ml9 was hitting oj/red drak WW for 750+ in Malm.

Charmed a lvl 49 Drak Axehand ww. took 34 red/oj Drak WW in one pull they just kept on commin. Seemed I didnt need to heal that often this dude can take a punch with only SM buffs

TOA
melos earth razor buffs folks in group with 19% melee haste and damage add. Very handy if you don't have a aug healer and want that haste on melee toons in your group. It last 10 min and the razor rebuffs.

classic malmo
last night we went out to Malm. I was a late comer and didn't wanna make folks wait for me to go get a hagbui zerker. I have faction with the Svartalfs so I went to the camp and got a 2H spear Foister. I'm not sure I'll ever go get a zerker again, that Foister was a very good mob. Hits hard and takes small damage.

under ment list for TOA, can charm higher but pick pets max 50 and work for sm
TOA Mentalist pet list
-------------------
These are the USERS inputs and there will be changes due to patch notes and so on I will keep this up to date with everyone's input.

-------------------

Stygian Delta
-------------

The Burning Lengui: just outside the haven is lvl 50-53 i think. Nice tanks. Procs some dot that ticks 4 or 5 times i think, and also procs a fire dd. These are linked to the deamsphere artifact encounter, and can therefore be hard to come by. Charmed with 1st charm
They will despawn when someone does the encounter so be careful with them.

Scorpions - level ~ 50, proc poison as you might expect but beyond that nothing special about them.

Arbor Glen, Green Glades
------------------------
Centaur's Friend (level 50+; a deer mob that follows the Centaur Hunters).

Anatole
-------
Sobekite Khem Kamu - level ~ 49, 50. The *best* pet I have seen in ToA lands yet. They require charm 1 (humanoid), cast AOE disease, fire DDs. They also cast self-PBT which definitely puts them over the top on the desired pet list. These will swim down with you, cross land, and are my recommendation for a pet in the ToA.

Sobekite Khem Kamu - isle of Mestoria in Anatole
: level 49-51
: pbt, cast aoe disease, DOT poison, and fire DD
: land and water travel ok
: Charm level 1

Sobekite Khu Kamu - isle of Amphipolis in Mesothelassa
: level 49-50
: cast self dmg shield (level 4) that stacks with your base dmg shield = 2x dmg shields Razz
: pbt, cast aoe disease, DOT poison, and cold DD
: land and water travel ok

Naxos Traveller
: level 49-51 in Naxos territory
: style with weapons, carry shields
: cast mez, a small dd (perhaps lifetap), and a pbaoe smite (not much dmg)
: these are fun but dont engage in melee fast enough - they like to stand back and spam mez which is annoying
: water only

Ketos
: level 49-52
: huge (monstrous!) prehistoric sharks in the Naxos territory. Grab one to amaze your friends Razz Melee is ok, no special attacks.
: water only
: Charm level 3

Sobekite Eternal
----------------
(ALL sobekites use the 2nd charm)

Sobekite Wizard
46-52
Very low interuppt rate and can sometimes ignore stun.
Casts: Ice wiz PBAE, AEDD cold debuff, DD cold debuff, DD/snare, and baseline fire nuke.
Low HP, can't take damage well at all.
Can parry.

Sobekite sem-priest
52-57?
Basic friar armed with a quarterstaff, will not buff you, but has the 4 baseline buffs. Styles often and hits hard. Can take alot of hits, and parries and evades quite a bit. Excellent pet to farm with, if you can find one below 54. Not sure if he can heal himself or you, but I doubt it.

Sobekite pulverizer
48-52
Basic tank, usually with a weapon and shield, styles often and can hit hard, he can't take as many hits as the sem-priest.

Sobekite stolist
52-57?
I've never charmed one, so going off what I've seen while in combat. Armed with a weapon only, never seen a shield, and can style and hit rather hard.

Salamander
52-56?
Found in Typhon's reach. Highly melee resistant or just has A LOT of hps. They have around 50% heat and cold resists. Roots and insta-DDs often. Sometimes ignores aggro. A good farming pet for that area. 2nd charm needed.

Siam-he Devotee
53+
Also found in Typhon's reach. Again highly melee resistant. Low interuppt rate. Casts cave shaman bolt, DD, AE dot, and normal dot, maybe disease, but I haven't seen it personally. 1st charm needed.

Sobekite Wizard
46-52
Very low interuppt rate and can sometimes ignore stun.
Casts: Ice wiz PBAE, AEDD cold debuff, DD cold debuff, DD/snare, and baseline fire nuke.
Low HP, can't take damage well at all.
Can parry.

Sobekite sem-priest
52-57?
Basic friar armed with a quarterstaff, will not buff you, but has the 4 baseline buffs. Styles often and hits hard. Can take alot of hits, and parries and evades quite a bit. Excellent pet to farm with, if you can find one below 54. Not sure if he can heal himself or you, but I doubt it.

Sobekite pulverizer
48-52
Basic tank, usually with a weapon and shield, styles often and can hit hard, he can't take as many hits as the sem-priest.

Sobekite stolist
52-57?
I've never charmed one, so going off what I've seen while in combat. Armed with a weapon only, never seen a shield, and can style and hit rather hard. "

Naxos Marrow Mage (level 48-52)
-------------------------------
Self-buffs: red armor, red dex, red con, red strength

Naxos Marrow Mages have 3 pets:
> Nereid Ghostly Commmander
- melees
> Nereid Ghostly Guardian
- melees
> Nereid Ghostly Mystic
- pure caster, will get some range and beging nuking. Casts self-pbt and will occasionally heal the other pets.

This is like having your own personal bone army - these pets are fun.

If you are level 50, and charm a level 51+, the commander will be blue to you, and the others will be green. If the mage is yellow, the commander will be green, and others grey.

If any of the marrow mage's pets die, he will summon new ones.

If the marrow mage resists your charm (and you regain it), his pets will attack you. Even though you had a successful charm pulse, the pets will aggro you. Just kill them and he will respawn new ones.

If you nuke any of the pets (accidentally), the other pets will aggro you; the marrow mage will not.

The Ghostly Mystics are great nukers - even though they are green - I have seen them pull aggro from the others just by casting from range.

For a solo Light mentalist, this pet is really a prime choice. The red self buffs speak for themselves - this pet can take some damage.

Naxos Umbral Conjurer
(49-54)

The reason that this pet is so good - is that it nukes like crazy - with void bolts from long range. Most other caster pets I have used throw in a debuff, or a mez, or anything else but direct damage. I have always shunned caster pets because they are so unpredictable.

Enter the Umbral Conjurer - they have three spells : void bolt, fire based DD, and root. Thats it - they are either rooting their targets or damaging them.

Get a dex buff for your pet and they become, literally, a void bolt gattling gun. They prefer void bolts so much, that I would dare to say they are 4/5 spells they cast.

My strategy is to sick the pet on a target, stun it, watch the blue bolts fly across the screen. If the target gets too close, throw in one of your own nukes.

I charmed a level 52 Umbral Conjurer who was three-shotting some yellows. Also, they can crit with the bolts.

As an experiment - I took one of these up the river in Stygia - wow! was that fun. I was launching shore bombardments against anything in range.

You can also park these along the shore - and kite targets back and forth while they nuke them down.

The bolts never miss, although I have seen a few resisted - and never fail to hit hard.

They are a little hard to find you can get one in the Naxos territory and another in the Kithara (sp?) Sancuary.

Gorgon Maidens have been added to Aerus at 13, 6

Charm level 1

To get one, cast level 1 charm, then immediately release with the [release] button.

The aggro your pet has is now lost.

The next pulse will recharm for you

Melose Examplar: Albion Paladin. Usualy comes base buffed from pets around it, and if it isn't you can chain release it next to some of the buffers nearby and they'll buff >Smile Always level 52 and usualy never resists. Chains self AF and DA. Hits like Woah, too.

This pet is MEAN. I ususaly take him to 13k 33k in Meso and farm the camp if Guros, pulling 5-7 mobs at a time. Works great with HoT.

Naxos wave riders: Some sorta healer pet, they'll base and spec buff you, everything red. No Int though, but the dex is nice. They are casters.

Range from 46-51+. Resist a bit, but nothing horrid.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think I'm fully updated here, but sm's can now charm? instead of having the powerfull intercepterpet?

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
i saw sariloc (lvl48-50) in iarnwood, while i tried to get some above listed pets from there.

i remember sariloc was a pain in the ass farming him in SI days for the nice bracers he dropped.

So i gave it a shot and hoped i could charm him. And i could! :p
He chain procs 80dmg dot and disease. hits 120-150 fully buffed without ml9. hits very fast and has lots off hp.

Combined with lvl40 damage shields. its a bloody fkn pl machine :p

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
the SM pets intercept aint that powerfull though :p

and beeing able to charm a sally + ml9 > sm pet in pve.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
:S thats really OP, thinking about speccing my sm from supp now, charm a high lvl froststallion, buff it, and juggernaught it:p

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
sariloc has a 170DD proc aswell on yellow con.

Gonna test the froststallions on raumarik aswell, Pbaoe iceprocs 400+.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
did made allso smallish weekend in iarnv.
greebers or something? dino lookalike doublehits time by time and was quite nice.
most mobs i tryed in iarnv had ~2k hitpoints, same whit this.

visit dwarf camp and charm dwarf hunter from there, think it was best, hit really hard and was able to take beating quite nicely (fully buffed) ~2k htp allso.

modern and charm andakuva.
give spec af and spam something whole time but what read from VN its trying heal.
now, take andakuva whit one sm, and whit other charm utforksa or those skrats, and go try do modern pl.
need try some day when get some volunteer from guild.

tryed allso sals in typhon, jessus what mob, if we talk about yellow lvl 50, we have winner.
~3700 hitpoints, insane ablative allready in start.
tryed fast whi several purples and npr, 4 purp and 1 red whitout pain (taurs)
runihura was alott easier, mostly thx to bigger hitpoints, now.
sal port whit you to wall when use under water portnpc.

gorgons worth to try near aerus i think.

sm pt intercept is nice but mob need stand over you, after some test was done allready 100 units range and intercept ratio start drop very fast.
if sm is now op? dunno how you call sorcs whit speed aemezz/aeroot, soi etc :) and they have had this nearly from day in daoc.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Nice guide and reminder of some beasties I used to fight that could be turned to the dark side.

Had a hoot playing with the charm last night on various mobs in ToA, looking forward to more of that. The thing I like best is that they don't try to kill me. I'm quite capable of doing that without their help.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Experimented more with this last night. This is great fun.

Redcap Herbalists were good fun as they seem to get the benefit of the body debuff. Weren't too great at tanking but could kill reasonably quick.

Forest Skratts near Hagall were great - they hit like trucks on all the mobs I tested it on close by. It was doing up to around 160 or so damage per hit, whereas most of the other stuff I tried was lucky to be hitting 80. Not sure though if this was mobs with weak armour or other factors but it was still the stand-out beastie of the evening.

Wasn't impressed with Mau or Dust Devils.

Last one I tried was the Sacred Lion, this I found pretty good.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
What you people TOTALY miss is the fun you can have by charming a large ass mammoth in SI (in the areas around TG entrance) then ml9 it, did it on meh sm and it filled the whole screen (only green con, but it was HUUGE ;>)

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
What you people TOTALY miss is the fun you can have by charming a large ass mammoth in SI (in the areas around TG entrance) then ml9 it, did it on meh sm and it filled the whole screen (only green con, but it was HUUGE ;>)

use juggernaut aswell. won't get higher lvl. but the growthingie stacks with ml9 :p

Jens

Fledgling Freddie
imagine Glacier Giant ML9ed and juggernaughted then.... Think albs would be able to spot it from their own frontier! :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
no yellowcon froststallions, all orange/red to 50.

I'm told, but haven't confirmed myself, that there is a pack of yellow con frosty horsies sitting on the frontier somewhere ready for SM types to come along and say hello.

Anyone able to confirm if this is right or not? (I've not yet ventured out of the playpen yet while I get used to things again).

After all, if Mythic go to aaaaalllll that trouble, someone should go test them on smelly Albs and Hibs.

Be rude not to really.

Really loving the charm thing. With my previously considered 'gimp' spec, no respec required and I've got a charmed pet that hits like a truck and nice lifetap nukes.

Again, not tried RvR yet but the charmed pets are way better than the summoned ghosties. But don't tell Junior I said that. He's a bit sensitive. Uh, for a dead guy.

Sheridan

Banned
i recall a factor in you quitting roo that was because dark sms became fotm

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Nah, the fotm was just ironing.

Dark got pretty much fixed around the time I closed the account but the two things weren't related. It was a bit of a tease to me though :D

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Any1 tested what mobs are best in laby yet? My SM friend charmed a yel mino sentry, seemed like a good pet, had shiled and styled somewhat much i think, I was on my valk so was in the fights mesekf and didnt notice that much of it. :)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Jepp, im still having fun with those odd mobs in SI ;>
I tried to find yellowcon dinos around Hagall and the dwarf camp towards moderna. shame they were red cons, would own so mutch to have a gigant dino xD

Go get a Drake in Albland then ;)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Jepp, im still having fun with those odd mobs in SI ;>
I tried to find yellowcon dinos around Hagall and the dwarf camp towards moderna. shame they were red cons, would own so mutch to have a gigant dino xD

iarnv is greebers what is blue to yellow.
charmed one and was ok doublehits time by time.
can find near sarilocs spots, up on hill.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
no yellowcon froststallions, all orange/red to 50.

I used a lvl 54 frost stallion fully buffed to take out guards on a lvl 10 tower.
Took only a few minutes and a couple of HoTs. It hit door afterwards like
a small ram and also killed guards inside (oops!) with its PBOAE.

Imo the best pet in NF, to bad there is no lvl 50 pets to find. :\

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
These new charm icons, look like a charm icon from another class -_- Which one was it? ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom