Slow patcher

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
download from mythic... took me about 2h to get it running... 1h for the 800 mb from the US and 1h for the 36 mb patch (that is still smaller than the 49 mb u need when u dled from goa)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
BaTDiE said:
lol0cv.jpg

lol

download with the torrent: http://daoc.goa.com/bt_goa/GOA-DAoC-DarknessRising-update180-BT.exe it's a lot faster.

Tilda

I was laughing at his post, I'm fully patched and downloaded from test servers :p
tbh today has been the smoothest patch day ever so far imo.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I sense a theme developing here.

People who downloaded stuff in advance: Wow this has been a really smooth patch. Uber work!

People who didn't follow the advice on the news and waited till today to download and patch ~800MBs: OMG! Nerf! This suxxorz I can't play!

Had everything downloaded yesterday. Installed before work this morning and patched the 49MB in about 10 minutes at prime time on 2MB ADSL....

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

People who downloaded stuff in advance: Wow this has been a really smooth patch. Uber work!

People who didn't follow the advice on the news and waited till today to download and patch ~800MBs: OMG! Nerf! This suxxorz I can't play!

Had everything downloaded yesterday. Installed before work this morning and patched the 49MB in about 10 minutes at prime time on 2MB ADSL....
It's more like

People who got to the patcher within the first 1 hour of server up: Smooth patch!

People who didn't watch the server screen so they could be first in: 60mb+ patch (eventhough though they already downloaded a 60mb patch and a 800mb dr expansion) at ~5kb/s: OMG this is going to take forever!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Like I said, I patched mine at prime time - around 9pm. Hardly within an hour of the server coming back up.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Then obviously you are the exception since the first 10 posts are people who started before you and get crap rates, so why make some stupid comment about people not downloading the stuff goa told us to download in advance?

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Thread was never made to critisize the service provided by GOA... was just a little whine. The speeds of the patcher... they can only get so good connections(*cough*france*cough ). This combined with, I must say, badly coded patcher, and a few thousond clients downloading at once... well, just happy I got it in the end. :)

Thank you for the nice service, and fast uptime, you lot at GOA :clap:.

/Ovron :cheers:

ps. I know... whining about the patcher once every expansion release won't aid anything... but never the less :clap:

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
BaTDiE said:
Alot faster ? :worthy:
asf1fp.jpg

Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining, it's funny to me how things go.

Well that's actually over ten times faster then your other screenshot ;)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Ovron said:
oh dear, this indeed is a whine :clap:

65MB patch or so downloading onto DR, at... 13kbps yay :)

/Ovron

There goes ure uber pc :p, took me 5 minutes

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh ppl just go to store to buy the game, took me 0h to download 2 minutes to install, bought second key from goa what went very fast to, then i ran the updater and 5mins later i was waiting for servers to open.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I patched yesterday , started the update at 4:20 and it finished at 10 , i was usualy going from a lowly 4.3 kb's to a massive 6.7kb's.

but again it would hang and not respond every so ofter.

Still at least i was watching TV while i waited .... ALOT of tv

feril

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

hmm... i downloaded in advance and a bought DR but still had to install 60mb befor i could start... the 60mb took me approx 5h to download.. but yay /clap at the best patch day ever...

(ohh and i have 24Mbit ADSL)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Started download (of DR) at 6.20pm GMT using the peer to peer option. That defaulted to direct download ...

Mmmm I thought, not good I will never get on at this rate. So used the help on the download program and found out that you needed to open ports 6881 to 6889, on either your router (Hardware firewall) if you had one, or on your virtual firewall if you use on of those. If you had neither than you should get a firewall ;).

So maybe your connection was being limited by closed ports ?

Finished by 8.00pm, max download was about 200KBs

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
vavires said:
Tbh ppl just go to store to buy the game

What about "65MB patch or so >>>downloading onto DR<<<" don't you get?

And tbh, You know I got the boxes a fair while ago ;)

/Ovron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom