Slash or Thrust

M

Madonion Slicer

Dosen't Thrust Get a bonus against Chain and Slash not.

Or thought having tried both slash and thrust i prefer the Slash styles and damage.

W

-Wedge-

I wouldnt worry about the 1.52 release... Seeing you get respec then too...

I'd say, look a bit on what you plan on killing the most... As far as I know, Slash has bonus against leather (and studded?)... And has a penalty against Scale/Plate/Chain...

Where Thrust has a bonus to Scale/Chain (not plate, but your an alb :p ), and a penalty against leather (and studded?)... (scale is, atm, chain with higher absorb, or thats what I heard)

There are two questions, one is what do you plan on killing the most? The other is, do you need a bonus to kill them...

On cloth, all weapon types are neutral... Most studded/leather wearers have limited health to begin with, do you need +15% for them? Most chain/scale wearers on the other hand have tons of HP...

D

Danya

Scale and chain are both 27% absorb.
I think scale has the same resist table as plate in this patch.
Thrust gets bonus on chain, slash on leather, don't think either gets a bonus vs studded (crush does though). Slash has penalty on chain, thrust has penalty on leather I think.

K

Kagato.

I think in general thrust is better for RvR (in the current patches, 1.52 is *supposed* to make it even) and Slash better for PvE.

As for which styles you prefer, well thats down to the individual, as a Polearm user it makes no differance to us as we get a completely different set of styles.

Have to say though that it doesn't really make sense that leather or studded would get resistances vs thrusting weapons, I mean, its 'leather' come on lol. Plate I could understand but hey, its a game not reality and all in the name of balance.

:)

F

Flimgoblin

At the moment crush totally outshines everything else..

even versus midgard
bonuses versus hibernia.

By 1.52 it's about even...

Choose depending on what realm and what type of character you wanna kill.

Users who are viewing this thread