Slash or Crush?

achaius

Fledgling Freddie
I have been waiting for 1.69 to get the crush versions of Battler and Malice for my HO merc's final SC spec but...... am I right to stick with Crush, or would I actually be better with Slash? Before I activate these and do my final SC spec I am seeking some advice please...

So, calling all the experienced mercs out there....Stay Crush or respec Slash, and why?

Many thanks.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Slash is better Vs Hib ... Crush is better Vs Mid. Im not rvr active atm because of toa etc. but from what I understand there seems to be a lot more caster heavy hib grps in emain than anything else. Crush and Slash are both neutral to hib casters so not much difference there but slash has a bonus towards scale which means its easier to take down druids and hero's (this is important due to bg). Crush has an anytime stun which is nice but overall slash styles imo are better ... nice anytime, nice back style. With NF coming out though pf is getting seriously nerfed so that anytime crush stun might become extremely useful. Personally I find the ml3 Banelord ability oppression brill for stopping fleeing targets in their tracks. Im slash myself but tbh I dont think either is better than the other but the pf nerf might swing me in favour of crush because of the anytime stun.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
if you like to grp alot, i think slash > crush

better dmg on hib support, even dmg on casters, good backstyle, great anytime style (xD)

If you like to solo, crush might be better

the anytime stun is very handy :sex:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I been slash twice, crush twice and thrust twice.As a highlander i seemed to hit harder as crush/slash than thrust maybe due to the 150-200 more weaponskill, to be honest crush was very nice with that anytime stun you could use when a caster uses moc.

Though with the current situation of the game majority of bodyguarding tanks are weak to slash so i guess it's best to go slash due to this being a main reason which it is.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Being neutral to all midgard classes with crush is not to be sneezed at either, you may lose the bonus vs some classes but it evens out when theres no middies resistant to you either. Theres 4 enemy classes resistant to crush yet 9 resistant to slash.

HTE

Fledgling Freddie
What about the 70 odd points (78 maybe?) you get in slash autotrain? Does it tip the scale?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Theres 4 enemy classes resistant to crush yet 9 resistant to slash.
8 vulnerable to slash, 4 vulerable to crush :p

don't think there is much in it really. it comes down to backslash+amy vs an anytime stun.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Making a Battler or Malice crush looks like slapping someone with a fish imho :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom