slambug .. or just skilled on my part? :P

A

Arlone

After a fight at amgE today Platina (warrior mid/pry) asked me why I wasnt slammed by her .. shieldslam. I had no idea ... perhaps she had someone else targeted and so on. But after a bit of discussion I went back to check what actually happened. This is what I saw :)

slambug.jpg

Note: Platina successfully slammed me, but the stuneffect was cast on her instead of me. Skills imo.!

Anyone else run into this? Think it's odd to absorb 1 hp from it aswell ... smells bug!

D

Danya

Absorbing 1 hp just means your buffer only had 1 hp left, quite normal.

As for the stun, not seen that before but I perfed a BD commander and made myself bleed before:
self-bleed.jpg

B

Brannor McThife

Danya, perhaps there was some sort of damage shield or effect on the Skeletal Commander, and the 6 damage you received coincidently matched the damage. Although, since the skeleton did die right after you, perhaps the game engine had a DoT that it needed something to "land" on...and you were it.

Probability of bug: 70%.

As for the slam, I'm sure I recall seeing this ages ago when slamming people - the text saying that it is you that can't move, but still affecting the target. However, if it did indeed stun her, then it is a bug.

Probability of bug: 90%

-G

S

Solarius

I seem to remember seeing this type of bug before on BW - was a while ago, so don't ask where the thread is!

And brannon, not to be picky, but if you read the log from Danya, it clearly says 'You hit Dannyan for 6 damage' followed by 'You are hit for 6 damage'. Pretty sure I've seen this before too, but afaik it was a bug in the coding from Mythic (I read the bleed bug from VNboards!)

Doesn't happen very often fortunatly!

WHat I'd like to know is, if you read the last line.... How does the Emerald simulacrum get a simulacrum? :)

D

Danya

"You hit Dannyan for 6 damage" shows it's a definite bug if you ask me. :p

D

Danya

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Although, since the skeleton did die right after you, perhaps the game engine had a DoT that it needed something to "land" on...and you were it.
Seems unlikely since the bleed is applied before my poison usually... and the poison landed normally.

B

Brannor McThife

Well, if, as pointed out, you take into consideration, the Simulacrum's simulacrum... you can pretty must bet your bottom dollar on the game engine tossing its toys out the cot...basically, it got fooked and just started assigning stuff to various "targets" in the area...

I'd say that's more than a little bug...

-G

O

old.Kerosene

When my theurg ice roots, I got the message 'Your feet are frozen to the ground'. Same bug methinks.

A

allnewdave

Looks odd, but could be a problem with the text messages rather than the style.

A lot of spells and buffs have errors with the text message associated wit them.

On the other hand, I wouldnt be surprised if some patch-guy broke Camelot again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom