Sky Digital in other rooms

G

I am getting Sky and would like to watch the programs when i am in bed, i know you can get the TVLink eye thing but that means i have to run a coaxial cable from the back of my tv downstairs upto my bedroom, are there any wireless jobbies that would do the same thing and has anyone had any experience of them.

Thanks in advance

R.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I'm sure there are wireless devices to do this. Ages ago I got hold of video senders that had a IR mouse on them that you had to stick in front of the telly and it would mimic the IR being fed to it from the other room. It wasn't great but it worked. They must have some sort of device these days which work in the same way as the Eye you mention.

Personally I got fed up with the video senders and ran a co-ax round the outside of the house. The TVLink Eye works great on this and it means I also have all the terestrial channels and the tv-out from my pc, which goes into the telly in the lounge can also be played in the bedroom.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
I use the digisender that I got from argos. It seems to work pretty good. The only troubles Ive had with it is with using remotes upstairs but thats more to do with the shonky Pace cable boxes that Telewest use. I manged to get around it by buying a 3-in-1 remote and that does the job better than the original telewest remote.

venus

Fledgling Freddie
SAS has a digisender that he used to use when he lived with his parents he says they are pretty good. He is trying to sell his atm cos we have no use for it anymore.. might be worth dropping him a pm if your interested.. not sure how much he wants for it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sky do a version of the box that allows you to watch more than one channel at once so you can have an rx in more than one room.

Wireless links are shite at best, you're much better off cabling it through your house. Use the SCART socket rather than the coax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom